RemedySpot.com

Re: humidity

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have central air and a dehumidifier in the basement but i am stuck inside...unable to do my yard work or anything with my friends.my windows are rarely open.abbj2002 wrote: HI,I also have alot of trouble with humidity. Heres what works for me.I have a dehumidifer in the bed room and I turn it on , close all doors and about 20-25 min. I'm ok. I also take licoriace root. to help nasal drainage.becky>> Humidity seems to be a problem for us all and it seems exceptionally for> here in > South Central AK. Since we usually have pretty dry heat, how does one get > humidity out of the house? Right now I am setting at 70%, it's raining and> 68> outside. That's pretty warm here and we are all walking around like zombies> > cause we just got out of a heat wave that lasted a few weeks at 70-80's.> > I have everything opened and fans blowing. Is that the trick? I just want> the> humidity to go away or at least go down to 50%. Back on the nebulizer due> to> it and am hoping to stay off the predisone, been off almost 3 months so far.> > Any suggestions?> in Alaska>annehttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/621460http://www.catster.com/cats/629724

Guest guest

The 90+ degree heat and humidity combine here in East Tennessee for a heat index of close to 100. I'm staying indoors with the AC on high and we also use the AC in the car. I can't breathe when I go outside for very long. It's like trying to breathe through a wet blanket. We also have ozone issues in this kind of heat. Stay inside as much as possible and take care everyone.

God bless you!

HI,I also have alot of trouble with humidity. Heres what works for me.I have a dehumidifer in the bed room and I turn it on , close all doors and about 20-25 min. I'm ok. I also take licoriace root. to help nasal drainage.becky>> Humidity seems to be a problem for us all and it seems exceptionally for> here in > South Central AK. Since we usually have pretty dry heat, how does one get > humidity out of the house? Right now I am setting at 70%, it's raining and> 68> outside. That's pretty warm here and we are all walking around like zombies> > cause we just got out of a heat wave that lasted a few weeks at 70-80's.> > I have everything opened and fans blowing. Is that the

trick? I just want> the> humidity to go away or at least go down to 50%. Back on the nebulizer due> to> it and am hoping to stay off the predisone, been off almost 3 months so far.> > Any suggestions?> in Alaska>

anne

http://www.dogster. com/dogs/ 621460

http://www.catster. com/cats/ 629724

Guest guest

It's funny, because I live in Oregon too, but the Eastern side of the

state. Here it is usually very dry air, but the dang wind blows so

much I never seem to get any relief! Not alot of humidity though.

We are considered a semi-arid region and have lots of sand, dust, and

tumbleweeds! It gets to 110-115* Fahrenheit in the summer.. hottest

I've ever seen was 120*! And cold, cold in the winter. My sister

lives in Portland and has to use a dehumidifer and I live in

Pendleton and have to use a humidifer! Weird, huh?

Windy, windy, windy here! I have to stay indoors with my air

conditioning on or no breathing for me

Take care all!!

Kathleen - Oregon

!

>

> I live in OR where it a cold humidity, and have gotten SOOO MUCH

better!  I used to live in Tucson and my asthma was so bad they told

me i would die if i didnt move! Im so glad i found a place i can

breathe!

>

>  

>                CAROL CARUSO

http://www.carolcaruso.fourpointmoms.com/FAQs.cpo

> http://www.carolcaruso.fourpointwellness.com/

> http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/324801_cleaning24.html

> ladyvamp5489@...

>

>

>

> humidity

>

>

> I am very sad today because I had a day trip planned and I had to

> cancel. I don't get to do much as it is so it is really upsetting to

> me to not go today. The humidity level is 90 percent..... what do

you

> guys do about humidity? Can you breath in it?

>

Guest guest

well, i was willing to move if it was better anywhere else but it

sounds like we all get hit with it ........ thanks for all of your

input.....

> >

> > I live in OR where it a cold humidity, and have gotten SOOO MUCH

> better!  I used to live in Tucson and my asthma was so bad they

told

> me i would die if i didnt move! Im so glad i found a place i can

> breathe!

> >

> >  

> >                CAROL CARUSO

> http://www.carolcaruso.fourpointmoms.com/FAQs.cpo

> > http://www.carolcaruso.fourpointwellness.com/

> > http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/324801_cleaning24.html

> > ladyvamp5489@

> >

> >

> >

> > humidity

> >

> >

> > I am very sad today because I had a day trip planned and I had to

> > cancel. I don't get to do much as it is so it is really upsetting

to

> > me to not go today. The humidity level is 90 percent..... what do

> you

> > guys do about humidity? Can you breath in it?

> >

>

Guest guest

I thought high humidity (50%+) was only a problem because it made dust

mites thrive on bedding and such... So, it's not so much the humidity

that effects us as it is the dust mites being a product of the humidity.

What does it do to people with asthma outside?

>

> Humidity seems to be a problem for us all and it seems exceptionally for

> here in

> South Central AK. Since we usually have pretty dry heat, how does

one get

> humidity out of the house? Right now I am setting at 70%, it's

raining and

> 68

> outside. That's pretty warm here and we are all walking around like

zombies

>

> cause we just got out of a heat wave that lasted a few weeks at 70-80's.

>

> I have everything opened and fans blowing. Is that the trick? I

just want

> the

> humidity to go away or at least go down to 50%. Back on the

nebulizer due

> to

> it and am hoping to stay off the predisone, been off almost 3 months

so far.

>

> Any suggestions?

> in Alaska

>

Guest guest

Good question. I use my AC a lot when it's allergy season, and also use the

air purifiers that help. It does make a difference. What I need answered is

with having an Central AC system in my home do I need the dehumidifier as

well?

Terry

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He

didn't trust me so much. ~Mother

Teddy Bear's Early Learning Program

Established August of 1992

I thought high humidity (50%+) was only a problem because it made dust mites

thrive on bedding and such... So, it's not so much the humidity that effects

us as it is the dust mites being a product of the humidity.

What does it do to people with asthma outside?

>

> Humidity seems to be a problem for us all and it seems exceptionally

> for here in South Central AK. Since we usually have pretty dry heat,

> how does

one get

> humidity out of the house? Right now I am setting at 70%, it's

raining and

> 68

> outside. That's pretty warm here and we are all walking around like

zombies

>

> cause we just got out of a heat wave that lasted a few weeks at 70-80's.

>

> I have everything opened and fans blowing. Is that the trick? I

just want

> the

> humidity to go away or at least go down to 50%. Back on the

nebulizer due

> to

> it and am hoping to stay off the predisone, been off almost 3 months

so far.

>

> Any suggestions?

> in Alaska

>

------------------------------------

Guest guest

hI.

For me high humidity makes it hard to breathe, some people the cold makes it harder to breathe,, but I am oppposite,, I can breathe better if it is not too cold, below 30 degrees F. It is very humid here and the temp today was over 100,, makes 5 days straight they said and no rain,, we have not had any this month.

Subject: RE: Re: humidityTo: asthma Date: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 6:27 PM

Good question. I use my AC a lot when it's allergy season, and also use theair purifiers that help. It does make a difference. What I need answered iswith having an Central AC system in my home do I need the dehumidifier aswell? Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that Hedidn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992 Re: humidityI thought high humidity (50%+) was only a problem

because it made dust mitesthrive on bedding and such... So, it's not so much the humidity that effectsus as it is the dust mites being a product of the humidity.What does it do to people with asthma outside? >> Humidity seems to be a problem for us all and it seems exceptionally > for here in South Central AK. Since we usually have pretty dry heat, > how doesone get > humidity out of the house? Right now I am setting at 70%, it'sraining and> 68> outside. That's pretty warm here and we are all walking around likezombies> > cause we just got out of a heat wave that lasted a few weeks at 70-80's.> > I have everything opened and fans blowing. Is that the trick? Ijust want> the>

humidity to go away or at least go down to 50%. Back on thenebulizer due> to> it and am hoping to stay off the predisone, been off almost 3 monthsso far.> > Any suggestions?> in Alaska>------------ --------- --------- ------

Guest guest

I don't think so unless you have a basement.....then you need one down there.Terry wrote: Good question. I use my AC a lot when it's allergy season, and also use theair purifiers that help. It does make a difference. What I need answered iswith having an Central AC system in my home do I need the dehumidifier aswell? Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that Hedidn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning

ProgramEstablished August of 1992-----Original Message-----From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf OfMiserableSent: Sunday, June 08, 2008 6:21 PMTo: asthma Subject: Re: humidityI thought high humidity (50%+) was only a problem because it made dust mitesthrive on bedding and such... So, it's not so much the humidity that effectsus as it is the dust mites being a product of the humidity.What does it do to people with asthma outside? >> Humidity seems to be a problem for us all and it seems exceptionally > for here in South Central AK. Since we usually

have pretty dry heat, > how doesone get > humidity out of the house? Right now I am setting at 70%, it'sraining and> 68> outside. That's pretty warm here and we are all walking around likezombies> > cause we just got out of a heat wave that lasted a few weeks at 70-80's.> > I have everything opened and fans blowing. Is that the trick? Ijust want> the> humidity to go away or at least go down to 50%. Back on thenebulizer due> to> it and am hoping to stay off the predisone, been off almost 3 monthsso far.> > Any suggestions?> in Alaska>------------------------------------

Guest guest

That's where I found a problem this am. I had a new toddler start this am and needed to grab my highchair from down there. We had a AC pump malfunction a few weeks ago and things were drying out. Well I brought up the highchair and it's damp, and bam asthma attack! I was hoping to get down there to clean so I could get these kids back down there. but there is OBVIOUSLY a mold issue, IF hubby would just listen when I tell him this stuff! Our basement if completely finished with a full kitchen full bath, one half is tiled and the other half is Berber carpet. I'm so afraid I'll have to rip out all the carpet and I don't have the funds right now to do it. UHH! I will be buying a dehumidifier for the downstairs. Thanks everyone

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of anne moodySent: Monday, June 09, 2008 12:22 AMTo: asthma Subject: RE: Re: humidity

I don't think so unless you have a basement.....then you need one down there.Terry wrote:

Good question. I use my AC a lot when it's allergy season, and also use theair purifiers that help. It does make a difference. What I need answered iswith having an Central AC system in my home do I need the dehumidifier aswell? Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that Hedidn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992-----Original Message-----From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf OfMiserableSent: Sunday, June 08, 2008 6:21 PMTo: asthma Subject: Re: humidityI thought high humidity (50%+) was only a problem because it made dust mitesthrive on bedding and such... So, it's not so much the humidity that effectsus as it is the dust mites being a product of the humidity.What does it do to people with asthma outside? >> Humidity seems to be a problem for us all and it seems exceptionally > for here in South Central AK. Since we usually have pretty dry heat, > how doesone get > humidity out of the house? Right now I am setting at 70%, it'sraining and> 68> outside. That's pretty warm here and we are all walking around likezombies> > cause we just got out of a heat wave that lasted a few weeks at 70-80's.> > I have everything opened and fans blowing. Is that the trick? Ijust want> the> humidity to go away or at least go down to 50%. Back on thenebulizer due> to> it and am hoping to stay off the predisone, been off almost 3 monthsso far.> > Any suggestions?> in Alaska>------------------------------------

Guest guest

Nicki, I live in Florida. I moved from the NY shoreline of Lake Ontario in 2006 to here. My asthma is slightly worse here than it was in NY as far as outside environmental issues are concerned. Im allergic to pollen from most sources and something is always in bloom here. The humidity depends on where you live here I guess...we live in the Tampa Bay area so theres always humidity here for the most part. As long as I keep on my medicines I do ok, except during February when Oak is in high bloom.Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news, more!

Guest guest

If you have a drain in your basement, you can get a dehumidifier with

a hose attachemnt and have it drain directly into the drain. Its So

much easier than having to empty a pan every few hours.

Catelyn

> >

> > Humidity seems to be a problem for us all and it seems

exceptionally

> > for here in South Central AK. Since we usually have pretty dry

heat,

> > how does

> one get

> > humidity out of the house? Right now I am setting at 70%, it's

> raining and

> > 68

> > outside. That's pretty warm here and we are all walking around

> zombies

> >

> > cause we just got out of a heat wave that lasted a few weeks at

70-80's.

> >

> > I have everything opened and fans blowing. Is that the trick? I

> just want

> > the

> > humidity to go away or at least go down to 50%. Back on the

> nebulizer due

> > to

> > it and am hoping to stay off the predisone, been off almost 3

months

> so far.

> >

> > Any suggestions?

> > in Alaska

> >

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Guest guest

Thanks. Yep that’s exactly the area we thought about

moving to.

Have a blessed day,

Nicki

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed,

but not in despair;

persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9

asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of FFTaz71@...

Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 8:41 PM

To: asthma

Subject: Re: humidity

Nicki, I live in Florida. I moved from the NY

shoreline of Lake Ontario in 2006 to here. My asthma is slightly worse

here than it was in NY as far as outside environmental issues are

concerned. Im allergic to pollen from most sources and something is

always in bloom here. The humidity depends on where you live here I

guess...we live in the Tampa Bay area so theres always humidity here for the

most part. As long as I keep on my medicines I do ok, except during

February when Oak is in high bloom.

Get

the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news, & more!

Guest guest

I saw my allergist on Monday morning and told her that my asthma has been bad all last week and she said it's because of the humidity and there isn't anything else she can give me.Anita W wrote: Do you only get steroid shots when you have a flare or are you taking them daily? It seems that would not help much, just one shot, I know the shot did nothing for me until I was put on a daily dose for a few weeks. Of course I just got off

three days of IV solumederol.which works great! Too bad its so hard on the body in general. Re: humidityThank you for all your comments....i feel so alone sometimes. My dr likes to amuse me by asking me to come to her daughters ball games...even she doesn't understand i can't do this weather. I live in Illinois and the humidity is 94 percent. Where is the best place to live? I have had three pred shots already this year and have gained weight so i don't want another shot yet. I have two different nebulizer meds and a rescue inhaler.>> i live here in the philippines, tropical weather.> & nbsp;> sometimes it gets hot in the afternoons and a bit chilly in the evening. & nbsp; i have attacks when there is sudden change in temperature. & nbsp; Air-con rooms triggers it more. & nbsp; > & nbsp;> newly cut grass is a real threat to me. & nbsp; specially when it just rained on a mowed lawn.>------------------------------------

Guest guest

Yeah I told my doctor Friday I can’t breathe when I go out

in the heat and humidity, and she said it is not surprising and that there is

nothing she can do except tell me to take my albuterol with me everywhere.

Have a blessed day,

Nicki

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed,

but not in despair;

persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9

[mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of Autumn

Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 6:19 AM

To: asthma

Subject: Re: Re: humidity

I saw my allergist on Monday morning and told her that my

asthma has been bad all last week and she said it's because of the humidity and

there isn't anything else she can give me.

Anita W wrote:

Do you only get steroid shots

when you have a flare or are you taking them daily? It seems that would not

help much, just one shot, I know the shot did nothing for me until I was put on

a daily dose for a few weeks. Of course I just got off three days of IV

solumederol.which works great! Too bad its so hard on the body in general.

Thank you for all your comments....i feel so alone sometimes. My dr

likes to amuse me by asking me to come to her daughters ball

games...even she doesn't understand i can't do this weather. I live in

Illinois and the humidity is 94 percent. Where is the best place to

live? I have had three pred shots already this year and have gained

weight so i don't want another shot yet. I have two different nebulizer

meds and a rescue inhaler.

>

> i live here in the philippines, tropical weather.

> & nbsp;

> sometimes it gets hot in the afternoons and a bit chilly in the

evening. & nbsp; i have attacks when there is sudden change in

temperature. & nbsp; Air-con rooms triggers it more. & nbsp;

> & nbsp;

> newly cut grass is a real threat to me. & nbsp; specially when it just

rained on a mowed lawn.

>

------------------------------------

Guest guest

Not been in a really humid place since being diagnosed, but after what you have all said, a bit worried about that as I've been told it'll be really hot and humid when I go to Cuba. I have experienced humid weather before, and v hot weather, but not both at the same time... Normally in Europe it's a dry heat when it's v hot, and humid when it gets a bit cooler.

Jenn

Tha can tek t'lass outta Yorkshire...!

Don't brand me, don't classify me, don't tell me what to wear. I'll be who I want to be, and I'm proud to be me.

Do you only get steroid shots when you have a flare or are you taking them daily? It seems that would not help much, just one shot, I know the shot did nothing for me until I was put on a daily dose for a few weeks. Of course I just got off three days of IV solumederol.which works great! Too bad its so hard on the body in general.

Re: humidityThank you for all your comments....i feel so alone sometimes. My dr likes to amuse me by asking me to come to her daughters ball games...even she doesn't understand i can't do this weather. I live in Illinois and the humidity is 94 percent. Where is the best place to live? I have had three pred shots already this year and have gained weight so i don't want another shot yet. I have two different nebulizer meds and a rescue inhaler.>> i live here in the philippines, tropical weather.> & nbsp;> sometimes it gets

hot in the afternoons and a bit chilly in the evening. & nbsp; i have attacks when there is sudden change in temperature. & nbsp; Air-con rooms triggers it more. & nbsp; > & nbsp;> newly cut grass is a real threat to me. & nbsp; specially when it just rained on a mowed lawn.>------------------------------------