RemedySpot.com

RE vacations

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I closed the office to routine appointments from dec 22 until jan 3. I changed the message telling pts if they have an urgent need or emergency to press 7(emergency line- rolls over to my cell) otherwise, leave a message. I checked my messages once each business day in the morning. There were not many due to the holidays. I went in once for a febrile infant. And on xmas eve, I gave two college students their second dose of Gardasil, it was the only time they would be in town until summer. I took my kids with me and it was quick. At home, the kids and I had a great time and many days didn't even get dressed until the afternoon. Last year, I worked most of those days and felt ridiculous, I was paying $$$ for my kids daycare and hardly anyone came in for an appt. It wasn't cost effective.

Last year, we went to florida for a week and I checked my routine messages and faxes each morning on my laptop through the hotel's wireless internet, but ext 7 rolled over to a covering doctor. (I programmed it through onebox to call their office in the day, then go to the cell phone at night.)

-- Naureen Mohamed