RemedySpot.com

Hi and Antiviral Behaviors??

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, My name is , and I'm new here. My son is "thought to be" apraxic (along with hypotonia, SID, and possibly Auditory Processing Disorder), but people are conflicted as to hi exact diagnosis. Anyway, I've been lurking here for a while -- so thought I'd say hi and begin asking and learning from you guys.

First of all, an earlier post struck me. I saw the term "antiviral behaviors" used along with a pretty accurate description of my son. My son will be 3 in March. He's been doing Omega 3-6-9 since Aug, and he's experienced tremendous gains. When we took away dairy, his auditory issues seemed to improve, but I've seen an increase in behaviors. They've gotten somewhat better (maybe from cal/mag supplement), but they're still there to a lesser degree. The behaviors are kicking, hitting (family and other kids) and more tantrums. It could be typical two year old behavior, BUT theses increased hyperactivity and behaviors occured after dairy elimination. The DAN described them as negative/positives. His language and dramatic play sky-rocketed during this time, as well. We're going to do some testing with DAN, but I'm wondering if anyone here has any

experience with this. I've blamed the increased behaviors on everything: Vital Sounds (auditory listening program), lack of cal/mag, homeopathy remedy, dairy elimination.....but I'm thinking it's linked to the latter (dairy elimination). BUT, is there a viral link????? The DAN also said that if the behaviors got TOO bad, he could prescribe something for it. It sounded somewhat common (maybe?????)

As I said before, it could be typical growth.....and sometimes I feel like I'm just picking apart every single thing he does.....but, since I'm using supplements, etc.....I also think that I need to pay very close attention. I don't know!!!!!

One more thing.....he also has green bowel movents. The DAN said it was from inflamation and malabsorption of bile. Has anyone else had this with their child? This occured in him right after his first round of shots when he was a newborn. He became constipated, too, and could only drink Nutramiagen (from the can -- not even the powder version).....

I'd appreciated any experience or input.

Thanks so much

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

If you think your child is viral, I would suggest the mb12 valtrex yahoo group or google Stan Kurtz to find out more about viral and developmental and autoimmune disorders. (autsim, apraxia, ADD, ADHD, ASTHMA etc) Other helpful groups for gut issues are pecanbread.com (the SCD diet) for kids on the spectrum, The Thoughtful House, chelatingkids2 yahoo group, and Vitamin K group that helps parents understand mineral absorbtion issues. We had problems with calcium absorbtion. Even magnesium didnt help until we got gut issues under control. Once we did, the aggressiveness that we saw with the calcium supplementation was better. It took us 8 months to get the gut under control with diet. We avoided all gluten, casein, sugar, soy, corn, nuts, potatoes, rice and perservatives. It worked though. Language is now age appropropriate and articulation is excellent. We are now just introducing calcium rich foods slowly with some magnesium. Too much calcium causes the negative behaviours. I would highly suggest asking Cathrine on the Vitamin K yahoo group about this. I believe she is a doctor with a child on the spectrum. She is very knowlegable. Good luck. You are definitely on the right path. Keep following your instincts.

Hi and "Antiviral Behaviors"??

Hi, My name is , and I'm new here. My son is "thought to be" apraxic (along with hypotonia, SID, and possibly Auditory Processing Disorder), but people are conflicted as to hi exact diagnosis. Anyway, I've been lurking here for a while -- so thought I'd say hi and begin asking and learning from you guys.

First of all, an earlier post struck me. I saw the term "antiviral behaviors" used along with a pretty accurate description of my son. My son will be 3 in March. He's been doing Omega 3-6-9 since Aug, and he's experienced tremendous gains. When we took away dairy, his auditory issues seemed to improve, but I've seen an increase in behaviors. They've gotten somewhat better (maybe from cal/mag supplement), but they're still there to a lesser degree. The behavi ors are kicking, hitting (family and other kids) and more tantrums. It could be typical two year old behavior, BUT theses increased hyperactivity and behaviors occured after dairy elimination. The DAN described them as negative/positives. His language and dramatic play sky-rocketed during this time, as well. We're going to do some testing with DAN, but I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with this. I've blamed the increased behaviors on everything: Vital Sounds (auditory listening program), lack of cal/mag, homeopathy remedy, dairy elimination.....but I'm thinking it's linked to the latter (dairy elimination). BUT, is there a viral link????? The DAN also said that if the behaviors got TOO bad, he could prescribe something for it. It sounded somewhat common (maybe?????)

As I said before, it could be typical growth.....and sometimes I feel like I'm just picking apart every single thing he does.....but, since I'm using supplements, etc.....I also think that I need to pay very close attention. I don't know!!!!!

One more thing.....he also has green bowel movents. The DAN said it was from inflamation and malabsorption of bile. Has anyone else had this with their child? This occured in him right after his first round of shots when he was a newborn. He became constipated, too, and could only drink Nutramiagen (from the can -- not even the powder version).....

I'd appreciated any experience or input.

Thanks so much

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.