RemedySpot.com

Re: Dragon Naturally speaking

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've been using v8 (Medical) for a few years...was using v6 before. the current version is v9. I've been extremely happy with the quality of the voice recognition...very rarely have to make corrections...usually just a quick visual scan. Going from v6 to v8 was a huge leap in quality...can't speak to v9. Ira G. Warshaw, M.D.1216 U.S. Highway #1North Palm Beach, FL 33408(561)626-1000

Dragon Naturally speaking

Any experiences with Dragon Naturally speaking?

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Dragon Naturally Speaking is a great program. I don't use it frequently, because I use Shortkeys text expander and can rapidly type notes at " the point of care. " But for lengthy documents, I'll open it up and it works fine. I had tried v5 and found it unusable. Like Ira, I saw a huge leap in quality with going from v5 to v7 and I now use v9.

Friends I have who use it on a more regular basis say it is awesome; the more you use it the better it gets. You need plenty of RAM and a good processor. It can strain a more limited PC system.

Jacques Guillot, MD

Dragon NaturallySpeaking does work with Amazing Charts, as a matter of fact I use it on a daily basis for all my notes. I am even using Dragon to dictate this right now.Any questions?L. L.DocSingh760@... wrote: Does Dragon work with amazing charts?? Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received the dragon and and I'm trying to dictate, how long does it usually take to train the dragon to recognize your voice?

I seem to be having a lot of difficulty with the program, help!Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.

Do you have an Indian or British accent?-if so you may need the

professional version which has those language models.

See my faq in the files section.

>

> I just received the dragon and and I'm trying to dictate, how long

does it

> usually take to train the dragon to recognize your voice?

> I seem to be having a lot of difficulty with the program, help!

>

>

>

> **************Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL

Music.

>

(http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp00300000002\

> 48)

>

If it makes you feel any better, I think the software doesn't like western drawls either. Most on this listserve use the professional, not the medical version, I believe.  GuinnAlbuquerqueA little of both-Indian and BritishStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.