RemedySpot.com

Dr Kolb or anyone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I know someone who is having her implants removed, she is not sick but just wants them out, her PS is removing them via the trans axillary approach and has told her that she doesn't need her capsules removed. I am wondering if you have ever removed implants via that incision and what your feelings are about that and about leaving in the capsule.

I am very concerned about this and would like to know if implants can be removed via armpit and also if there would be any reason to leave the capsule.

Thanks

Guest guest

I tried the transaxillary approach once but was unable to remove the capsule. Leaving the capsule does increase the risk of postoperative complications according to one study. I would advise removal of the capsules. .

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 7:32 PM

Subject: Dr Kolb or anyone

I know someone who is having her implants removed, she is not sick but just wants them out, her PS is removing them via the trans axillary approach and has told her that she doesn't need her capsules removed. I am wondering if you have ever removed implants via that incision and what your feelings are about that and about leaving in the capsule.

I am very concerned about this and would like to know if implants can be removed via armpit and also if there would be any reason to leave the capsule.

Thanks

Guest guest

Thank you for this info I appreciate it allot

Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 8:35 PM

Subject: Re: Dr Kolb or anyone

I tried the transaxillary approach once but was unable to remove the capsule. Leaving the capsule does increase the risk of postoperative complications according to one study. I would advise removal of the capsules. .

Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 7:32 PM

Subject: Dr Kolb or anyone

Thanks