RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: Namenda/ Memantine anyone doing it here????

Rate this topic

Guest guest

tried namenda on my tough nut, slow responder. didn't do anything. but, that's us. not a whole lot works here.

vickiStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

yes we tried it. In my opinion, MB12 and diet changes did much more good for us. Plus I always felt that Namenda masked the, "real kid". The Chez studies were quite small and to me, sounded very much like his aim was behavior modification. I don't like the idea of using drugs for behavior modification. I feel it is more to the point to heal the child from the inside out. I feel like those symptoms, however difficult or annoying, are very important as they show us what needs to be healed. Masking them is not healing them. Lynda Cekala wrote: My son has been tested to have high glutamate and glutamic acid. I just had this discussion with my DAN doc too. He said he would be willing to try it as it would help with the excitotoxicity of elevated glutamate. Lynda

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

What the heck is Namenda?

Chris

From: mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ] On Behalf Of vickila1@...

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008

9:04 PM

To: mb12 valtrex

Subject: Re: Re:

Namenda/ Memantine anyone doing it here????

tried namenda on my tough nut, slow

responder. didn't do anything. but, that's us. not a whole lot

works here.

vicki

Start the year off right. Easy

ways to stay in shape in the new year.

It's the brand name of memantine hydrocloride, a drug used for alzeheimer's patients. It has been used off-lable with ASD kids, reportedly to help with behavior and language by effecting glutamate levels. Not one of my faves.Farley wrote: What the heck is Namenda? From: mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ] On Behalf Of

vickila1aolSent: Monday, January 14, 2008 9:04 PMTo: mb12 valtrex Subject: Re: Re: Namenda/ Memantine anyone doing it here???? tried namenda on my tough nut, slow responder. didn't do anything. but, that's us. not a whole lot works here. vicki Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.