RemedySpot.com

Re: How to reach me

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Great I would love to chat with you again this time I will not call from the ice hockey rink LOL

love

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 11:20 PM

Subject: Re: How to reach me

I wanted to give you (and others) my parent's phone #. It is (520) 749-0525. Don't call after 10pm my time as my parents go to bed then. But any other time is good and I would love to talk to the women I have recently spoken to.

Unfortunately, I will be very limited in making any long distance phone calls, as my parents will have a cow if I make a long distance call. That's just the way they are. I've told them umpteen million times that I will pay for my long distance calls, but it goes in one ear and out the other. So, for now, I need to lay low. But I can make it up to y'all when and if I find my own apt hopefully sometime in the future.

So, feel free to call during the day and evening up to 10pm MST.

e

Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 10:54 PM

Subject: Re: questions

dear I am so happy to hear from you I have been wondering how you are. I am sorry that you have pain.

As for me, well I took way too many vicodin for about 2 years almost i started them when I still had my implants, and at the worse point I was taking at least 8 a day, so way out of control, but I did what I had to I guess to survive. Blah, you should be ok with one or two a day that is not too many, but be careful they can really be addicting.

I will get your questions to Dr Feng, I also will tell you that I already know her answer regarding lymph nodes, or at least I know that she does in fact remove any lymph nodes that are full of silicone, it is one of her specialties and apparently she works with a Dr who is really an expert and finding them using ultrasound.

I will look into this more for you.

Mean while I am in complete agreement with you and what you are saying about more women needing to come out to give us more power against implants.

The problem I see far too often is that there are too many women who won't speak out against implants, or who try to down play or deny the problems they are having, that really does hurt all of us in the long run.

You are right on in what you say here, I agree that if everyone would speak out about the health problems they have instead of believeing the Dr's excuses and just tredging on with implants, they would be on the shelf with the phen phen, too bad isn't it?

I really had a rude awakening to this today, I won't get into it but something I read somewhere I found very disturbing when I read that a women sickened by implants was still recomending them to another women if "it would make her feel better to get them" I just couldn't live with myself if I told anyone that. I will never ever condone implants, I realize I cannot change the world or force anyone to do anything but I also will not ever be a party to someone getting implants, no matter what the reason I just can't agree with it, does that make me bad?

I know maybe I seem extreme, however if anyone has ever experienced what many of us have, we know what I mean.

I don't know, someitmes I get very angry and realize that at least here I can vent some of it without fear of someone getting upset with me.

I am aware that women have the right to do what they want with their own bodies, however, I will never be able to tell someone that implants are a good thing. Never.

Ok then I realize that I may be seeming extreme, I just am so aware of what has happened in my life, esp with this experience with pain pills it really turned the light on in my head and made me see all the suffering I endured all because of my choice to get implants.

I only wish someone like me had told me their story maybe then I would have listened.

Love

Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 3:51 PM

Subject: Re: questions

Ang Thanks for digging up that narcotic info...I SAVED that post!I think the stopping cold or gradual dosage is good advice. I will need this in the future. , thank you for coming forward with this issue. But then again, we are the type of people that admitted we had implants, unlike the others who actually by not admitting & coming forward have caused alot of us to go thru pure hell. I have come to believe if more women would have come forward, perhaps breat implants would be on the shelves along with fen-fen. , how long were you on the vicodins? I ask, because I am taking 1-2 Lortabs (7.5) a day for this underarm & breast pain. Don't know if I told the group I got a 2nd opinion last week. She (the p/s) said she thought it was a pinched nerve or muscle problem. Saw no need to do MRI or sonogram. She also said I should have been off work for about 4 weeks as opposed to going back at 13 days post-op & that it actually takes a good 2 years for your breasts to heal. Other instructions she gives her patients are for the first 5 days do not lift arms from your side...do absolutely nothing; the next 7-10 days do not lift arms more than about 12 inches from side. Absolutely no laundry or vacuuming for 3 weeks. Then after 3 weeks, gradually start to lift arms above head a little more each day. She also told me that his was not a minor surgery I went through. This was considered major. Especially with my circumstance; 7 weeks of pure hellish pain in chest, back & abdomen areas while the idiot doctors I saw tried to figure out what was wrong with me. She said when implants are under the muscle, they're harder to remove. Basically she said I went back to wrok way too early & may have caused this problem. I (once again) wonder why these p/s can't seem to get in agreement with any instructions. When I was implanted, the p/s told me to do some breast exercises on implants but other women were either not told to do them or told to do different kinds of exercises. There should be a standard procedure for all of these things & you'd think there would be, being as many girls GET implants & now, how many get explanted or replacements. I SO WISH I would have went to Feng. I can only thank God for you girls on these support groups for seeing me thru. You have given me so much good advice. I can only repay you all with my prayers. Perhaps my posts will help others realize..IF YOU'VE COME THIS FAR TO INVESTIGATE...GO TO A RECOMMENDED SURGEON FROM THESE LADIES. Go to one they've used & don't be conned. Ok, I'm off my soapbox., will you please phrase these questions properly for Feng?1. How long does it take to recover from this surgery (explant only).2. After explant; If I had a MRI or sonogram done at a hospital in my area, could I send it by mail to Feng to have it reviewed? 3. Could Feng recommend someone in my area to look at the MRI or sonogram?4. I was told by 2nd opinion p/s that IF this pain IS coming from silicone left in lymph nodes, there isn't anything I can do about it. If I were to remove a lymph node then I would be creating another problem as I would have to deal with my arm swelling & other traumas. Best to leave it alone. Have Feng comment on this., will you post or send me Feng's answers? I would appreciate it.Thanks for all your helpPeace & Love

Guest guest

, I wanted to give you (and others) my parent's phone #. It is (520) 749-0525. Don't call after 10pm my time as my parents go to bed then. But any other time is good and I would love to talk to the women I have recently spoken to. Unfortunately, I will be very limited in making any long distance phone calls, as my parents will have a cow if I make a long distance call. That's just the way they are. I've told them umpteen million times that I will pay for my long distance calls, but it goes in one ear and out the other. So, for now, I need to lay low. But I can make it up to y'all when and if I find my own apt hopefully sometime in the future. So, feel free to call during the day and evening up to 10pm MST. e ----- Original Message ----- From: Heer Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 10:54 PM Subject: Re: questions dear I am so happy to hear from you I have been wondering how you are. I am sorry that you have pain. As for me, well I took way too many vicodin for about 2 years almost i started them when I still had my implants, and at the worse point I was taking at least 8 a day, so way out of control, but I did what I had to I guess to survive. Blah, you should be ok with one or two a day that is not too many, but be careful they can really be addicting. I will get your questions to Dr Feng, I also will tell you that I already know her answer regarding lymph nodes, or at least I know that she does in fact remove any lymph nodes that are full of silicone, it is one of her specialties and apparently she works with a Dr who is really an expert and finding them using ultrasound. I will look into this more for you. Mean while I am in complete agreement with you and what you are saying about more women needing to come out to give us more power against implants. The problem I see far too often is that there are too many women who won't speak out against implants, or who try to down play or deny the problems they are having, that really does hurt all of us in the long run. You are right on in what you say here, I agree that if everyone would speak out about the health problems they have instead of believeing the Dr's excuses and just tredging on with implants, they would be on the shelf with the phen phen, too bad isn't it? I really had a rude awakening to this today, I won't get into it but something I read somewhere I found very disturbing when I read that a women sickened by implants was still recomending them to another women if "it would make her feel better to get them" I just couldn't live with myself if I told anyone that. I will never ever condone implants, I realize I cannot change the world or force anyone to do anything but I also will not ever be a party to someone getting implants, no matter what the reason I just can't agree with it, does that make me bad? I know maybe I seem extreme, however if anyone has ever experienced what many of us have, we know what I mean. I don't know, someitmes I get very angry and realize that at least here I can vent some of it without fear of someone getting upset with me. I am aware that women have the right to do what they want with their own bodies, however, I will never be able to tell someone that implants are a good thing. Never. Ok then I realize that I may be seeming extreme, I just am so aware of what has happened in my life, esp with this experience with pain pills it really turned the light on in my head and made me see all the suffering I endured all because of my choice to get implants. I only wish someone like me had told me their story maybe then I would have listened. Love ----- Original Message ----- From: ShihtzusRock@... Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 3:51 PM Subject: Re: questions Ang Thanks for digging up that narcotic info...I SAVED that post!I think the stopping cold or gradual dosage is good advice. I will need this in the future. , thank you for coming forward with this issue. But then again, we are the type of people that admitted we had implants, unlike the others who actually by not admitting & coming forward have caused alot of us to go thru pure hell. I have come to believe if more women would have come forward, perhaps breat implants would be on the shelves along with fen-fen. , how long were you on the vicodins? I ask, because I am taking 1-2 Lortabs (7.5) a day for this underarm & breast pain. Don't know if I told the group I got a 2nd opinion last week. She (the p/s) said she thought it was a pinched nerve or muscle problem. Saw no need to do MRI or sonogram. She also said I should have been off work for about 4 weeks as opposed to going back at 13 days post-op & that it actually takes a good 2 years for your breasts to heal. Other instructions she gives her patients are for the first 5 days do not lift arms from your side...do absolutely nothing; the next 7-10 days do not lift arms more than about 12 inches from side. Absolutely no laundry or vacuuming for 3 weeks. Then after 3 weeks, gradually start to lift arms above head a little more each day. She also told me that his was not a minor surgery I went through. This was considered major. Especially with my circumstance; 7 weeks of pure hellish pain in chest, back & abdomen areas while the idiot doctors I saw tried to figure out what was wrong with me. She said when implants are under the muscle, they're harder to remove. Basically she said I went back to wrok way too early & may have caused this problem. I (once again) wonder why these p/s can't seem to get in agreement with any instructions. When I was implanted, the p/s told me to do some breast exercises on implants but other women were either not told to do them or told to do different kinds of exercises. There should be a standard procedure for all of these things & you'd think there would be, being as many girls GET implants & now, how many get explanted or replacements. I SO WISH I would have went to Feng. I can only thank God for you girls on these support groups for seeing me thru. You have given me so much good advice. I can only repay you all with my prayers. Perhaps my posts will help others realize..IF YOU'VE COME THIS FAR TO INVESTIGATE...GO TO A RECOMMENDED SURGEON FROM THESE LADIES. Go to one they've used & don't be conned. Ok, I'm off my soapbox., will you please phrase these questions properly for Feng?1. How long does it take to recover from this surgery (explant only).2. After explant; If I had a MRI or sonogram done at a hospital in my area, could I send it by mail to Feng to have it reviewed? 3. Could Feng recommend someone in my area to look at the MRI or sonogram?4. I was told by 2nd opinion p/s that IF this pain IS coming from silicone left in lymph nodes, there isn't anything I can do about it. If I were to remove a lymph node then I would be creating another problem as I would have to deal with my arm swelling & other traumas. Best to leave it alone. Have Feng comment on this., will you post or send me Feng's answers? I would appreciate it.Thanks for all your helpPeace & Love