RemedySpot.com

Re: Asthma Attack or Not?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

your lungs can change so much that its not surprising he didn't detect it. Particularly doc offices usually have filters going..... Don't want to scare you but it also sounds like heart attack symptoms too debmetsfan@... wrote: Does this sound like an asthma attack to you...I went upsairs (13 steps) to clean the bathroom. I start picking up stuff, sweeping into the dustpan, and throwing stuff out.

I start profusely sweating, my heart is pounding, and I feel like I can't breahe and I'm going to pass out. This happened to me at work the other day. I was running around, opening boxes, moving things, and then I started the profuse sweating, heart pounding, and I felt like I was going to pass out.I can never figure out why I have this. My last doctor visit said my lungs were clear. I did not cough or sneeze while feeling this way. But I do have difficulty breathing. This is so scary to me.Debbie SalernoMaine Coon RescueBoard MemberDNA ManagerEastern Regional DirectorVice Presidentwww.mainecoonrescue.com ~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.- Ralph Waldo Emerson~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~http://www.animalrescuelinks.org**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Debbie,

If I were you, I would see a Doctor ASAP.

Maybe even go straight to the emergency room.

Please let us know you are alright.

Alana

>

> Does this sound like an asthma attack to you...

>

> I went upsairs (13 steps) to clean the bathroom. I start picking

up stuff,

> sweeping into the dustpan, and throwing stuff out. I start

profusely sweating,

> my heart is pounding, and I feel like I can't breahe and I'm going

to pass

> out.

>

> This happened to me at work the other day. I was running around,

opening

> boxes, moving things, and then I started the profuse sweating,

heart pounding,

> and I felt like I was going to pass out.

>

> I can never figure out why I have this. My last doctor visit said

my lungs

> were clear. I did not cough or sneeze while feeling this way. But

I do have

> difficulty breathing.

>

> This is so scary to me.

>

> Debbie Salerno

> Maine Coon Rescue

> Board Member

> DNA Manager

> Eastern Regional Director

> Vice President

> www.mainecoonrescue.com

>

> ~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

> To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.

>

>

>

> This is to have succeeded.

> - Ralph Waldo Emerson

> ~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

>

>

> http://www.animalrescuelinks.org

>

>

>

>

> **************

> Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.

>

> http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?

NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

>

I had a similar thing happen...it turned out to be high blood

pressure. I have a tendency to blame a lot of things on my asthma. Not

all of them are caused by it though. Many symptoms are similar so you

need to be careful.

Robin

I had the same symptons in the late 80's. I could not climb up the

stairs. Dust or ther allergens would also be a problem. I was so weak

lifewas not worth living. In this case I needed to see the emergency

room and my asthma doctor right away.

jose vargas

>

> I had a similar thing happen...it turned out to be high blood

> pressure. I have a tendency to blame a lot of things on my asthma. Not

> all of them are caused by it though. Many symptoms are similar so you

> need to be careful.

>

>

> Robin

>

• 2 weeks later...

I know; it's scary! I had to go up and down three fleights of steps at work today, twice, and the same thing happened again.

I went to the doctor yesterday (primary). My blood pressure is 132 over 90. That is high for me! But I feel like they are not listening to me (pulmonary and primary) when I tell them that. My pressure has never been over 120 over 80 until 2007. I still have that lump in my throat - it goes right across my throat, near the base. And there is a lump next to that. But the nurse called today and said that my bloodwork came back fine! My cholesteral is 175 and she said that is good. I asked about my thyroid, and she said that is fine, too. But I have an appointment for an ultrasound on Monday.

I asked the doc about my heart; he said my heart is fine. He said he would hear it if there was anything wrong with it. Plus, I did the sleep study and they said my heart was fine.

The pulmonary/sleep doctor sent a report to my primary saying that I did have asthma, sleep apnea, restless legs syndrome, and acid reflux. My primary thinks once the acid reflux is taken care of, everything else will be better, too. My pulmonary doc says once my allergies are taken care of, everything will be better! LOL!! I hope one of them or all of them are right! But primary doc lectured me on losing weight. I gained a lot of weight the past two years - about 30 pounds. I don't eat that much but he says that i have to move more. It's hard with a desk job and then I do volunteer work on the internet at night and on the weekends. But I do a lot of running around with my teenage (autistic) daughter. Primary doc says my lungs sound good and clear! Yea!

I'm also going to make an appointment with the gynocologist to make sure everything is alright there.

So - the only meds that I am on right now are the Nasonex. My dentist is trying to get the preapproval for the dental appliance for the sleep apnea. And we will see what happens with the ultrasound on Monday.

Deb

I had the same symptons in the late 80's. I could not climb up the

stairs. Dust or ther allergens would also be a problem. I was so weak

lifewas not worth living. In this case I needed to see the emergency

room and my asthma doctor right away.

jose vargas

Debbie Salerno

Maine Coon Rescue

Board Member

DNA Manager

Eastern Regional Director

Vice President

www.mainecoonrescue.com

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.

This is to have succeeded.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

http://www.animalrescuelinks.org

**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

Hi Deb,

Have you tried excercising with videos?

This site has free previews of all the workouts.

I have been ordering from them for a long time -

only one problem so far with a damaged DVD -

but they took care of it.

http://www.collagevideo.com/

Are you taking green tea extract and fish oil?

There were studies done a while back -

they increase metabolism.

Alana

>>>> But primary

> doc lectured me on losing weight. I gained a lot of weight the

past two years

> - about 30 pounds. I don't eat that much but he says that i have

to move

> more. It's hard with a desk job and then I do volunteer work on

the internet at

> night and on the weekends.

Thanks, Alana! I will check these out!

I currently have Walk Away the Pounds with Sansone; I have a Weight Watchers aerobics DVD; and I bought a yoga flatbaster DVD with Austin but that one is really hard! I haven't been walking since it's too cold! But I need to do more at home. These DVDs would be great.

I drink a lot of regular tea - about 6-7 cups a day! I occasionally have green tea, but in reading all the write ups about it, I think I will purchase that more often! And white tea, too! I eat a lot of fish but I don't take fish oil. I love salmon and shrimp and scallops. And tuna fish.

I have my ultrasound tomorrow night for the lump in my throat. Does anyone know - my blood test results came back normal - cholesterol very good (175 - they said anything below 200 is good). Could I still have a problem with my thyroid if the blood tests didn't show it? The doc felt, in addition to the lump that is going right across my throat, what he thought was a nodule on my thyroid.

Deb

Hi Deb,Have you tried excercising with videos?This site has free previews of all the workouts.I have been ordering from them for a long time -only one problem so far with a damaged DVD -but they took care of it.http://www.collagevideo.com/Are you taking green tea extract and fish oil?There were studies done a while back -they increase metabolism.Alana>>>> But primary > doc lectured me on losing weight. I gained a lot of weight the past two years > - about 30 pounds. I don't eat that much but he says that i have to move > more. It's hard with a desk job and then I do volunteer work on the internet at > night and on the weekends.

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

When the nurse called about my blood test results, she told me that everything came back normal and that my cholesterol was good - she went into the numbers with the good and the bad cholesterol. I asked her, "What about my thyroid? Is everything ok?" She said yes. She did not mention any numbers at all. I'll have to find out what the FSH levels are. The only numbers she gave me were for my cholesterol.

Deb

Did your FSH level come back normal? That's the thyroid.ebmetsfanaol wrote:

Thanks, Alana! I will check these out!

I currently have Walk Away the Pounds with Sansone; I have a Weight Watchers aerobics DVD; and I bought a yoga flatbaster DVD with Austin but that one is really hard! I haven't been walking since it's too cold! But I need to do more at home. These DVDs would be great.

I drink a lot of regular tea - about 6-7 cups a day! I occasionally have green tea, but in reading all the write ups about it, I think I will purchase that more often! And white tea, too! I eat a lot of fish but I don't take fish oil. I love salmon and shrimp and scallops. And tuna fish.

I have my ultrasound tomorrow night for the lump in my throat. Does anyone know - my blood test results came back normal - cholesterol very good (175 - they said anything below 200 is good). Could I still have a problem with my thyroid if the blood tests didn't show it? The doc felt, in addition to the lump that is going right across my throat, what he thought was a nodule on my thyroid.

Deb

In a message dated 1/24/2008 10:13:23 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, sea_girl111 writes:

Hi Deb,Have you tried excercising with videos?This site has free previews of all the workouts.I have been ordering from them for a long time -only one problem so far with a damaged DVD -but they took care of it.http://www.collagevideo.com/Are you taking green tea extract and fish oil?There were studies done a while back -they increase metabolism.Alana>>>> But primary > doc lectured me on losing weight. I gained a lot of weight the past two years > - about 30 pounds. I don't eat that much but he says that i have to move > more. It's hard with a desk job and then I do volunteer work on the internet at > night and on the weekends.

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Messages in this topic (11) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

MARKETPLACE

Earn your degree in as few as 2 years - Advance your career with an AS, BS, MS degree - College-Finder.net.

Did your FSH level come back normal? That's the thyroid.ebmetsfan@... wrote: Thanks, Alana! I will check these out! I currently have Walk Away the Pounds with Sansone; I have a Weight Watchers aerobics DVD; and I bought a yoga flatbaster DVD with Austin but that one is really hard! I haven't been walking since it's too cold! But I need to do more at home. These DVDs would be great. I

drink a lot of regular tea - about 6-7 cups a day! I occasionally have green tea, but in reading all the write ups about it, I think I will purchase that more often! And white tea, too! I eat a lot of fish but I don't take fish oil. I love salmon and shrimp and scallops. And tuna fish. I have my ultrasound tomorrow night for the lump in my throat. Does anyone know - my blood test results came back normal - cholesterol very good (175 - they said anything below 200 is good). Could I still have a problem with my thyroid if the blood tests didn't show it? The doc felt, in addition to the lump that is going right across my throat, what he thought was a nodule on my thyroid. Deb In a message dated 1/24/2008 10:13:23 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, sea_girl111 writes: Hi Deb,Have you tried excercising with videos?This site has free previews of all the workouts.I have been ordering from them for a long time -only one problem so far with a damaged DVD -but they took care of it.http://www.collagevideo.com/Are you taking green tea extract and fish oil?There were studies done a while back -they increase metabolism.Alana>>>> But primary > doc lectured me on losing weight. I gained a lot of weight the past two years > - about 30 pounds. I don't eat that much but he says that i have to move > more. It's hard with a desk job and then I do volunteer work on the

internet at > night and on the weekends. Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.