My son's pediatric dentist is suggesting that we sedate him for the

next visit so that we can get x-rays and a thorough exam. He's 4 and

never had either - we were excited at his last visit that he actually

climbed in the chair and opened his mouth! But the second they put

something in his mouth, he freaked out. Has anyone used sedation and if

so, what form is safe for our kids?? There's no visible sign of decay

and we brush a couple times a day with non-flouride toddler paste. Do

we even need to do this yet??

Your son's teeth are not yet permanent--in a few years new permanent ones will merge to replace what you see today. Since he has no plague or cavity, the x-ray is an extra money for the dentist. Of course, he's got to do it to every patient to make dough. Keep looking for a dental clinic (or holistic dentistry) that will agree for dental cleaning only. Again, no radiation, sedation...Pamela Leigh wrote: I wouldn’t. Unless you see a problem in his mouth or he is having pain. Four is very young. I would continue what you are doing. Some kids need a little Valium or Ativan for such things, but again, four years old is pretty young. Pamela "Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared." Eddie Rickenbacker, top US fighter ace, WWI From: mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ] On Behalf Of Vicky LongSent: Monday, January 14, 2008 12:12

PMTo: mb12 valtrex Subject: Dental Sedation My son's pediatric dentist is suggesting that we sedate him for the next visit so that we can get x-rays and a thorough exam. He's 4 and never had either - we were excited at his last visit that he actually climbed in the chair and opened his mouth! But the second they put something in his mouth, he freaked out. Has anyone used sedation and if so, what form is safe for our kids?? There's no visible sign of decay and we brush a couple times a day with non-flouride toddler paste. Do we even

need to do this yet??

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.