RemedySpot.com

RE: Need Help with SCD diet

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Rhonda,

Go to pecanbread.com. There is lots of info including recipes and a message board you can join. The listmates are very helpful and can answer most of your questions. We used to be SCD. Here are my tips. Don't be married to a particular type of food just because of the time of day. For instance, my son eats boiled chicken w/sea salt almost everyday for breakfast. He loves it. No, it's not your typical breakfast food but who cares as long as it's legal for the diet you are on and healthy. You could also make smoothies out of fruit and coconut milk. Protein and oils are two ways to boost calorie consumption and provide that feeling of being full. Coconut oil, olive oil (not heated) are two good ones. Some snack ideas: celery or carrot sticks, fruit, fruit smoothies, SCD legal fruit leather, etc. Honey is legal but beware of using it early in the diet because it can feed yeast in a compromised gut. We learned the hard way that my boys can't tolerate it at all so we stay away from it.

Best of luck.

Dana

-----Original Message-----From: mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ]On Behalf Of Rhonda RaidenSent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 12:40 PMTo: mb12 valtrex Subject: Need Help with SCD diet

Can anyone share some food suggestions for scd breakfasts (without eggs and nuts)? My son is extremely sensitive and breakfast seems to be the most difficult. The other meals are just meats and veggies (of course, eliminating potatoes (his favorite) is hard. The scd cookbook recipes are loaded with nuts and eggs. Also, any tips on how to boost caloric intake on this diet? Any snack ideas? Does this diet require more than three meals a day ?

Is honey allowed since it feeds yeast?

Thanks so much.

Rhonda

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.