RemedySpot.com

ALCOHOL reduces symptoms in Autism.--& --- INSIGHT on CRAVINGS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi from Sue,

I was just thinking about posting.... my "hunch" about why Alcohol sometimes helps individuals with autism

.... as noted in the post below....as It seemed logical that the FERMENTATION

in some ALCOHOL drinks...may be the KEY????

(As we know how important fermented foods are for digestion...as per www.BodyEcology.com protocol for Autism..and other neuro conditions

and general health).

Then I read Donna Gates newsletter today --just now...

and BINGO... it seems to confirm my theory...???

(SO...now I'm going to increase my fermented/

probiotics/ Good bacteria/ foods now BEFORE I head for the chocolate!!!)

Hope that helps,

Sue

----Coincidentally..I just received my 2nd shipment for

Cocobiotic and DongQuai from Body Ecology yesterday.!

See below for DONNA GATES news....

If You Have Certain Food Cravings, It May Be Due to the Bacteria In Your Gut

by BodyEcology.com

Chocolate may seem pretty hard to avoid this time of year, but some people crave it every day! New research shows that it might not be lack of willpower that makes you give in to the cravings... your body's bacteria may be to blame!

Chocolate, sweets, carbohydrates, caffeine.

Many people actually crave these things, sometimes on a daily basis.

Call it lack of willpower, bad habits or addiction, but the fact remains that some people find the urge to consume these treats too difficult to resist.

Now a new study points to a biological basis for chocolate cravings that has major implications for your health and your weight.

Cravings and Bacteria

A team in Switzerland studied two groups of men, those who crave chocolate daily and those who consider themselves indifferent to it. They found that "people who crave daily chocolate show signs of having different colonies of bacteria than people who are immune to chocolate's allure."1

Researchers are not sure if chocolate consumption alters the bacteria content of the intestines or if the bacteria changes, thus triggering the cravings.

Either way, the bacteria/cravings connection is an important one.

Other research shows that bacteria content of the intestines is different depending on body weight. Normal weight people have one kind of dominant bacteria while obese people's intestines are populated by a different strain.2

For more, read: How the Bacteria in Your Gut Causes Overweight ( & How to Get Your Balance Right)

Again, researchers are not sure what happens first: weight gain or a change in intestinal flora.

Regardless, the findings illustrate that cultivating a healthy colony of beneficial bacteria is a key part of maintaining a healthy weight and feeling free from cravings.

Grow Your Beneficial Bacteria to Banish Sugar Cravings

A healthy inner ecosystem is made up of the friendly microflora (good bacteria and yeast) that aid your digestion and help you get the nutrients you need to stay healthy. Unfortunately, most Americans today have an imbalanced inner ecosystem, which can lead to food cravings and obesity.

By re-establishing a healthy inner ecosystem, you can free yourself from chocolate and sugar cravings as well as maintain a healthy weight.

The easiest ways to encourage the growth of good bacteria is to add fermented foods and drinks to your diet.

Body Ecology's fermented foods and liquids are carefully cultured with strains of beneficial bacteria and yeast to populate your gut and enhance your health. If you aren't familiar with them - including Dong Quai, Coco-Biotic and InnergyBiotic - be sure to check out these top-rated fermented foods now.

Long a tradition of ancient cultures, fermented foods and drinks are becoming more popular in the health-conscious Western world.

Fermented foods and drinks include:

Convenient and healthy probiotic liquids including Dong Quai, InnergyBiotic and Cocobiotic

Cultured vegetables

Young Coconut Kefir

Cultured raw butter

Milk kefir

Kimchi

Probiotic superfoods like InnergyBiotic, kimchi and Young Coconut Kefir inoculate, colonize and feed the growth of good microflora in your body. Yes, they are a must for boosting your immunity, but they are also essential for stopping those cravings for the sugars that sabotage your ability to lose weight and stay young and healthy.

Keep in mind, though, that a desire for the sweet taste is quite natural. Finding pleasure and a sense of satisfaction in the sweet taste and constant cravings for sugars and alcohol, however, are definitely not the same.

We humans were created to actually enjoy that sweet taste but do so with foods that don't harm us or age us quickly. Learn more about why we crave sweet things and what to do about it by reading: Don't Feel Guilty for Sweet Cravings! Some Essentials You Need to Know About Sugar in Your Diet.

InnergyBiotic is the a conveninend and IDEAL way to encourage the growth of beneficial bacteria in your intestines. Packed with probiotics and protein, this probiotic liquid heals your gut and creates lasting energy. Learn More and Try InnergyBiotic and Feel the Results for yourself!

Easy Probiotics

With the stress of everyday life it is oftentimes difficult to take care of your health AND everything else. We know that you are serious about supporting your healthy inner ecosystem with fermented foods and drinks but may lack the time or equipment to prepare them right now.

That's why we created InnergyBiotic, the newest probiotic liquid from Body Ecology.

Specially formulated for those who are on the go, InnergyBiotic is ideal for traveling, holidays, and any time when you need an extra boost of probiotics and protein.

InnergyBiotic is the next generation of authentic energy nutrition and can be your ideal sports recovery drink, morning caffeine replacement or mid-afternoon boost.

This gluten-free energy drink helps heal your gut, creates lasting energy, and improves your digestion, helping you build more of the beneficial bacteria you need to stay healthy and free from cravings.

So it's not about willpower. It's actually about what you are feeding your body and whether you are consuming foods and drinks that create or upset your balance in body, mind and spirit.

Make this year your best year yet with The Body Ecology diet and a balanced inner ecosystem!

Sources:

Borenstein, Seth, "Scientists Explain Chocolate Cravings," WashingtonPost.com, 12 Oct 2007. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/12/AR2007101200019.html

2 How the Bacteria in Your Gut Affect Your Body Weight - And How to Get the Balance Righthttp://www.bodyecology.com/07/01/04/bacteria_affect_weight_balance.php

Return to Newsletter Archive

Recommend This Page to a Friend

Print this article

Copyright © 2008 Donna Gates; all rights reserved |

online store |

contact us |

Privacy Statement |

news |

SitemapAlcohol reducing symptoms of autism in some individuals

Posted by: "" rmhwfb@... forgivenflutist

Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:38 am (PST)

Well working in the mental health field, I've seen many people abuse substances as self- medication. Thanks for shedding a new angle on this for me! Exchanging one toxin for another- fascinating.>> This is an excerpt from a WHO paper on mercury, from the 1980s.> Radhe> > > The oxidation of elemental mercury vapour in the body> (section 6.1.1) can be reduced considerably (to about 50%> of normal values) by moderate amounts of alcohol. In an> in vivo study, the uptake of labelled mercury into human> red cells was reduced by almost a factor of ten by etha-> nol, while there was an increase in liver mercury concen-> trations (Hursh et al., 1980). Observations on rats, mice,> and monkeys confirm these results (Khayat & Dencker,> 1983a,b, 1984). They also show a marked decrease in mer-> cury concentrations in several organs, including the> brain. However, somewhat higher concentrations of mercury> were observed in the brain and liver of pregnant mice with> a congenital catalase deficiency that were exposed for 1 h> to metallic mercury vapour during day 18 of gestation> (Ogata & Meguro, 1986). The blood mercury concentration> in the catalase-deficient mice was only about half of that> in the control mice. The uptake in the fetus was 2% of the> dose compared to 1.2% for the controls.> > Lower mercury levels have been observed in the brain> tissue of humans classified as chronic alcohol abusers> than in controls (Fig. 3).>

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (4)

Why do fermented products seem to help gut

issues? Where can I find a list of fermented

products, in the hopes of finding some my picky

three year old might eat. Somehow, I just can't

see him scarfing up kimchee.

Kim

--- jsthorpe wrote:

> Hi from Sue,

>

> I was just thinking about posting....

> my " hunch " about why Alcohol

> sometimes helps individuals with autism

> ... as noted in the post below....as

> It seemed logical that the FERMENTATION

> in some ALCOHOL drinks...may be the KEY????

>

> (As we know how important fermented foods

> are for digestion...as per www.BodyEcology.com

> protocol for Autism..and other neuro conditions

> and general health).

>

> Then I read Donna Gates newsletter today --just

> now...

> and BINGO... it seems to confirm my

> theory...???

>

> (SO...now I'm going to increase my fermented/

> probiotics/ Good bacteria/ foods now

> BEFORE I head for the chocolate!!!)

> Hope that helps,

> Sue

> ----Coincidentally..I just received my 2nd

> shipment for

> Cocobiotic and DongQuai from Body Ecology

> yesterday.!

>

> See below for DONNA GATES news....

>

> If You Have Certain Food Cravings, It May Be

> Due to the Bacteria In Your Gut

> by BodyEcology.com

>

> Chocolate may seem pretty hard to avoid

> this time of year, but some people crave it

> every day! New research shows that it might not

> be lack of willpower that makes you give in to

> the cravings... your body's bacteria may be to

> blame!

>

> Chocolate, sweets, carbohydrates, caffeine.

>

> Many people actually crave these things,

> sometimes on a daily basis.

>

> Call it lack of willpower, bad habits or

> addiction, but the fact remains that some

> people find the urge to consume these treats

> too difficult to resist.

>

> Now a new study points to a biological basis

> for chocolate cravings that has major

> implications for your health and your weight.

>

>

> Cravings and Bacteria

>

> A team in Switzerland studied two groups of

> men, those who crave chocolate daily and those

> who consider themselves indifferent to it. They

> found that " people who crave daily chocolate

> show signs of having different colonies of

> bacteria than people who are immune to

> chocolate's allure. " 1

>

> Researchers are not sure if chocolate

> consumption alters the bacteria content of the

> intestines or if the bacteria changes, thus

> triggering the cravings.

>

> Either way, the bacteria/cravings connection is

> an important one.

>

> Other research shows that bacteria content of

> the intestines is different depending on body

> weight. Normal weight people have one kind of

> dominant bacteria while obese people's

> intestines are populated by a different

> strain.2

>

> For more, read: How the Bacteria in Your Gut

> Causes Overweight ( & How to Get Your Balance

> Right)

>

> Again, researchers are not sure what happens

> first: weight gain or a change in intestinal

> flora.

>

> Regardless, the findings illustrate that

> cultivating a healthy colony of beneficial

> bacteria is a key part of maintaining a healthy

> weight and feeling free from cravings.

>

>

> Grow Your Beneficial Bacteria to Banish Sugar

> Cravings

>

> A healthy inner ecosystem is made up of the

> friendly microflora (good bacteria and yeast)

> that aid your digestion and help you get the

> nutrients you need to stay healthy.

> Unfortunately, most Americans today have an

> imbalanced inner ecosystem, which can lead to

> food cravings and obesity.

>

> By re-establishing a healthy inner ecosystem,

> you can free yourself from chocolate and sugar

> cravings as well as maintain a healthy weight.

>

> The easiest ways to encourage the growth of

> good bacteria is to add fermented foods and

> drinks to your diet.

>

> Body Ecology's fermented foods and liquids are

> carefully cultured with strains of beneficial

> bacteria and yeast to populate your gut and

> enhance your health. If you aren't familiar

> with them - including Dong Quai, Coco-Biotic

> and InnergyBiotic - be sure to check out these

> top-rated fermented foods now.

>

> Long a tradition of ancient cultures, fermented

> foods and drinks are becoming more popular in

> the health-conscious Western world.

>

> Fermented foods and drinks include:

>

> a.. Convenient and healthy probiotic liquids

> including Dong Quai, InnergyBiotic and

> Cocobiotic

>

> b.. Cultured vegetables

>

> c.. Young Coconut Kefir

>

> d.. Cultured raw butter

>

> e.. Milk kefir

>

> f.. Kimchi

> Probiotic superfoods like InnergyBiotic, kimchi

> and Young Coconut Kefir inoculate, colonize and

> feed the growth of good microflora in your

> body. Yes, they are a must for boosting your

> immunity, but they are also essential for

> stopping those cravings for the sugars that

> sabotage your ability to lose weight and stay

> young and healthy.

>

> Keep in mind, though, that a desire for the

> sweet taste is quite natural. Finding pleasure

> and a sense of satisfaction in the sweet taste

> and constant cravings for sugars and alcohol,

> however, are definitely not the same.

>

> We humans were created to actually enjoy that

> sweet taste but do so with foods that don't

> harm us or age us quickly. Learn more about why

> we crave sweet things and what to do about it

> by reading: Don't Feel Guilty for Sweet

> Cravings! Some Essentials You Need to Know

> About Sugar in Your Diet.

>

>

>

>

>

> InnergyBiotic is the a conveninend and

> IDEAL way to encourage the growth of beneficial

> bacteria in your intestines. Packed with

> probiotics and protein, this probiotic liquid

> heals your gut and creates lasting energy.

> Learn More and Try InnergyBiotic and Feel the

> Results for yourself!

>

> Easy Probiotics

>

>

> With the stress of everyday life it is

> oftentimes difficult to take care of your

> health AND everything else. We know that you

> are serious about supporting your healthy inner

> ecosystem with fermented foods and drinks but

> may lack the time or equipment to prepare them

> right now.

>

> That's why we created InnergyBiotic, the newest

> probiotic liquid from Body Ecology.

>

> Specially formulated for those who are on the

> go, InnergyBiotic is ideal for traveling,

> holidays, and any time when you need an extra

> boost of probiotics and protein.

>

> InnergyBiotic is the next generation of

> authentic energy nutrition and can be your

> ideal sports recovery drink, morning caffeine

> replacement or mid-afternoon boost.

>

>

=== message truncated ===

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Body Ecology website sells a line of fermented products - ready-made beverages & kefir and culture starters - on their website. Some health food stores also carry cultured veggies and milk kefir, although the ready-made milk kefirs tend to have sugar and definitely casein.

Dana

-----Original Message-----From: mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ]On Behalf Of KimSent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:07 PMTo: mb12 valtrex Subject: Re: ALCOHOL reduces symptoms in Autism.-- & > Hi from Sue,> > I was just thinking about posting.... > my "hunch" about why Alcohol > sometimes helps individuals with autism> ... as noted in the post below....as > It seemed logical that the FERMENTATION> in some ALCOHOL drinks...may be the KEY????> > (As we know how important fermented foods > are for digestion...as per www.BodyEcology.com > protocol for Autism..and other neuro conditions> and general health).> > Then I read Donna Gates newsletter today --just> now...> and BINGO... it seems to confirm my> theory...???> > (SO...now I'm going to increase my fermented/> probiotics/ Good bacteria/ foods now > BEFORE I head for the chocolate!!!)> Hope that helps,> Sue> ----Coincidentally..I just received my 2nd> shipment for > Cocobiotic and DongQuai from Body Ecology > yesterday.!> > See below for DONNA GATES news....> > If You Have Certain Food Cravings, It May Be> Due to the Bacteria In Your Gut > by BodyEcology.com > > Chocolate may seem pretty hard to avoid> this time of year, but some people crave it> every day! New research shows that it might not> be lack of willpower that makes you give in to> the cravings... your body's bacteria may be to> blame!> > Chocolate, sweets, carbohydrates, caffeine.> > Many people actually crave these things,> sometimes on a daily basis. > > Call it lack of willpower, bad habits or> addiction, but the fact remains that some> people find the urge to consume these treats> too difficult to resist.> > Now a new study points to a biological basis> for chocolate cravings that has major> implications for your health and your weight.> > > Cravings and Bacteria> > A team in Switzerland studied two groups of> men, those who crave chocolate daily and those> who consider themselves indifferent to it. They> found that "people who crave daily chocolate> show signs of having different colonies of> bacteria than people who are immune to> chocolate's allure."1 > > Researchers are not sure if chocolate> consumption alters the bacteria content of the> intestines or if the bacteria changes, thus> triggering the cravings.> > Either way, the bacteria/cravings connection is> an important one.> > Other research shows that bacteria content of> the intestines is different depending on body> weight. Normal weight people have one kind of> dominant bacteria while obese people's> intestines are populated by a different> strain.2 > > For more, read: How the Bacteria in Your Gut> Causes Overweight ( & How to Get Your Balance> Right)> > Again, researchers are not sure what happens> first: weight gain or a change in intestinal> flora. > > Regardless, the findings illustrate that> cultivating a healthy colony of beneficial> bacteria is a key part of maintaining a healthy> weight and feeling free from cravings.> > > Grow Your Beneficial Bacteria to Banish Sugar> Cravings> > A healthy inner ecosystem is made up of the> friendly microflora (good bacteria and yeast)> that aid your digestion and help you get the> nutrients you need to stay healthy.> Unfortunately, most Americans today have an> imbalanced inner ecosystem, which can lead to> food cravings and obesity. > > By re-establishing a healthy inner ecosystem,> you can free yourself from chocolate and sugar> cravings as well as maintain a healthy weight. > > The easiest ways to encourage the growth of> good bacteria is to add fermented foods and> drinks to your diet.> > Body Ecology's fermented foods and liquids are> carefully cultured with strains of beneficial> bacteria and yeast to populate your gut and> enhance your health. If you aren't familiar> with them - including Dong Quai, Coco-Biotic> and InnergyBiotic - be sure to check out these> top-rated fermented foods now. > > Long a tradition of ancient cultures, fermented> foods and drinks are becoming more popular in> the health-conscious Western world. > > Fermented foods and drinks include:> > a.. Convenient and healthy probiotic liquids> including Dong Quai, InnergyBiotic and> Cocobiotic > > b.. Cultured vegetables> > c.. Young Coconut Kefir> > d.. Cultured raw butter > > e.. Milk kefir> > f.. Kimchi > Probiotic superfoods like InnergyBiotic, kimchi> and Young Coconut Kefir inoculate, colonize and> feed the growth of good microflora in your> body. Yes, they are a must for boosting your> immunity, but they are also essential for> stopping those cravings for the sugars that> sabotage your ability to lose weight and stay> young and healthy. > > Keep in mind, though, that a desire for the> sweet taste is quite natural. Finding pleasure> and a sense of satisfaction in the sweet taste> and constant cravings for sugars and alcohol,> however, are definitely not the same. > > We humans were created to actually enjoy that> sweet taste but do so with foods that don't> harm us or age us quickly. Learn more about why> we crave sweet things and what to do about it> by reading: Don't Feel Guilty for Sweet> Cravings! Some Essentials You Need to Know> About Sugar in Your Diet.> > > > > > InnergyBiotic is the a conveninend and> IDEAL way to encourage the growth of beneficial> bacteria in your intestines. Packed with> probiotics and protein, this probiotic liquid> heals your gut and creates lasting energy.> Learn More and Try InnergyBiotic and Feel the> Results for yourself!> > Easy Probiotics> > > With the stress of everyday life it is> oftentimes difficult to take care of your> health AND everything else. We know that you> are serious about supporting your healthy inner> ecosystem with fermented foods and drinks but> may lack the time or equipment to prepare them> right now. > > That's why we created InnergyBiotic, the newest> probiotic liquid from Body Ecology.> > Specially formulated for those who are on the> go, InnergyBiotic is ideal for traveling,> holidays, and any time when you need an extra> boost of probiotics and protein. > > InnergyBiotic is the next generation of> authentic energy nutrition and can be your> ideal sports recovery drink, morning caffeine> replacement or mid-afternoon boost.> > === message truncated ===__________________________________________________________Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs