> >

> My daugher, now 33, was dxd with this

> as a child, and as a teenager. It became

> worse after her saline implants at

> age 20. She was again dxd at age 30 at

> Stanford and was told it was becoming

> ulcerative colitis. Last year, because

> of something I read re blood types, she

> decided to try eliminating wheat--BINGO!

> It not only took a few short weeks to

> determine, but she has not had to

> watch her weight since. Many things

> contain it--even your average white bread--

> so check ingredients before purchasing.

> Health food stores carry lines of

> gluten/wheat-free breads and pastry and

> they can be found on-ine also. Many with

> silicone illnesses developed or discovered a

> gluten allergy. So I have to agree with this

> physician--that is one thing that can cause it.

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Yes, she still has the saline implants but is facing

the ten-year suggested time of change with no

bucks to do it--as, unfortunately, many unknowing

or early implant recipients will.

Her original implants were Mentor silicone (Dow)

which she had changed at four years due to

red, sore joints (Mentor provided new implants)

UCLA did exchange and mastopexy; implants

were not ruptured but had compressed breast

tissue so thin that anterior capsule not removed. Had she not replaced with saline, she would have been

mastectomized at age 24--in the 70s and

early 80s, plastic surgeons were trained to

know thin skin and would not do an augmen-

tation if found (went with a "leader" in this field

who told me all about this)

Being very health conscious, her "wheat bread

only" started at about the same time as her

original implantation so objectively, the fact that

it worsened at this time may not be implants--

it may be that she had more exposure to the

allergen. Many of us know those with IBS who

have never had implants. And, her IBS stopped

completely.

Re allergies--she has always shown some mild

seasonal allergies, so finding there was a food

allergy was a surprise in the circumstances,

but not a shock. I believe this is a consideration

for anyone with allergies--and I think they may be

at the root of many problems, but their effects are

so subtle and widespread, as not to be suspected.

And It doesn't stretch my imagination a bit to

consider foods and Irritable Bowel Syndrome--now.

Might also mention that she started PMS with

the implant exchange and does a progesterone

cream schedule for it now; considering the

estrogencity of silicone and the menstrual histories of a large family of women, I believe

the silicone, whether encasing saline or gel,

is definitely the primary factor here.

Bonnie

Guest guest

A few weeks ago, I suggested group look into The Fungus Link, a book about the fungus we are getting thru our foods: white, enriched flour, noodles, rice, etc. It has amazed me. Obtainable by phone call to author, (Doug A. Kaufman, nutritionist. Telephone: 972-772-0990

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 11:43 AM

Subject: Re: Re: Effectively Treating symptoms of IBS

Yes, she still has the saline implants but is facing the ten-year suggested time of change with no bucks to do it--as, unfortunately, many unknowing or early implant recipients will. Her original implants were Mentor silicone (Dow) which she had changed at four years due to red, sore joints (Mentor provided new implants) UCLA did exchange and mastopexy; implants were not ruptured but had compressed breast tissue so thin that anterior capsule not removed. Had she not replaced with saline, she would have been mastectomized at age 24--in the 70s and early 80s, plastic surgeons were trained to know thin skin and would not do an augmen- tation if found (went with a "leader" in this field who told me all about this) Being very health conscious, her "wheat bread only" started at about the same time as her original implantation so objectively, the fact that it worsened at this time may not be implants-- it may be that she had more exposure to the allergen. Many of us know those with IBS who have never had implants. And, her IBS stopped completely. Re allergies--she has always shown some mild seasonal allergies, so finding there was a food allergy was a surprise in the circumstances, but not a shock. I believe this is a consideration for anyone with allergies--and I think they may be at the root of many problems, but their effects are so subtle and widespread, as not to be suspected. And It doesn't stretch my imagination a bit to consider foods and Irritable Bowel Syndrome--now. Might also mention that she started PMS with the implant exchange and does a progesterone cream schedule for it now; considering the estrogencity of silicone and the menstrual histories of a large family of women, I believe the silicone, whether encasing saline or gel, is definitely the primary factor here. Bonnie

Guest guest

--

I know the implants were not the cause of her IBS as she had that as a child.

It did worsen with implants, but she also started eating a lot more wheat at

that time. So, we really don't know. However, when she eliminated wheat,

her IBS totally resolved. And, as an added feature, she doesn't have to watch her weight anymore!

Re Stanford--just mentioned that they were one of the three dxs she had for IBS, and

who said it was going into ulcerative colitis-- the internist never mentioned a possible sensitivity of any kind.

Bonnie

Guest guest

I read this post and was wondering if you think that saline implants are not

the cause of her problems if you think they are adding to it because you

mentioned here that it got worse after her saline implants. If she never

gets rid of the implants how will you ever know if the problems she is

having will get better or not? I know it is hard but I can assure you that

after 17 months most all my problems have resolved.

As for Stanford, well lets just say I worked there and when it came time for

explant I still ended up flying to Ohio to see Dr Feng. Stanford has some

great MD's no doubt, but when it comes to implants, no one there had a clue.

Take care

< >

Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 9:14 PM

Subject: Re: Effectively Treating symptoms of IBS

>

> > May 6, 2002

> >

> > EFFECTIVELY TREATING SYMPTOMS OF IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME

> >

> > NO NEED TO RELY ON A TOXIC DRUG

> >

> >

> My daugher, now 33, was dxd with this

> as a child, and as a teenager. It became

> worse after her saline implants at

> age 20. She was again dxd at age 30 at

> Stanford and was told it was becoming

> ulcerative colitis. Last year, because

> of something I read re blood types, she

> decided to try eliminating wheat--BINGO!

> It not only took a few short weeks to

> determine, but she has not had to

> watch her weight since. Many things

> contain it--even your average white bread--

> so check ingredients before purchasing.

> Health food stores carry lines of

> gluten/wheat-free breads and pastry and

> they can be found on-ine also. Many with

> silicone illnesses developed or discovered a

> gluten allergy. So I have to agree with this

> physician--that is one thing that can cause it.

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

what exactly is celiac disease?

Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 8:18 PM

Subject: RE: Re: Effectively Treating symptoms of IBS

Silicone increases the risk of celiac disease because yeast overgrowth of the gut which occurs in many women is often the precursor of celiac disease which is also known as gluten sensivitiy. I recommend dishon radishes and ginger tea to counteract the estrogen effect of silicone. .

-----Original Message-----From: Bos@... [mailto:Bos@...]Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 11:43 AM Subject: Re: Re: Effectively Treating symptoms of IBSYes, she still has the saline implants but is facing the ten-year suggested time of change with no bucks to do it--as, unfortunately, many unknowing or early implant recipients will. Her original implants were Mentor silicone (Dow) which she had changed at four years due to red, sore joints (Mentor provided new implants) UCLA did exchange and mastopexy; implants were not ruptured but had compressed breast tissue so thin that anterior capsule not removed. Had she not replaced with saline, she would have been mastectomized at age 24--in the 70s and early 80s, plastic surgeons were trained to know thin skin and would not do an augmen- tation if found (went with a "leader" in this field who told me all about this) Being very health conscious, her "wheat bread only" started at about the same time as her original implantation so objectively, the fact that it worsened at this time may not be implants-- it may be that she had more exposure to the allergen. Many of us know those with IBS who have never had implants. And, her IBS stopped completely. Re allergies--she has always shown some mild seasonal allergies, so finding there was a food allergy was a surprise in the circumstances, but not a shock. I believe this is a consideration for anyone with allergies--and I think they may be at the root of many problems, but their effects are so subtle and widespread, as not to be suspected. And It doesn't stretch my imagination a bit to consider foods and Irritable Bowel Syndrome--now. Might also mention that she started PMS with the implant exchange and does a progesterone cream schedule for it now; considering the estrogencity of silicone and the menstrual histories of a large family of women, I believe the silicone, whether encasing saline or gel, is definitely the primary factor here. Bonnie

Guest guest

What are the symptoms and how do you know if you have it?

Thanks !

Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 8:08 PM

Celiac disease is from gluten sensitivity. .

-----Original Message-----From: Heer [mailto:idagirl@...]Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 10:00 PM Subject: Re: Re: Effectively Treating symptoms of IBS

Silicone increases the risk of celiac disease because yeast overgrowth of the gut which occurs in many women is often the precursor of celiac disease which is also known as gluten sensivitiy. I recommend dishon radishes and ginger tea to counteract the estrogen effect of silicone. .

-----Original Message-----From: Bos@... [mailto:Bos@...]Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 11:43 AM Subject: Re: Re: Effectively Treating symptoms of IBSYes, she still has the saline implants but is facing the ten-year suggested time of change with no bucks to do it--as, unfortunately, many unknowing or early implant recipients will. Her original implants were Mentor silicone (Dow) which she had changed at four years due to red, sore joints (Mentor provided new implants) UCLA did exchange and mastopexy; implants were not ruptured but had compressed breast tissue so thin that anterior capsule not removed. Had she not replaced with saline, she would have been mastectomized at age 24--in the 70s and early 80s, plastic surgeons were trained to know thin skin and would not do an augmen- tation if found (went with a "leader" in this field who told me all about this) Being very health conscious, her "wheat bread only" started at about the same time as her original implantation so objectively, the fact that it worsened at this time may not be implants-- it may be that she had more exposure to the allergen. Many of us know those with IBS who have never had implants. And, her IBS stopped completely. Re allergies--she has always shown some mild seasonal allergies, so finding there was a food allergy was a surprise in the circumstances, but not a shock. I believe this is a consideration for anyone with allergies--and I think they may be at the root of many problems, but their effects are so subtle and widespread, as not to be suspected. And It doesn't stretch my imagination a bit to consider foods and Irritable Bowel Syndrome--now. Might also mention that she started PMS with the implant exchange and does a progesterone cream schedule for it now; considering the estrogencity of silicone and the menstrual histories of a large family of women, I believe the silicone, whether encasing saline or gel, is definitely the primary factor here. Bonnie

Guest guest

Thanks so much it is great to have you on here to answer questions. I have been hearing awesome things about you lately too. keep up the good work as always.

Love

Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 8:19 PM

Common symptoms are GI problems such as bloating and diarhea after wheat intake. Severe cases have weight loss and malabsorption problems. .

-----Original Message-----From: Heer [mailto:idagirl@...]Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 10:22 PM Subject: Re: Re: Effectively Treating symptoms of IBS

What are the symptoms and how do you know if you have it?

Thanks !

Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 8:08 PM

Celiac disease is from gluten sensitivity. .

-----Original Message-----From: Heer [mailto:idagirl@...]Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 10:00 PM Subject: Re: Re: Effectively Treating symptoms of IBS