RemedySpot.com

Re: use of methylmate (without folinic)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

While I do think that it's always best to try natural methods first, I think it's also important to remember that not all kids are responders to natural methods.  Since it doesn't have folinic in it, I would suggest getting some folinic with which to supplement and try that.  Also, if that doesn't work, maybe you need to switch to hydroxy b12.  Just some thoughts.CherylHas anyone talked with Stan re the use of this versus prescribed B12 with folinic added nasal spray?? I am now using the methylmate but because it does not contain folinic I wonder if it is not working at full capacity. This weekend I added Adderall to my son's regime and he has done great BUT...if I could use B12 more effectively I'd rather just stay on that. Any suggestions from anyone?? My son is almost 8 years. Pretty much recovered but still very active. Dad has ADHD and loves the B12 but I have never seen it help my son, hence my trying the Adderall now.

I'm not familiar with hydroxy B12. Only methyl (crossing the BBB)

and cyano which is not beneficial for our kids. Can you fill me in

and where do I get it??

>

> > Has anyone talked with Stan re the use of this versus prescribed

B12

> > with folinic added nasal spray?? I am now using the methylmate but

> > because it does not contain folinic I wonder if it is not working

at

> > full capacity. This weekend I added Adderall to my son's regime

and he

> > has done great BUT...if I could use B12 more effectively I'd

rather

> > just stay on that. Any suggestions from anyone??

> >

> > My son is almost 8 years. Pretty much recovered but still very

> > active. Dad has ADHD and loves the B12 but I have never seen it

help

> > my son, hence my trying the Adderall now.

> >

> >

> >

>

Some kids can't tolerate/don't respond to mb12 and do very well with hydroxy.  You can get it from yasko's site www.holisticheal.comCherylOn Jan 13, 2008, at 7:18 PM, patricksoldmom wrote:I'm not familiar with hydroxy B12. Only methyl (crossing the BBB) and cyano which is not beneficial for our kids. Can you fill me in and where do I get it??> > > Has anyone talked with Stan re the use of this versus prescribed B12> > with folinic added nasal spray?? I am now using the methylmate but> > because it does not contain folinic I wonder if it is not working at> > full capacity. This weekend I added Adderall to my son's regime and he> > has done great BUT...if I could use B12 more effectively I'd rather> > just stay on that. Any suggestions from anyone??> >> > My son is almost 8 years. Pretty much recovered but still very> > active. Dad has ADHD and loves the B12 but I have never seen it help> > my son, hence my trying the Adderall now.> >> >> >>

Sorry, I meant to say that you can get it from yasko's site.  You can also get a lot of info from yasko's other site, www.holistichealth.comCherylOn Jan 13, 2008, at 7:18 PM, patricksoldmom wrote:I'm not familiar with hydroxy B12. Only methyl (crossing the BBB) and cyano which is not beneficial for our kids. Can you fill me in and where do I get it??> > > Has anyone talked with Stan re the use of this versus prescribed B12> > with folinic added nasal spray?? I am now using the methylmate but> > because it does not contain folinic I wonder if it is not working at> > full capacity. This weekend I added Adderall to my son's regime and he> > has done great BUT...if I could use B12 more effectively I'd rather> > just stay on that. Any suggestions from anyone??> >> > My son is almost 8 years. Pretty much recovered but still very> > active. Dad has ADHD and loves the B12 but I have never seen it help> > my son, hence my trying the Adderall now.> >> >> >>

Dr Yasko uses high doses of hydroxy B12 for an overmethylator COMT++

(based on her genetic test). She actually uses all forms of B12,

adenosyl, cyano, hydroxy and methyl (no methyl for COMT++). Too

many methyl groups can cause problems for some kids.

> >

> > > Has anyone talked with Stan re the use of this versus

prescribed

> B12

> > > with folinic added nasal spray?? I am now using the methylmate

but

> > > because it does not contain folinic I wonder if it is not

working

> at

> > > full capacity. This weekend I added Adderall to my son's

regime

> and he

> > > has done great BUT...if I could use B12 more effectively I'd

> rather

> > > just stay on that. Any suggestions from anyone??

> > >

> > > My son is almost 8 years. Pretty much recovered but still very

> > > active. Dad has ADHD and loves the B12 but I have never seen

it

> help

> > > my son, hence my trying the Adderall now.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>