RemedySpot.com

Verbal stimming - bad sign or good sign?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear All,

(going to 5 years now) is having lots of verbal stimming lately, dont know if this is called verbal stimming. But he bubble a lot (with some gestures, he love to watch himself in front of mirror while doing it), mostly copy the talks in the movie, seems like he is trying to immitate their talk. Even when he wake up in the middle of the nite, he talk for 1 hour and I pushed him back to sleep. He sometimes sound like he is singing, but since his verbal is not really good, I cant identify wht song does he sing if he is really singing. He loves barney, elmo, and lately winnie the pooh. He did this bubbling all day long, sometimes I catch the words of "where did it go... are you sure (like babybop)". He is on antifungal rotation (from brainchild) - 3rd round, still have stomachache, little bit of bloating, and doing well behaviourwise, good eye contact. well he did have some emotional outburst last week and I expect tht due to I increase his OLE dosage (he did behave like that the same when I first give him OLE, but that bad things with tantrum, emotional outburst, mood swing only last about 1-2 weeks).

The question is, whether this verbal stimming is a GOOD sign or BAD one?

I'm desperately trying to get him over his echolalia stage which I dont know until when and how to do it. He has been in sound immitation / echolalia since last May 2007. Seems like I need to use ABA instead of floortime to push him for the concept of communication..

I also gave him Acetyl L carnitine last week, may be this boost the verbal stimming?

Any ideas will be appreciated..

Thanks.

Yuliana