RemedySpot.com

stevia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We use it regularly and haven't any problems. I've always been under the impression it was safe...it's natural and usually recommened over all other sweeteners. If anyone has any bad info on it I would appreciate hearing it too :) Angie"r.englund" wrote: Do any of you use stevia to sweeten, I know it is SCD illegal, but I love the stuff and miss it, my kids used to drink so much more when I made them homemaid lemonade with it. Do any of you think is dangerous or have you seen articles on it

good or bad? Any input is appreciated.REnee

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Stevia is safe.  It’s natural and

plant-based.  I think the liquid tastes better than the powder.  We use Sweet

Leaf brand.  www.sweetleaf.com  They

carry flavored liquid stevia.  The Lemon Drop is excellent in tea and I like

the Vanilla Crème for my coffee.

Pamela

" Courage is doing

what you're afraid to do.  There can be no courage unless you're scared. "

Eddie Rickenbacker,

top US

fighter ace, WWI

[mailto:mb12 valtrex ] On

Behalf Of r.englund

Sent: Friday, December 21, 2007

4:42 PM

To: mb12 valtrex

Subject: Stevia

Do any of you use stevia to sweeten, I know it is SCD

illegal, but I

love the stuff and miss it, my kids used to drink so much more when I

made them homemaid lemonade with it. Do any of you think is dangerous

or have you seen articles on it good or bad?

Any input is appreciated.

REnee

The only negetive thing I heard about Stevia is that its molecular structure is similar to a steriod. Not all natural things, as we know are safe. Information I read came from the pecanbread website that is the SCD version for children with autism. There are people that know more about it on the pecanbread yahoo board that may be able to help you with the question of Stevia.

RE: Stevia

Stevia is safe. It’s natural and plant-based. I think the liquid tastes better than the powder. We use Sweet Leaf brand. www.sweetleaf.com They carry flavored liquid stevia. The Lemon Drop is excellent in tea and I like the Vanilla Crème for my coffee.

Pamela

"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."

Eddie Rickenbacker, top US fighter ace, WWI

From: mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ] On Behalf Of r.englundSent: Friday, December 21, 2007 4:42 PMTo: mb12 valtrex Subject: Stevia

Do any of you use stevia to sweeten, I know it is SCD illegal, but I love the stuff and miss it, my kids used to drink so much more when I made them homemaid lemonade with it. Do any of you think is dangerous or have you seen articles on it good or bad? Any input is appreciated.REnee

Stevia is highly recommended on the Body Ecology Diet, and there are many kids doing very well following it's principles. Check out this information on the body ecology website. http://www.bodyecology.com/stevia.php

Take care,

Jenn

Stevia

Do any of you use stevia to sweeten, I know it is SCD illegal, but I love the stuff and miss it, my kids used to drink so much more when I made them homemaid lemonade with it. Do any of you think is dangerous or have you seen articles on it good or bad? Any input is appreciated.REnee

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

• 2 weeks later...

yes we use it in drinks, in making jelly, cookies and muffins that are sweetened ect

Recovering from Autism is a marathon NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible! Read more about it on my Blogs athttp://www.myspace.com/christelking

Stevia

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.5/1191 - Release Date: 12/20/2007 2:14 PM

Sugar is bad for you. No one reacts good to our processed sugar. Again, it's the processing that makes it bad. If you can find raw organic sugar that would best. I like Stevia as well, but I did read on the diet list that Stan uses (Specific Carb. diet) that Stevia has the same structure as a steriod, so it is not recommended. I get so confused with all of the info, but I thought I would share. Let's keep learning. It's so difficult to toil through all of this miscellaneous data. I guess there isn't a one size fits all. Best of luck to you. I take Stevia, because I'd rather do that than the sugar. May God Bless Sonjaxoxo valmcin wrote: Stevia is all natural and has no known side effects from use.We are using xylitol with good results, I have mixed it into the sugarbowl for the rest of the house half and half with the white sugar andno one has noticed. In a couple of weeks I might just forget thesugar part!Val>> yes we use it in drinks, in making jelly, cookies and muffins thatare sweetened ect> Recovering from Autism is a marathon > NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible! > Read more about it

on my Blogs at> http://www.myspace.com/christelking> Stevia> > > Do any of you use stevia to sweeten, I know it is SCD illegal, but I > love the stuff and miss it, my kids used to drink so much more when I > made them homemaid lemonade with it. Do any of you think is dangerous > or have you seen articles on it good or bad? > > Any input is appreciated.> > REnee> > > > > > >----------------------------------------------------------> > > No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG Free

Edition. > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.5/1191 - Release Date:12/20/2007 2:14 PM>

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any experience with stevia as a sweetner? I am having

trouble getting my son to drink his rice milk (he can't have the almond

milk - he has a tree nut allergy) - and thought I would try adding some

stevia (with strawberry flavor) to it.

I use it for my daughter. She has had no bad reaction to it. It beats sugar, xytiol (contains corn) agave has to much sugar in it. Just so she can have something once in awhile. Not on a daily bases. God bless you and be with you.

-------------- Original message --------------

Does anyone have any experience with stevia as a sweetner? I am having trouble getting my son to drink his rice milk (he can't have the almond milk - he has a tree nut allergy) - and thought I would try adding some stevia (with strawberry flavor) to it.

I hate stevia but only because it tastes *exactly* like artificial sweetener to me (like nutrasweet and equal).  My son refuses it, too.   I use xylitol.  My son does not have a corn sensitivity but you can get xylitol from birch bark, not corn, if you need to do so.  Jarrow makes xylitol from birch, I believe.  Xylosweet, I'm pretty sure, is from corn.CherylI use it for my daughter.  She has had no bad reaction to it. It beats sugar, xytiol (contains corn) agave has to much sugar in it.  Just so she can have something once in awhile.  Not on a daily bases. God bless you and be with you. -------------- Original message -------------- From: "Meera Atkins" <mckataria> Does anyone have any experience with stevia as a sweetner? I am having trouble getting my son to drink his rice milk (he can't have the almond milk - he has a tree nut allergy) - and thought I would try adding some stevia (with strawberry flavor) to it. 

We use stevia for everything. Depending on what you use it for it make take some getting used to. It doesn't bother me, but my husband says it has an aftertaste. Kids have no problems with it.Meera Atkins wrote: Does anyone have any experience with stevia as a sweetner? I am having trouble getting my son to drink his rice milk (he can't have the almond milk - he has a tree nut allergy) - and thought I would try adding some stevia (with strawberry flavor) to it.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

I use it and love it. The liquid taste

better than the powder to me.

Pamela

" Courage is doing

what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared. "

Eddie Rickenbacker,

top US

fighter ace, WWI

From: mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ] On Behalf Of Meera Atkins

Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2008

5:16 PM

To: mb12 valtrex

Subject: stevia

Does anyone have any experience with stevia as a

sweetner? I am having

trouble getting my son to drink his rice milk (he can't have the almond

milk - he has a tree nut allergy) - and thought I would try adding some

stevia (with strawberry flavor) to it.

In the new parents magazine, it states that stevia is harmful, has

anyone else heard this before?

>

> I use it and love it. The liquid taste better than the powder to

me.

>

>

>

> Pamela

>

> " Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no

courage unless

> you're scared. "

>

> Eddie Rickenbacker, top US fighter ace, WWI

>

>

>

> _____

>

> From: mb12 valtrex

[mailto:mb12 valtrex ] On

> Behalf Of Meera Atkins

> Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2008 5:16 PM

> To: mb12 valtrex

> Subject: stevia

>

>

>

> Does anyone have any experience with stevia as a sweetner? I am

having

> trouble getting my son to drink his rice milk (he can't have the

almond

> milk - he has a tree nut allergy) - and thought I would try adding

some

> stevia (with strawberry flavor) to it.

>

Honey is good and also agave nectar for sweetening. We had to do away with the rice milk because of too many starches. Can't imagine not having nuts with all the issues.There are bean milks, seed milks and also potato milks but also too many starches in the potato. Another idea is I got my son to drink tea but some have soy in it. I do a decaf chai tea from celestial seasonings that is gluten free. Also I would do honey and lemon with water he loves it. I now have him drinking water with a tiny bit of cranberry juice in it. I dont mean watered down I mean almost all water you can barely taste it. His taste buds are strong.