becasue

he will not get care if I do not

BUt

if they did not have their car break down, or forget ,or seem to be doing

it out of disrespect or MAYBE becasue in the last doc's office the doc WAS

always 2 hrs late so it did not matter... you can teach that you will be

on time and since you ARE on time for the guy you are presently seeing that

they may be walking in in the middle of, you cannot see them. sorry . Say

go home and I will call you to rescheudle and call them later.

I take a fluid approach .I have found that despite my natural insticnt to

pitch a hissy fit, they do not repeat this stuff moslty if I take the time

to work on it with them .If they are really truly disrescpetful expect the

world to wait on them kind of thing ok say go home and call me to

reschedule and be consistent with them.

Lots of typing- to say- you know what you are doing Soma and have already

got my respect SOma I read your stuff. Do it however and you will be right.

jean

Re: Shaping the nature of practice

As I type this, two patients have walked in. The first

two hours late, the second, almost one hour late.

One of the reasons why I started my own practice was

because I became very frustrated not being able to

control my schedule and in previous practice

accumulated patients who were ambivalent about their

health and often showed up very late to their

appointments or did not show up at all. It affected

the morale of our interaction and I grew very

disenchanted with what I was doing.

I just decided that these two patients will have to

reschedule. I cannot bear to allow this type of

behavior trickle into my practice, it would really

make me not want to get up in the morning and come to

work.

Thoughts?

Soma

I absolutely agree. They would absolutely feel free to do that again if you had seen them. Patients who walk in 20 minutes late know that they get less time with me. It is in their best interests to be in time.Soma Mandal wrote: As I type this, two patients have walked in. The firsttwo hours late, the second, almost one hour late. One of the reasons why I started my own practice wasbecause I became very frustrated not being able tocontrol my schedule and in previous

practiceaccumulated patients who were ambivalent about theirhealth and often showed up very late to theirappointments or did not show up at all. It affectedthe morale of our interaction and I grew verydisenchanted with what I was doing.I just decided that these two patients will have toreschedule. I cannot bear to allow this type ofbehavior trickle into my practice, it would reallymake me not want to get up in the morning and come towork. Thoughts?SomaMoitri Chowdhury Savard, MD http://www.queenswesthealth.com The information contained in this message is confidential, may containprotected health information, may be legally privileged and is thusprotected from disclosure. It is intended solely for the use of theaddressee. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee oragent responsible for delivering this message to the intendedrecipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying orsaving of this communication, or any action taken or omitted to betaken

in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Ifyou have received this communication in error, please notify usimmediately by replying to the message and deleting it from yourcomputer. Thank you.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

As someone who is often on time and rarely early myself, my approach to late patients is, if I'm not already seeing a patient, I will ask why they are late and go ahead and see them. If I am already seeing a patient, I will tell them they will either have to wait until I am done, or they have to reschedule. Sometimes I'll just leave and run some errands, and let them find me gone. But usually I will call someone if they are more than 15 minutes late and ask what is going on. Sometimes they just forgot or got the date/time wrong and will rush right over. But I have looser standards of punctuality than most, as my wife will attest to. It comes down to what kind of practice and patients you want. SetoSouth Pasadena, CAI absolutely agree.  They would absolutely feel free to do that again if you had seen them.   Patients who walk in 20 minutes late know that they get less time with me.  It is in their best interests to be in time.Soma Mandal <somamandal2000> wrote:As I type this, two patients have walked in. The firsttwo hours late, the second, almost one hour late. One of the reasons why I started my own practice wasbecause I became very frustrated not being able tocontrol my schedule and in previous practiceaccumulated patients who were ambivalent about theirhealth and often showed up very late to theirappointments or did not show up at all. It affectedthe morale of our interaction and I grew verydisenchanted with what I was doing.I just decided that these two patients will have toreschedule. I cannot bear to allow this type ofbehavior trickle into my practice, it would reallymake me not want to get up in the morning and come towork. Thoughts?SomaMoitri Chowdhury Savard, MDhttp://www.queenswesthealth.com The information contained in this message is confidential, may containprotected health information, may be legally privileged and is thusprotected from disclosure.  It is intended solely for the use of the! addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee oragent responsible for delivering this message to the intendedrecipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying orsaving of this communication, or any action taken or omitted to betaken in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Ifyou have received this communication in error, please notify usimmediately by replying to the message and deleting it from yourcomputer. Thank you.Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.