RemedySpot.com

Re: antifungals

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Nystatin didn't work for us at all.  Not with my asd son or my nt son.  It's pretty much the weakest choice.  It is not a systemic antifungal so it will only kill what it comes in direct contact with which usually isn't enough.Nizoral - yes, worked great for about 6 months and now we are on diflucan.  3/4 pill on each at night.  My son was just over 3 when he started - he's 4 now.No experience with sporanox.cherylHappy New Year everyone. I have a question re antifungals. Has anyone tried Nizoral, Sporanol or Nystatin? If so, have you had any success? and if yes, what dosage were you using? I'm trying to figure out which drug would be best for my 3.5 yr old daughter who weighs about 33lbs.Any advice would be greatly appreciatedThank you all

Same here....no luck with Nystatin. Nizoral- works great Diflucan - worked great, then stopped working....had to up the dosage to get it to work again. We rotate between Nizoral and Diflucan.Cheryl Lowrance wrote: Nystatin didn't work for us at all. Not with my asd son or my nt son. It's pretty much the weakest choice. It is not a systemic antifungal so it will only kill what it comes in direct contact with which usually isn't enough. Nizoral - yes, worked great for about 6 months and now we are on diflucan. 3/4 pill on each at night. My son was just over 3 when he started - he's 4 now. No experience with sporanox. cheryl Happy New Year everyone. I have

a question re antifungals. Has anyone tried Nizoral, Sporanol or Nystatin? If so, have you had any success? and if yes, what dosage were you using? I'm trying to figure out which drug would be best for my 3.5 yr old daughter who weighs about 33lbs.Any advice would be greatly appreciatedThank you all

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Do you need an RX for Nizoral? Is it as pricey as Nystatin? We have

had our son on Nystatin for almost 2 months now and do not notice

anything different. Do you think it is time to move on? Would

ThreeLac be a choice as a yeast fighter?

>

> Happy New Year everyone. I have a question re

antifungals. Has anyone

> tried Nizoral, Sporanol or Nystatin? If so, have you had any

success?

> and if yes, what dosage were you using? I'm trying to figure out

which

> drug would be best for my 3.5 yr old daughter who weighs about

33lbs.

> Any advice would be greatly appreciated

>

> Thank you all

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!

Mobile. Try it now.

>

Yes a rx is needed for Nizoral. Not sure about the price. I would move on to another antifungal. Nystatin is not as helpful to most kids although, some do have luck with it. If you can't get a rx for Nizoral or Diflucan I would try the Threelac or maybe a natural antifungal.Lynn wrote: Do you need an RX for Nizoral? Is it as pricey as Nystatin? We have had our son on Nystatin for almost 2 months now and do not notice anything different. Do you think it is time to move on? Would ThreeLac be a choice as a yeast

fighter? > > Happy New Year everyone. I have a question re antifungals. Has anyone > tried Nizoral, Sporanol or Nystatin? If so, have you had any success? > and if yes, what dosage were you using? I'm trying to figure out which > drug would be best for my 3.5 yr old daughter who weighs about 33lbs.> Any advice would be greatly appreciated> > Thank you all> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Yes, Nizoral is a prescription drug in the US.

Pamela

" Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There

can be no courage unless you're scared. "

Eddie Rickenbacker, top US fighter ace, WWI

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

No, it doesn't have to be with an antifungal.  Nystatin is a nonsystemic antifungal which means it will only kill that which it has direct contact.  It's not as effective as a systemic antifungal like Diflucan, Nizoral or Amp B.  Nystatin was completely useless on both my asd son and my nt son.  It works for some, though.CherylMy doctor (DAN) is suggesting an antifungal for my son.  Can anyone give me any information on this?  Should it be administered with an anti-viral (thought I'd heard that somewhere).   I would love any information about this. Thanks Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

No, it doesn't have to be with an antifungal.  Nystatin is a nonsystemic antifungal which means it will only kill that which it has direct contact.  It's not as effective as a systemic antifungal like Diflucan, Nizoral or Amp B.  Nystatin was completely useless on both my asd son and my nt son.  It works for some, though.CherylMy doctor (DAN) is suggesting an antifungal for my son.  Can anyone give me any information on this?  Should it be administered with an anti-viral (thought I'd heard that somewhere).   I would love any information about this. Thanks Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.