RemedySpot.com

Re: online vs possessed backup

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Totally encrypted - as far as I can figure out. I actually think the best option is a hard drive in the office and online back up. But with online back up, one can probably not take the usual step of also switching out hard drives daily/weekly to make sure you have a copy of your data offsite. A hard drive back up only in the office is not enough. Theft or fire would still destroy all your data. i am a firm believer in having physical possession of one's information.another question--  is the mozy online backup hipaa compliant?LL Guinn <NGuinn555comcast (DOT) net> wrote:I use Mozy online - costs about 5-6 dollars/month per computer, large volume, uploads scheduled as often as you want - I do it nightly in the middle of the night. Eliminates the whole switching out the hard drive to have one back up off site issue. Howdy y'all, what backup software are you using?i'm using AC, EZClaim, Updox andwould like to spend a limited amount of time backing things up. any recommendations?Evan in Oly, WALooking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

that's the advantage of sync toy, and the "echo" function (no more incremental/differential backups). only changes in the database will be copied over, there is no need to swap out tapes. i just connect the external hard drive at the end of the day, open the program on the server, push a couple of radio buttons, and it's done. i take the hard drive with me, so in case of office disaster, i still have all the data in my possession. LL Guinn wrote: Totally encrypted - as

far as I can figure out. I actually think the best option is a hard drive in the office and online back up. But with online back up, one can probably not take the usual step of also switching out hard drives daily/weekly to make sure you have a copy of your data offsite. A hard drive back up only in the office is not enough. Theft or fire would still destroy all your data. i am a firm believer in having physical possession of one's information.another question-- is the mozy online backup hipaa compliant?LL Guinn <NGuinn555comcast (DOT) net> wrote: I use Mozy online - costs about 5-6 dollars/month per computer, large volume, uploads scheduled as often as you want - I do it nightly in the middle of the night. Eliminates the whole switching out the hard drive to have one back up off site issue. Howdy y'all, what backup software are you using?i'm using AC, EZClaim, Updox andwould like to spend a limited amount of time backing things up. any recommendations?Evan in Oly, WA Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Yes, Mozypro is HIPAA compliant. They have a HIPAA statement on their website.

I'm a firm believer of offsite backup ...

>

>

>

>

>

>

> i am a firm believer in having physical possession of one's information.

> another question-- is the mozy online backup hipaa compliant?

> LL

>

> Guinn wrote:

>

>

> I use Mozy online - costs about 5-6 dollars/month per computer, large

> volume, uploads scheduled as often as you want - I do it nightly in the

> middle of the night. Eliminates the whole switching out the hard drive to

> have one back up off site issue.

>

>

--

Graham Chiu

http://www.synapsedirect.com

Synapse-EMR - innovative electronic medical records system

yep, offsite is critical, however offsite does not equal over the internet, it is merely one type of offsite backup. let's say there is some disaster of whatever nature. how likely is it that internet access will be available? LLGraham Chiu wrote: Yes, Mozypro is HIPAA compliant. They have a HIPAA statement on their website.I'm a firm believer of offsite backup ...On Jan 4, 2008 4:58 AM, lawrence lyon <llyonmd> wrote:>>>>>>> i am a firm believer in having physical possession of one's information.> another question-- is the mozy online backup hipaa compliant?> LL>> Guinn <NGuinn555comcast (DOT) net> wrote:>>> I use Mozy online - costs about 5-6 dollars/month per computer, large> volume, uploads scheduled as often as you want - I do it nightly in the> middle of the night. Eliminates the whole switching out the hard drive to> have one back up off site issue.> >-- Graham Chiuhttp://www.synapsedirect.comSynapse-EMR - innovative electronic medical records system

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Why not  burn a DVD too. In addition to backing up we burn a disc every day and bring the occasional one offsite. DVD's never crash. Larry Lindeman M.D.Roscoe Village Family Medicine2255 W. RoscoeChicago, Illinois 60618 Totally encrypted - as far as I can figure out. I actually think the best option is a hard drive in the office and online back up. But with online back up, one can probably not take the usual step of also switching out hard drives daily/weekly to make sure you have a copy of your data offsite. A hard drive back up only in the office is not enough. Theft or fire would still destroy all your data. i am a firm believer in having physical possession of one's information.another question--  is the mozy online backup hipaa compliant?LL Guinn <NGuinn555comcast (DOT) net> wrote:I use Mozy online - costs about 5-6 dollars/month per computer, large volume, uploads scheduled as often as you want - I do it nightly in the middle of the night. Eliminates the whole switching out the hard drive to have one back up off site issue. Howdy y'all, what backup software are you using?i'm using AC, EZClaim, Updox andwould like to spend a limited amount of time backing things up. any recommendations?Evan in Oly, WALooking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

In addition we burn a full copy every day not an incremental backup. We do incremental backups every 2 hours. If our computer crashes I can go and buy another computer and be up and running in about 30 minutes. Our scanned documents are on a different computer  and are only backed up only once a month. We keep all the scanned documents in a pile for a month and shred them after we do the back up. By having the scanned documents separate it keeps our file size of every thing else small and faster to back up. Our emr backup including the program can fit on a CD. Our scanned documents are up to 5 DVD's. Larry Lindeman M.D.Roscoe Village Family Medicine2255 W. RoscoeChicago, Illinois 60618 Why not  burn a DVD too. In addition to backing up we burn a disc every day and bring the occasional one offsite. DVD's never crash.Larry Lindeman M.D.Roscoe Village Family Medicine2255 W. RoscoeChicago, Illinois 60618Totally encrypted - as far as I can figure out. I actually think the best option is a hard drive in the office and online back up. But with online back up, one can probably not take the usual step of also switching out hard drives daily/weekly to make sure you have a copy of your data offsite. A hard drive back up only in the office is not enough. Theft or fire would still destroy all your data. i am a firm believer in having physical possession of one's information.another question--  is the mozy online backup hipaa compliant?LL Guinn <NGuinn555comcast (DOT) net> wrote:I use Mozy online - costs about 5-6 dollars/month per computer, large volume, uploads scheduled as often as you want - I do it nightly in the middle of the night. Eliminates the whole switching out the hard drive to have one back up off site issue. Howdy y'all, what backup software are you using?i'm using AC, EZClaim, Updox andwould like to spend a limited amount of time backing things up. any recommendations?Evan in Oly, WALooking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.