RemedySpot.com

Re: to adderall, or not at all, that is the e question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Won't write 'em -- abuse potential is too high.

Many are cheap generics available anyway.

Stick to your guns..................

Matt FP solo western PA

RE: to adderall, or not at all, that is thequestionI for one, think this is excellent. I have no need to see perfectlystable patients with ADHD or pain more often than stable patients withhtn or dm. Just because the medication is "controlled" doesn't meantheir condition isn't or that it requires closer doctor supervision. Ifwe are trying to prove that Primary Care and being a Medical Homereduces costs, this is one of the ways; by not seeing patients thatdon't need to be seen. Of course, it's not good for our bank balances;so I for one am always at crossed purposes with myself.Personally, allowing refills decreases the chance of abuse vs. multipleserial prescriptions. With refills, the patient must return to the samepharmacy and use is easier to track. With individual prescriptions, thepatient can fill it anywhere, yes, they are dated but still, it's easierto hide patterns of abuse that way.Interestingly, I have a family that has been getting 90 day supplies ofAdderall through Caremark for a couple of years now. Apparently this isstill not legal so I am wondering why Caremark is doing this.Kathy Saradarian, MDBranchville, NJwww.qualityfamilypractice.comSolo 4/03, Practicing since 9/90Practice Partner 5/03Low staffing