RemedySpot.com

RE: Isn't there still low levels of mercury in shots that the Drs say are merc free

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Here is a link to a good article that sheds some light on your question.

http://www.ageofautism.com/2008/01/mercury-free-or.html

-----Original Message-----From: mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ]On Behalf Of watson.sonjaSent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 10:34 AMTo: mb12 valtrex Subject: Isn't there still low levels of mercury in shots that the Drs say are merc free

I thought that alll shots still had a percent of merc ( some higher than others) especially the flu shot. But what about the Pediatricians saying that the shots are all mercury free. Is that true or is it just a lower level? Educate me ;)I know there are many other toxins besides the mercury but I wanted a clarification on the mercury.Any links or response is appreciated!

Well, it's a regulations issue.  They say that all "childhood" vaccines are mercury free although I think they are allowed a certain percentage that they don't have to report much like food labels.  Anything under x amount and they can call it "free" of whatever.  Flu shots are not under the classification of "childhood vaccines" so they are not mercury free.  My understanding is that he only flu vax that is (at least on the ingredients label) mercury free is FluMist, the nasal spray.CherylI thought that alll shots still had a percent of merc ( some higher than others) especially the flu shot. But what about the Pediatricians saying that the shots are all mercury free. Is that true or is it just a lower level? Educate me ;)I know there are many other toxins besides the mercury but I wanted a clarification on the mercury.Any links or response is appreciated!

Just to add to Cheryl's comments, I believe the mist contains the live virus and they tell you that you are contagious for so many hours afterward. I read this somewhere but I cannot recall where

-----Original Message-----From: mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ]On Behalf Of Cheryl LowranceSent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 10:51 AMTo: mb12 valtrex Subject: Re: Isn't there still low levels of mercury in shots that the Drs say are merc free

Well, it's a regulations issue. They say that all "childhood" vaccines are mercury free although I think they are allowed a certain percentage that they don't have to report much like food labels. Anything under x amount and they can call it "free" of whatever. Flu shots are not under the classification of "childhood vaccines" so they are not mercury free. My understanding is that he only flu vax that is (at least on the ingredients label) mercury free is FluMist, the nasal spray.

Cheryl

I thought that alll shots still had a percent of merc ( some higher than others) especially the flu shot. But what about the Pediatricians saying that the shots are all mercury free. Is that true or is it just a lower level? Educate me ;)I know there are many other toxins besides the mercury but I wanted a clarification on the mercury.Any links or response is appreciated!

go to www.safeminds.org and on the first page, Click on: Help Spread

the Word About The Flu Vaccine. The brochure listing the 2006-2007 flu

vaccines are in there.

Listed are:

Fluarix GlaxoKline (no mercury)

FluLaval GlaxoKline (contains 25 mcg of mercury)

FluMist MedImmune (no mercury)

Fluvirin Chiron (contains 25 mcg of mercury)

Fluzone Sanofi Pasteur (request mercury-free version)

Fluzone 5 mL vial (contains 25 mcg of mercury)

Fluzone prefilled syringe (no mercury)

Regarding the FluMist Nasal spray - I don't think I would want to spray

a virus so close to the brain.

INFLUVAX is the mercury free one used here in BC when asked for.

Jen in BC

>

> I thought that alll shots still had a percent of merc ( some higher

> than others) especially the flu shot. But what about the

> Pediatricians saying that the shots are all mercury free. Is that

> true or is it just a lower level? Educate me ;)

>

> I know there are many other toxins besides the mercury but I wanted a

> clarification on the mercury.

>

> Any links or response is appreciated!

>