RemedySpot.com

Government run healthcare - my 2 cents

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Aloha to Ben and all,Based on your experience I wouldn't endorse a government run healthcare system. The Canadian system however isn't as complicated. Generally there are no PA's necessary to order tests, labs or do referrals. I said generally because when I was practicing in Calgary (1992-1997) I couldn't order a CT scan of the head unless a neurologist approved it. I think it had to do with rationing as one of the 3 CTs in the city was down and funding had been cut otherwise. It's very different now or at least according to my friends who practice in Alberta. The province is wealthier and they have great leadership in the Alberta Medical Association ( the organization that represents the province physicians and negotiates on their behalf) so a lot of changes are happening to compensate physicians fairly as well as intice physicians into underserved areas.For those who are new to the listserve...I'm a Canadian trained FP, practiced 5 years in

Alberta, moved to Wisconsin and practiced for 9 years bfore moving to Hawaii as my husband took a job with one of the resorts. I have been here since October 2006 and still doing locums. I would say Hawaii is an economic dead zone for physicians. High cost to practice, high cost of living and poor payments.My 2 cents!MahaloTheresa

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.