Guest guest

I think probiotics work everywhere. In the stomach they can crowd out

the bacterium that causes ulcers. In the small intestine they can

improve food absorption by producing lactase. People have even used

yogurt topically to get rid of acne.

Purple

• 1 month later...

it contains casien

Recovering from Autism is a marathon NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible! Read more about it on my Blogs athttp://www.myspace.com/christelking

probiotics

Hi there,

Can you guys recommend a good probiotic for my daughter to take our DAN said culturall ,I was wondering if anybody liked it in particullar.

she has no good bacteria in her gut according to the stool test.

thanks

marjan

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.16/1251 - Release Date: 1/30/2008 9:29 AM

Yes, and it made my son crazy because of the casein. We've been using Super Bio 75 from Kirkman per our doctors orders. Stacie

probiotics

Hi there,

Can you guys recommend a good probiotic for my daughter to take our DAN said culturall ,I was wondering if anybody liked it in particullar.

she has no good bacteria in her gut according to the stool test.

thanks

marjan

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.16/1251 - Release Date: 1/30/2008 9:29 AM

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

It is a lot but some kids need a lot.  My asd son doesn't need nearly as much (or as often - I probably only give it to him now a couple times a week) but my NT son needs a ton so we use one for him that has 50 billion per cap.  FOS is debatable.  Some people think it's a no-no, some don't.  Some think you need it, some don't.  So you have to use your own judgement on that.CherylOur Dr. is telling us we should use the adult scoop of Custom Probiotics but that sure sounds like alot. - Theresa> >> > Recommended probiotics are Culturelle, Kirkman's probio gold, VSL > #3, ThreeLac. Most are capsules, ThreeLac is a powder (people like > this one but my son can't stand the strong lemony taste of it). I > open capsules and lose them right into applesauce or suck them up > into medicine dropper. He doesn't know when they are in the food. > Probiotics help to colonize the gut with the good guys, thus helping > to heal the gut. They are needed. I know all the choices are > overwhelming as is everything else. I'm sure everyone on this board > will give you a different suggestion as to which one is best. Try > not to feel lost, just pick one and get started! I myself and giving > my child Culturelle, I'll probably be adding VSL #3 in very soon as > this one seems to have one of the highest amounts of probiotics in it.> > > > > > > > > > Probiotics> > > > > > > > I've posted in the past about my son's constipation and bms, but > now I'm thinking that it's a probiotic that I'm missing. Could this > be? My DAN has never recommended one.....but we use enzymes. I know > that I've gotten information on probiotics, but am unsure of which > ones to use for my son. We've only had blood tests that show > moderate mercury toxcisity, but no other testing (except labs from > ped. which showed nothing). How do I figure this out? Would it be > bad to give him yogurt? I have some acidopholis but it has FOS. > I've heard that's bad.....is that correct? I'm feeling a little lost.> > > > Thanks> > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------------------------------> ----------> > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with > Yahoo! Search.> >>

Guest guest

It is a lot but some kids need a lot.  My asd son doesn't need nearly as much (or as often - I probably only give it to him now a couple times a week) but my NT son needs a ton so we use one for him that has 50 billion per cap.  FOS is debatable.  Some people think it's a no-no, some don't.  Some think you need it, some don't.  So you have to use your own judgement on that.CherylOur Dr. is telling us we should use the adult scoop of Custom Probiotics but that sure sounds like alot. - Theresa> >> > Recommended probiotics are Culturelle, Kirkman's probio gold, VSL > #3, ThreeLac. Most are capsules, ThreeLac is a powder (people like > this one but my son can't stand the strong lemony taste of it). I > open capsules and lose them right into applesauce or suck them up > into medicine dropper. He doesn't know when they are in the food. > Probiotics help to colonize the gut with the good guys, thus helping > to heal the gut. They are needed. I know all the choices are > overwhelming as is everything else. I'm sure everyone on this board > will give you a different suggestion as to which one is best. Try > not to feel lost, just pick one and get started! I myself and giving > my child Culturelle, I'll probably be adding VSL #3 in very soon as > this one seems to have one of the highest amounts of probiotics in it.> > > > > > > > > > Probiotics> > > > > > > > I've posted in the past about my son's constipation and bms, but > now I'm thinking that it's a probiotic that I'm missing. Could this > be? My DAN has never recommended one.....but we use enzymes. I know > that I've gotten information on probiotics, but am unsure of which > ones to use for my son. We've only had blood tests that show > moderate mercury toxcisity, but no other testing (except labs from > ped. which showed nothing). How do I figure this out? Would it be > bad to give him yogurt? I have some acidopholis but it has FOS. > I've heard that's bad.....is that correct? I'm feeling a little lost.> > > > Thanks> > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------------------------------> ----------> > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with > Yahoo! Search.> >>