RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Politics - Health Care - US

Rate this topic

Guest guest

RE HMOs and PPOs even for Medicare.

We transitioned further here.

With a dominant insurer BCBS here, we ended up with high penetration HMOs. Then, problems with access, as we have very low retention of new primary care.

When I was "replaced" at my primary care office with a newly minted IM/Peds grad after 8 years, I set up practice on the other side of the city where the employing hospital was.

The dominant insurer by that time was converting MORE to a PPO model, no auths for referrals. AND they pay a "discounted FFS" model, so I got paid for when I saw the pts too.

Working OK for me, esp since July when stopped taking new Medicaid ($31.90 per any visit) and the groups that sold to the hospital get overrun.

Matt in Western PA

Solo FP since Dec 2004

Completed residency in 1988

* Re: France is healthcare leader, US> > comes dead last: study --> was RE: [Pract...> >> >> > I heard Mike Huckabee speak last fall, I think there are several things I> > don't like about him, but he has his mind around health and prevention and> > REALLY seems to understand it. He doesn't seem to have a really well> > flushed out plan, but like I said, he had a deep and seemingly accurate> > understanding about health and prevention. Doesn't mean I'll vote for him,> > but he is still on the table.> >> > Did anyone else review the table of the candidates views in Medical> > Economics? (I think that's where it was.) Kris> >> >> >> > ------------------------------> > Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape<http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489>in the new year.> >> > > >>