RemedySpot.com

Re: acetyl L carnitine >> given at dinner time?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

in our experience if we give it with dinner it takes ds a bit longer to

go to sleep. It is not too bad (not like he would stay up for hours,

maybe half an hour or so difference), but we still prefer to stick to

breakfast and lunch only.

same with Q10.

Natasa

>

> Dear All,

>

> Last week I gave (5years) Acetyl L carnitine, dosage 250mg x 3

time daily, after bfast, lunch and dinner.

>

> Anyone has experience or info whether its ok to give carnitine at

night time? as this suppose to boost the verbal, may be its not ok to

give at night time??

> Pls advise.

>

> Thanks,

> Yuliana

>

Interesting topic for me because I just increased my son's Carnitine today and I gave it in the afternoon but I was planning on giving it in the evening from now on... I would not have guessed that it could cause restlessness. Just wondering about dosage...my son is 5 years and weighs 35lbs. I've been giving 1x250mg and I thought he should get more. Did you get your dosage recommendations from your doctors? Also, I never heard that it could boost language...Can you tell me more? How so? Where can I look up more info? TIA Stéphanie B.natasa778 wrote: in our experience if we give it with dinner it takes ds a bit longer togo to sleep. It is not too bad (not like he would stay up for hours,maybe half an hour or so difference), but we still prefer to stick tobreakfast and lunch only.same with Q10.Natasa>> Dear All,>> Last week I gave (5years) Acetyl L carnitine, dosage 250mg x 3time daily, after bfast, lunch and dinner.>> Anyone has experience or info whether its ok to give carnitine atnight time? as this suppose to boost the verbal, may be its not ok togive at night time??> Pls

advise.>> Thanks,> Yuliana>

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

you want to give it with fatty foods, like with meats and oils, so if you do it in the AM you want to do something like evening primerose oil with it or CLO and or with meats with lunch and dinner,

Recovering from Autism is a marathon NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible! Read more about it on my Blogs athttp://www.myspace.com/christelking

Re: Re: acetyl L carnitine >> given at dinner time?

Interesting topic for me because I just increased my son's Carnitine today and I gave it in the afternoon but I was planning on giving it in the evening from now on... I would not have guessed that it could cause restlessness.

Just wondering about dosage...my son is 5 years and weighs 35lbs. I've been giving 1x250mg and I thought he should get more. Did you get your dosage recommendations from your doctors? Also, I never heard that it could boost language...Can you tell me more? How so? Where can I look up more info?

TIA

Stéphanie B.natasa778 <nenodalmaholidays (DOT) co.uk> wrote:

in our experience if we give it with dinner it takes ds a bit longer togo to sleep. It is not too bad (not like he would stay up for hours,maybe half an hour or so difference), but we still prefer to stick tobreakfast and lunch only.same with Q10.Natasa>> Dear All,>> Last week I gave (5years) Acetyl L carnitine, dosage 250mg x 3time daily, after bfast, lunch and dinner.>> Anyone has experience or info whether its ok to give carnitine atnight time? as this suppose to boost the verbal, may be its not ok togive at night time??> Pls advise.>> Thanks,> Yuliana>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1218 - Release Date: 1/10/2008 1:32 PM

Thanks Gaby and Natasa...

I do have feeling abt that... will change right away.

CoQ10 is given bfast and lunch only..

Thanks a lot. Clear my confusion now..

Cheers,

Yuliana

in our experience if we give it with dinner it takes ds a bit longer togo to sleep. It is not too bad (not like he would stay up for hours,maybe half an hour or so difference), but we still prefer to stick tobreakfast and lunch only.same with Q10.Natasa>> Dear All,>> Last week I gave (5years) Acetyl L carnitine, dosage 250mg x 3time daily, after bfast, lunch and dinner.>> Anyone has experience or info whether its ok to give carnitine atnight time? as this suppose to boost the verbal, may be its not ok togive at night time??> Pls advise.>> Thanks,> Yuliana>

My son dose is 3x250mg. I think the dosage range from Jon pangborn book is 25-100mg/kg daily.

I give it together with CLO and Omega.

Its basically for mitochondria support I guess, but its also use to treat age related problems. I cant find the info now where stated it can boost language.. maybe others can help?

Cheers,

Yuliana

Interesting topic for me because I just increased my son's Carnitine today and I gave it in the afternoon but I was planning on giving it in the evening from now on... I would not have guessed that it could cause restlessness.

Just wondering about dosage...my son is 5 years and weighs 35lbs. I've been giving 1x250mg and I thought he should get more. Did you get your dosage recommendations from your doctors? Also, I never heard that it could boost language...Can you tell me more? How so? Where can I look up more info?

TIA

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1218 - Release Date: 1/10/2008 1:32 PM

, carnitine is especially indicated if you suspect your child suffered lowered oxygen supply during/before birth. or if there is reduced blood flow to the brain now (which is probably the case in most ASD). Also, it acts in synergy with Q10, so that may be worth adding if you think carnitine has a positive effect.We give 2 x 500mg caps, sometimes 3x that, so a maximum of 1500mg per day, plus 2x 75mg Q10.What made me decide on this high dosage for carnitine was that 1500mg was used in studies for kids who suffered prenatal brain damage... dose was deemed safe (this was from a conservative mainstream institute).natasaEur J Pharmacol. 2007 Sep 10;570(1-3):97-107. Epub 2007 Jun 13. Acetyl-L-carnitine ameliorates hypobaric hypoxic impairment and spatial memory deficits in rats. Barhwal K, Singh SB, Hota SK, Jayalakshmi K, Ilavazhagan G. Defence Institute of Physiology and Allied Sciences, Defence Research and Development Organization, Lucknow Road, Timarpur, Delhi-110054, India. Inadequate oxygen availability at high altitude causes oxidative stress and generation of reactive oxygen species, which may lead to memory impairment. Hippocampus, which plays a key role in the learning and memory processes, is especially vulnerable to hypoxic damage. The present study was aimed at investigating the effect of acetyl-L-carnitine on spatial working and reference memory deficits along with oxidative and apoptotic damage, caused by hypobaric hypoxia in male Sprague Dawley rats. Rats were trained in Water Maze for eight days after which they were submitted to chronic hypobaric hypoxia exposure at a simulated altitude of 6100 m for three days. Rats received daily acetyl-L-carnitine at a dosage of 75 mg/kg body weight orally during exposure. Subsequent to exposure, performance of the animals was tested in Water Maze, which revealed working memory impairment that was significantly improved by acetyl-L-carnitine. However, there was no change in the reference memory after hypobaric hypoxia exposure. Following behavioral study animals were sacrificed and biomarkers of oxidative damage like free radical production, lactate dehydrogenase activity, lipid peroxidation, antioxidant status and expression of apoptotic [viz. caspase-3, Apoptosis activating factor (Apaf-1), bax, cytochrome c] and anti-apoptotic protein-Bcl-2 were studied in the hippocampus. There was a significant increase in oxidative stress along with increased expression of apoptotic proteins and NR1 subunit of glutamate receptor indicating occurrence of excitotoxicity in hypoxia exposed rats. These results suggested that supplementation with acetyl-L-carnitine improves spatial working memory deficits reduces oxidative stress and inhibits apoptotic cascade induced by hypoxia. PMID: 17610872 [PubMed - in process]Neurosci Lett. 1997 Feb 28;223(3):201-5. Effect of acetyl-L-carnitine on hyperactivity and spatial memory deficits of rats exposed to neonatal anoxia. Dell' E, Iuvone L, Calzolari S, Geloso MC. Department of Experimental and Clinical Pathology and Medicine, University of Udine, Italy. dellanna@... The effect of acetyl-L-carnitine (ALC) on behavioral deficits following neonatal anoxia (N2 100% for 25 min at 30 h after birth) was studied in the rat. Transient hyperactivity at P20-P45 postnatal days and permanent spatial memory deficits were shown by anoxic rats. A chronic ALC treatment (50 mg/kg per die injected intraperitoneally from P2, after anoxia, to P60) significantly reduced the transient increase in sniffing, rearing and locomotory activity of anoxic rats, but, mostly, ameliorated the spatial memory performances in a maze at P30-P40 and in a water maze at P50-P60. No behavioral changes were seen in ALC-treated animals that received sham-exposure at birth. On the basis of these results, the use of ALC for the treatment of perinatal asphyctic insults in children is suggested. PMID: 9080467 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]Dev Med Child Neurol. 2004 Mar;46(3):179-83. ADHD: increased dopamine receptor availability linked to attention deficit and low neonatal cerebral blood flow. Lou HC, P, Pryds O, Karrebaek H, Lunding J, Cumming P, Gjedde A. Centre of Functionally Integrative Neuroscience and PET Centre, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark. hclou@... Attention-deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), while largely thought to be a genetic disorder, has environmental factors that appear to contribute significantly to the aetiopathogenesis of the disorder. One such factor is pretern birth with vulnerable cerebrovascular homeostasis. We hypothesised that cerebral ischaemia at birth could contribute to persistent deficient dopaminergic neurotransmission, which is thought to be the pathophysiological basis of the disorder. We examined dopamine D(2/3) receptor binding with positron emission tomography (PET) using [11C] raclopride as a tracer, and continuous reaction times (RT) with a computerized test of variables (TOVA) in six adolescents (12-14 years of age, one female) who had been examined with cerebral blood flow (CBF) measurements at preterm birth and had a subsequent history of attention deficit. We found that high dopamine receptor availability ('empty receptors') was linked with increased RT and RT variability, supporting the concept of a dopaminergic role in symptomatology. High dopamine receptor availability was predicted by low neonatal CBF, supporting the hypothesis of cerebral ischaemia as a contributing factor in infants susceptible to ADHD. Publication Types: * Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't PMID: 14995087 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]Zh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova. 2000;100(3):57-9. [Nervous-mental health of children who had perinatal damage of the nervous system] [Article in Russian] Shnitkova EV,… The paper presents the results of somatic, neurologic and neurophysiologic examination of 614 children which had hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy of a moderate degree during the period from the birth till 3 years old. A period of gestation was characterised by some signs of fetoplacental insufficiency in 44.3% of children. Disorders in labor activity were revealed in 83.7% of mothers. Delay in nervous-mental development (77.3%), deviations in forming rhythmic EEG activity (75%), signs of morphologic immaturity of brain (38.8%) testified to inhibition of postnatal neuroontogenesis. All that together with high frequency of motor disorders (73.3%) and disorders in cerebral blood flow (43.8%) during the 1-st year of life were found to underlie development of psychoneurologic diseases in children of early age and necessitates early rehabilitation of these children. Publication Types: * English Abstract PMID: 10758651 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]> >> > Dear All,> >> > Last week I gave (5years) Acetyl L carnitine, dosage 250mg x 3> time daily, after bfast, lunch and dinner.> >> > Anyone has experience or info whether its ok to give carnitine at> night time? as this suppose to boost the verbal, may be its not ok to> give at night time??> > Pls advise.> >> > Thanks,> > Yuliana> >> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>

high amounts are needed if you have fat digestion issues, mito issues or low tone

Recovering from Autism is a marathon NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible! Read more about it on my Blogs athttp://www.myspace.com/christelking

TIA

Be careful with increasing l-carnitine too fast. I had my son on it

and increased the dosage and think it caused him seizures. He would

do this 'pop' thing like he was going to explode and then he would

stiffen and get these spastic movements to his limbs. It would last

about twenty seconds and as I increased the dosage he would have a

few episodes a day. Since taking him off all supplements he has not

done it once in over a month! I did an internet search on seizures

and l-carnitine and found that in seizure prone kids (epilepsy,

etc.) you need to be careful of ketone levels and that l-carnitine

decreases ketones and can cause seizures. I think that is what

happened to my son since last time when he was sick with a high

fever I measured his ketones on an OAT and they were low normal and

not elevated like you would expect during illness.

Be careful. I thought l-carnitine would be safe at mega doses and

for most I am sure it is. But for some it can be bad at too high a

dose.

Michele

> >

> > Dear All,

> >

> > Last week I gave (5years) Acetyl L carnitine,

dosage 250mg x 3

> time daily, after bfast, lunch and dinner.

> >

> > Anyone has experience or info whether its ok to give

carnitine at

> night time? as this suppose to boost the verbal, may be

its not ok to

> give at night time??

> > Pls advise.

> >

> > Thanks,

> > Yuliana

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> -------------------------------------------------------------------

-------

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

>

>

>

-------

>

>

> No virus found in this incoming message.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1218 - Release

Date: 1/10/2008 1:32 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

-----------

>

>

> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1218 - Release Date:

1/10/2008 1:32 PM

>

that is good to know, thanks. what were the max doses your son was on?

natasa

> > >

> > > Dear All,

> > >

> > > Last week I gave (5years) Acetyl L carnitine,

> dosage 250mg x 3

> > time daily, after bfast, lunch and dinner.

> > >

> > > Anyone has experience or info whether its ok to give

> carnitine at

> > night time? as this suppose to boost the verbal, may be

> its not ok to

> > give at night time??

> > > Pls advise.

> > >

> > > Thanks,

> > > Yuliana

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > -------------------------------------------------------------------

> -------

> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

> >

> >

> >

> -------

> >

> >

> > No virus found in this incoming message.

> > Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1218 - Release

> Date: 1/10/2008 1:32 PM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> -----------

> >

> >

> > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1218 - Release Date:

> 1/10/2008 1:32 PM

> >

>

Acetyl-L-Carnitine should be given in betwwen meals. It should be given

on an empty stomach. We give ours in the morning before breakfast. We

also give with that NADH w/ " some " oral GSH (from Thera Naturals)

Marisha

actually if it's being given for low tone it has to be given with meals with fats and oil and protiens for best absorption

Acetyl-L-Carnitine should be given in betwwen meals. It should be given on an empty stomach. We give ours in the morning before breakfast. We also give with that NADH w/"some" oral GSH (from Thera Naturals) Marisha

Christel,

Can you tell me where you got this information? All literature I have

does not support giving it with food.

Thanks,

Marisha

>

> actually if it's being given for low tone it has to be given with

meals with fats and oil and protiens for best absorption

> Recovering from Autism is a marathon

> NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible!

> Read more about it on my Blogs at

> http://www.myspace.com/christelking

> Re: acetyl L carnitine >> given at dinner

time?

>

>

> Acetyl-L-Carnitine should be given in betwwen meals. It should be

given

> on an empty stomach. We give ours in the morning before

breakfast. We

> also give with that NADH w/ " some " oral GSH (from Thera Naturals)

>

> Marisha

>

>

>

>

>

>

> --------------------------------------------------------------------

----------

>

>

>

I just want to be clear; there are two types of Carnitine. Both can

be purchased over the counter and Regular Carintine can also be by

prescription. Usually Carnitine is given in several doses thru out

the day with food. I have noticed if given late in the day it causes

too much wakefulness in my son - so I stopped giving it after lunch.

The Acetyl Carnitine cause bad behaviors and after looking at Yasko's

information - genetic testing - this one was a bad one to use with

our son. So he only gets the Regular Carnitine now. If you have

insurance and get a presciption for it, you can save yourself some

money and get it that way as it is expensive.

BTW: Children who are on seizure medications - its highly recommended

that they take Carnitine as well.

In mb12 valtrex , " georgies_mama "

wrote:

>

> Be careful with increasing l-carnitine too fast. I had my son on

it

> and increased the dosage and think it caused him seizures. He

would

> do this 'pop' thing like he was going to explode and then he would

> stiffen and get these spastic movements to his limbs. It would

last

> about twenty seconds and as I increased the dosage he would have a

> few episodes a day. Since taking him off all supplements he has

not

> done it once in over a month! I did an internet search on seizures

> and l-carnitine and found that in seizure prone kids (epilepsy,

> etc.) you need to be careful of ketone levels and that l-carnitine

> decreases ketones and can cause seizures. I think that is what

> happened to my son since last time when he was sick with a high

> fever I measured his ketones on an OAT and they were low normal and

> not elevated like you would expect during illness.

>

> Be careful. I thought l-carnitine would be safe at mega doses and

> for most I am sure it is. But for some it can be bad at too high a

> dose.

>

> Michele

>

>

>

> > >

> > > Dear All,

> > >

> > > Last week I gave (5years) Acetyl L carnitine,

> dosage 250mg x 3

> > time daily, after bfast, lunch and dinner.

> > >

> > > Anyone has experience or info whether its ok to give

> carnitine at

> > night time? as this suppose to boost the verbal, may be

> its not ok to

> > give at night time??

> > > Pls advise.

> > >

> > > Thanks,

> > > Yuliana

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------------------------------------

-

> -------

> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

> >

> >

> >

-

> -------

> >

> >

> Date: 1/10/2008 1:32 PM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

-

> -----------

> >

> >

Date:

> >

>

Carnitine helps transport long-chain fatty acids formed from triglycerides into the mitochondria of cells where it can be converted to energy for brain, heart, and nerve cells. but has to be taken WITH fats to convert them

Re: acetyl L carnitine >> given at dinner time?> > > Acetyl-L-Carnitine should be given in betwwen meals. It should be given > on an empty stomach. We give ours in the morning before breakfast. We > also give with that NADH w/"some" oral GSH (from Thera Naturals) > > Marisha> > > > > > > --------------------------------------------------------------------> > > No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition. > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1218 - Release Date: 1/10/2008 1:32 PM>

Which form of carnitine, l-carnitine or acety-l-carnitine, is

recommended for children on seizure medications? Just wondering b/c

it was my understanding that they each do different things.

Jax, Fl

> > > >

> > > > Dear All,

> > > >

> > > > Last week I gave (5years) Acetyl L carnitine,

> > dosage 250mg x 3

> > > time daily, after bfast, lunch and dinner.

> > > >

> > > > Anyone has experience or info whether its ok to give

> > carnitine at

> > > night time? as this suppose to boost the verbal, may be

> > its not ok to

> > > give at night time??

> > > > Pls advise.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks,

> > > > Yuliana

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ----------------------------------------------------------------

--

> -

> > -------

> > > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

> > >

> > >

> > >

--

> -

> > -------

> > >

> > >

> > > No virus found in this incoming message.

> > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1218 -

Release

> > Date: 1/10/2008 1:32 PM

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

--

> -

> > -----------

> > >

> > >

> > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1218 - Release

> Date:

> > 1/10/2008 1:32 PM

> > >

> >

>

From what I read, carnitine is given to children on seizure medicine

because the seizure medicine lowers carnitine levels. I thought of

it more as replenishing instead of adding.

What genetic testing would indicate which is the better form of

carnitine? My son is a major undermethylator, so that should not be

an issue for him, and for him it wasn't bad behavior we got but what

appears to be seizures.

My son is a super sensitive kid to supplements and never needs or

can tolerate the high doses. He was up to only 250 mg a day of the

l-carnitine and we had the issues with it. I had one DAN doctor

tell me to give 125 mg every other day and another DAN tell me to

give 500 mg twice a day (1000 mg total). HUGE variation in

suggestions. I would just increase slowly just in case and not just

jump right into a big dose. I will look to see if I can find the

link to the website I am referring to regarding seizures and l-

carnitine and post it.

Michele

> > > >

> > > > Dear All,

> > > >

> > > > Last week I gave (5years) Acetyl L carnitine,

> > dosage 250mg x 3

> > > time daily, after bfast, lunch and dinner.

> > > >

> > > > Anyone has experience or info whether its ok to give

> > carnitine at

> > > night time? as this suppose to boost the verbal, may

be

> > its not ok to

> > > give at night time??

> > > > Pls advise.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks,

> > > > Yuliana

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------

---

> -

> > -------

> > > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

> > >

> > >

> > >

---

> -

> > -------

> > >

> > >

> > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1218 -

Release

> > Date: 1/10/2008 1:32 PM

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

---

> -

> > -----------

> > >

> > >

> > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1218 - Release

> Date:

> > 1/10/2008 1:32 PM

> > >

> >

>

For children just starting on Carnitine - you may want to start out

slow. When my son first started taking it, he must have had some kind

of DeTox from it. He smelled terrible, so did his urine - for about a

month, it smelled like a fish market in our house! It finally went

away.

If your trying it in tablet form, you may want to get a prescription

for it in liquid form, some people think it works better in liquid.

I have never tried the liquid on my son, since he can swallow pills

fine - I don't know how different it works personally.

In mb12 valtrex , " Christel King "

wrote:

>

> Carnitine helps transport long-chain fatty acids formed from

triglycerides into the mitochondria of cells where it can be

converted to energy for brain, heart, and nerve cells. but has to be

taken WITH fats to convert them

> Recovering from Autism is a marathon

> NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible!

> Read more about it on my Blogs at

> http://www.myspace.com/christelking

> Re: acetyl L carnitine >> given at

dinner

> time?

> >

> >

> > Acetyl-L-Carnitine should be given in betwwen meals. It should

be

> given

> > on an empty stomach. We give ours in the morning before

> breakfast. We

> > also give with that NADH w/ " some " oral GSH (from Thera

Naturals)

> >

> > Marisha

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ----------------------------------------------------------

> ----------

> >

> >

Date:

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> --------------------------------------------------------------------

----------

>

>

>

I found the article at: http://site.matthewsfriends.org/index.php?

page=l-carnitine-faqs

What I am getting my information from is from this:

" Can Carnitine increase seizures?

I believe if you start your child on too high a dose, or increase

too quickly, then YES, more seizures can occur (ask Emma on that

one!). For some, introduction of carnitine can drop blood ketones

enough to trigger seizures. This is why I feel it is important to be

checking these levels while initiating carnitine and after each

increase in carnitine dose. Keep good records of ketone readings and

glucose readings (if you take them).

If you believe your child is suffering increased seizure activity

due to the addition/increases of carnitine either take it down by

50mg and increase in smaller amounts OR stop it and re-introduce it

at a tiny amount (5mg/Kg) and build up very slowly (increase by

1mg/kg every 5-7 days). "

Hope this helps.

Michele

> > > > >

> > > > > Dear All,

> > > > >

> > > > > Last week I gave (5years) Acetyl L

carnitine,

> > > dosage 250mg x 3

> > > > time daily, after bfast, lunch and dinner.

> > > > >

> > > > > Anyone has experience or info whether its ok to

give

> > > carnitine at

> > > > night time? as this suppose to boost the verbal, may

> be

> > > its not ok to

> > > > give at night time??

> > > > > Pls advise.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks,

> > > > > Yuliana

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > -------------------------------------------------------------

--

> ---

> > -

> > > -------

> > > > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

--

> ---

> > -

> > > -------

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > No virus found in this incoming message.

> > > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1218 -

> Release

> > > Date: 1/10/2008 1:32 PM

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

--

> ---

> > -

> > > -----------

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > No virus found in this incoming message.

> > > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1218 - Release

> > Date:

> > > 1/10/2008 1:32 PM

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

I wonder how this relates to low-carb diets? Would kids who do badly

with high doses carnitine benefit from ketogenic, or even SCD diet?

would SCD diet give protection agains seizures for those sensitive kids

(it usually brings ketone levels up, although not as much as 'proper'

ketogenic diet)

Natasa

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dear All,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Last week I gave (5years) Acetyl L

> carnitine,

> > > > dosage 250mg x 3

> > > > > time daily, after bfast, lunch and dinner.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Anyone has experience or info whether its ok to

> give

> > > > carnitine at

> > > > > night time? as this suppose to boost the verbal, may

> > be

> > > > its not ok to

> > > > > give at night time??

> > > > > > Pls advise.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thanks,

> > > > > > Yuliana

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > -------------------------------------------------------------

> --

> > ---

> > > -

> > > > -------

> > > > > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> --

> > ---

> > > -

> > > > -------

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > No virus found in this incoming message.

> > > > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> > > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1218 -

> > Release

> > > > Date: 1/10/2008 1:32 PM

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> --

> > ---

> > > -

> > > > -----------

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > No virus found in this incoming message.

> > > > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> > > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1218 - Release

> > > Date:

> > > > 1/10/2008 1:32 PM

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Thats wht I thought too.. so I gave it with fatty acids supplement. And now I change the fatty acids to after meal, before I did it before meal together with enzyme so it may help with the digestion on the fatty acids to. But since wherever I look said its better to give it after meal, then I switched back.

Rgds,

Yuliana

Re: acetyl L carnitine >> given at dinner time?> > > Acetyl-L-Carnitine should be given in betwwen meals. It should be given > on an empty stomach. We give ours in the morning before breakfast. We > also give with that NADH w/"some" oral GSH (from Thera Naturals) > > Marisha> > > > > > > --------------------------------------------------------------------> > > No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition. > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1218 - Release Date: 1/10/2008 1:32 PM>

you need this with fats and protiens to activate it

acetyl L carnitine >> given at dinner time?

Dear All,

Last week I gave (5years) Acetyl L carnitine, dosage 250mg x 3 time daily, after bfast, lunch and dinner.

Anyone has experience or info whether its ok to give carnitine at night time? as this suppose to boost the verbal, may be its not ok to give at night time??

Pls advise.

Thanks,

Yuliana

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1213 - Release Date: 1/7/2008 9:14 AM

it makes sense that it would help break down fats and push it into the cells, seizers can be from hypoglycemia from low sugars and low protien and fats leaving the cells deprived, carnintine helps to fix this......therefore taking seizer threshold up

From what I read, carnitine is given to children on seizure medicine because the seizure medicine lowers carnitine levels. I thought of it more as replenishing instead of adding.What genetic testing would indicate which is the better form of carnitine? My son is a major undermethylator, so that should not be an issue for him, and for him it wasn't bad behavior we got but what appears to be seizures.My son is a super sensitive kid to supplements and never needs or can tolerate the high doses. He was up to only 250 mg a day of the l-carnitine and we had the issues with it. I had one DAN doctor tell me to give 125 mg every other day and another DAN tell me to give 500 mg twice a day (1000 mg total). HUGE variation in suggestions. I would just increase slowly just in case and not just jump right into a big dose. I will look to see if I can find the link to the website I am referring to regarding seizures and l-carnitine and post it.Michele > > > >> > > > Dear All,> > > >> > > > Last week I gave (5years) Acetyl L carnitine, > > dosage 250mg x 3> > > time daily, after bfast, lunch and dinner.> > > >> > > > Anyone has experience or info whether its ok to give > > carnitine at> > > night time? as this suppose to boost the verbal, may be > > its not ok to> > > give at night time??> > > > Pls advise.> > > >> > > > Thanks,> > > > Yuliana> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------------------> -> > -------> > > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. > > > > > > > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------------------> -> > -------> > > > > > > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > > Checked by AVG Free Edition. > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1218 - Release > > Date: 1/10/2008 1:32 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------------------> -> > -----------> > > > > > > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > > Checked by AVG Free Edition. > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1218 - Release > Date: > > 1/10/2008 1:32 PM> > >> >>

yes or meats that are fatty

Original Message:

-----------------

Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:13:41 +0700

To: mb12 valtrex

Subject: Re: acetyl L carnitine >> given at dinner time?

So its better to give with Omega3 and other fatty acids?

Thanks.

Yuliana

acetyl L carnitine >> given at dinner time?

Dear All,

Last week I gave (5years) Acetyl L carnitine, dosage 250mg x 3

time daily, after bfast, lunch and dinner.

Anyone has experience or info whether its ok to give carnitine at night

time? as this suppose to boost the verbal, may be its not ok to give at

night time??

Pls advise.

Thanks,

Yuliana

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1213 - Release Date:

1/7/2008 9:14 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------

myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft® Windows® and Linux web and application

hosting - http://link.myhosting.com/myhosting