RemedySpot.com

Re: Nordic Naturals and soy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i've got a bottle and it says contains no gluten, yeast, milk derivatives or artificial colors or flavors. Contains vitain E derived from refined soybean oil. My daughter is not allergic to soy but I am trying to stay away from as many of the grains as possible. This is a pick your battles. God bless you all. Hope things get better for us and there are safer more effective products that don't contain allergens like corn, soy, and a host of others.

-------------- Original message --------------

Trying to keep everyone posted. I did call Nordic Naturals today, Iasked to speak to the supervisor about the soy problem. They saidthey would call me back. The first time called was 20 min before thesecond call, and the girl whom I spoke to first said that she doesn'thave any scientific evidence on the fact that the vitamin E is anallergen because it is not a the actual protein from, soy, just the Eoil, how is vitamin E not a protein? I told her that our children areso sensitive that we can't take our chances on whether the E or theprotein harms soy sensitive children, Legumes alone are iffy. She wasrude and said that the product will not change. That is when i calledback a second time and stated that I had to document When I contactedthem and whom I spoke to so that I can take N.N. off the list of safeproduct for soy sensitive children. The person directed me to hersupervisor, and said that she will call me A.S.A.P. I will ke

ep youall posted, on a side note, the consumer changes the product byrequesting so, just look at Kirman's enzymes, some are made with thepapaya, some without, just for that reason, allergens, and enoughpeople speaking up about it. A customer service rep from N.N. can nottell the consumer, "sorry, thats just how the product is made" that isbad business, and turning a deaf ignorant ear to the needs of theconsumer -Mattea

Thanks Mattea,

Pls keep us posted..

Just notice that in the latest bottle I got, mentioned Vit E derived from soybean oil, and I was so surprised! I didnt see that in their brochure in Kirkmann catalogue.

And what make me dissappointed is the Vit A content, which I though is between 600-1100IU per 2 softgels, and now with my bottle is 260-600IU per 2 softgels! I didnt notice it until last nite, so basically I was giving my son less Vit A since last month! as I assume that the vit A content is the same, RANGE of 600-1100.

I'm looking around for a better CLO.

Thanks.

Yuliana

Nordic Naturals and soy

Trying to keep everyone posted. I did call Nordic Naturals today, Iasked to speak to the supervisor about the soy problem. They saidthey would call me back. The first time called was 20 min before thesecond call, and the girl whom I spoke to first said that she doesn'thave any scientific evidence on the fact that the vitamin E is anallergen because it is not a the actual protein from, soy, just the Eoil, how is vitamin E not a protein? I told her that our children areso sensitive that we can't take our chances on whether the E or theprotein harms soy sensitive children, Legumes alone are iffy. She wasrude and said that the product will not change. That is when i calledback a second time and stated that I had to document When I contactedthem and whom I spoke to so that I can take N.N. off the list of safeproduct for soy sensitive children. The person directed me to hersupervisor, and said that she will call me A.S.A.P. I will keep youall posted, on a side note, the consumer changes the product byrequesting so, just look at Kirman's enzymes, some are made with thepapaya, some without, just for that reason, allergens, and enoughpeople speaking up about it. A customer service rep from N.N. can nottell the consumer, "sorry, thats just how the product is made" that isbad business, and turning a deaf ignorant ear to the needs of theconsumer -Mattea

Yea, We don't need them, Lets go on a search for a Clo, alternative in

the future. I will call again tomorrow and talk about the soy and

vitamin A content!-Mattea

>

> Thanks Mattea,

>

> Pls keep us posted..

> Just notice that in the latest bottle I got, mentioned Vit E derived

from soybean oil, and I was so surprised! I didnt see that in their

brochure in Kirkmann catalogue.

> And what make me dissappointed is the Vit A content, which I though

is between 600-1100IU per 2 softgels, and now with my bottle is

260-600IU per 2 softgels! I didnt notice it until last nite, so

basically I was giving my son less Vit A since last month! as I assume

that the vit A content is the same, RANGE of 600-1100.

>

> I'm looking around for a better CLO.

>

> Thanks.

> Yuliana

>

>

> Nordic Naturals and soy

>

>

> Trying to keep everyone posted. I did call Nordic Naturals today, I

> asked to speak to the supervisor about the soy problem. They said

> they would call me back. The first time called was 20 min before the

> second call, and the girl whom I spoke to first said that she doesn't

> have any scientific evidence on the fact that the vitamin E is an

> allergen because it is not a the actual protein from, soy, just the E

> oil, how is vitamin E not a protein? I told her that our children are

> so sensitive that we can't take our chances on whether the E or the

> protein harms soy sensitive children, Legumes alone are iffy. She was

> rude and said that the product will not change. That is when i called

> back a second time and stated that I had to document When I contacted

> them and whom I spoke to so that I can take N.N. off the list of safe

> product for soy sensitive children. The person directed me to her

> supervisor, and said that she will call me A.S.A.P. I will keep you

> all posted, on a side note, the consumer changes the product by

> requesting so, just look at Kirman's enzymes, some are made with the

> papaya, some without, just for that reason, allergens, and enough

> people speaking up about it. A customer service rep from N.N. can not

> tell the consumer, " sorry, thats just how the product is made " that is

> bad business, and turning a deaf ignorant ear to the needs of the

> consumer -Mattea

>

Hi Mattea,

I google around but only find 2 brand, Childlife and Vital nutrient.. there is another one that require prescription so I dont keep tht in note. I tried to check vitalnutrient but cannot find more specific detail whether it contain any allergens (only found it contain ascorbyl palmitate, which i dont know its ok or not). Can you check with them? I'm from outside US, so its difficult to call them, timewise and costwise.

I didnt check Childlife yet..

keep me posted...thanks.

Yuliana

Nordic Naturals and soy> > > Trying to keep everyone posted. I did call Nordic Naturals today, I> asked to speak to the supervisor about the soy problem. They said> they would call me back. The first time called was 20 min before the> second call, and the girl whom I spoke to first said that she doesn't> have any scientific evidence on the fact that the vitamin E is an> allergen because it is not a the actual protein from, soy, just the E> oil, how is vitamin E not a protein? I told her that our children are> so sensitive that we can't take our chances on whether the E or the> protein harms soy sensitive children, Legumes alone are iffy. She was> rude and said that the product will not change. That is when i called> back a second time and stated that I had to document When I contacted> them and whom I spoke to so that I can take N.N. off the list of safe> product for soy sensitive children. The person directed me to her> supervisor, and said that she will call me A.S.A.P. I will keep you> all posted, on a side note, the consumer changes the product by> requesting so, just look at Kirman's enzymes, some are made with the> papaya, some without, just for that reason, allergens, and enough> people speaking up about it. A customer service rep from N.N. can not> tell the consumer, "sorry, thats just how the product is made" that is> bad business, and turning a deaf ignorant ear to the needs of the> consumer -Mattea>

Apparently Green Pastures has no soy.

This was the email I sent asking them about it (certainly not conversationalists...)

From: Dave Wetzel Sent: January 8, 2008 5:05 AMTo: Jen TraversSubject: Re: Soy?

no

Hi I was interested in finding out if any of your oils contained soy? Or Vit E derived from soybean?My son has acute allergies to soy anything and I would like to know before we try your products. Thanks, Jen