RemedySpot.com

More info from Dr Fengs website

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

DR. FENG'S BASIC PHILOSOPHY:

To view each and every case as a challenge to transform something ordinary, damaged, or unusual into a beautiful masterpiece. Her vision to foresee the end results and her uncanny ability to create perfect harmony and beautiful lines, are some of the keys to her success.

DR. FENG'S SURGICAL INSTRUMENTS:

Dr. Feng incorporates some of the the finest instrumentation in microsurgery into her cosmetic surgery cases. These high quality instruments offer her more precision and flexibility and result in less damage to the tissue, nerves and blood vessels. For example, she uses an ophthalmology knife to cut with versus a regular scalpel. This tool has a thinner blade, is extremely sharp and precise and requires her to wear magnification lenses in order to see where she is cutting. Not only are her instruments more precise, they offer more gentle handling of the skin which results in quicker and better healing.

DR. FENG'S SUTURING TECHNIQUE:

Suturing, or sewing of the skin, is an artform in itself and this is an area where Dr. Feng excels. Her technique involves a methodical plan which begins with very precise cutting of the skin to ensure the edges can be brought together tightly, without any overlap. She then meticulously hides the sutures beneath the skin so there is no railroad appearance to the suture line. The end result is an almost-seamless incision with very minimal scars, that continue to heal and fade over time. The closest analogy to describe her technique would be the expert repair of a broken china cup, where the fracture line disappears because the two edges meet so perfectly and precisely.

DR. FENG'S PLACEMENT OF INCISIONS:

Artistic ability plays a significant role in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. Dr. Feng's scar technique is a thing of beauty in itself. Her philosophy is to avoid long scars and to make her incisions in the least conspicuous places whenever possible. Dr. Feng carefully plans each surgery and part of this process involves determining exactly where she will make her incisions. The method in which she bevel cuts the skin and brings it together for a perfect fit is the foundation for the resulting scars. At the same time, she is very careful not to create too much tension on the closed edges of the skin. In comparison, Dr. Feng's work reveals smaller, better quality (not as thick), and less visible scars.

DR. FENG'S TRAUMA AND BURN EXPERIENCE:

Dr. Feng's experience in the Trauma Unit of San Francisco General Hospital and New York Bellevue Hospital, both nationally recognized trauma centers, has provided her with the knowledge and skill to handle many challenging situations. Her experience in the Burn Unit at North Carolina Memorial Hospital has also provided her with valuable knowledge and experience regarding burn care, which has been applied to her post-operative care of patients who have had laser resurfacing to remove wrinkles.

Guest guest

Hi :

Apparently she does both--which this is cool. My PS does vertical and "L" but will do an anchor cut IF the patients WANTS it or like in my case when the patient is already botched with an anchor job. Take up the anchor thing with . Also, what about Mandy's pics, she has an anchor (which is a good one for an anchor)? I just am glad to hear that verticals can be obtained from Feng--esp. spending that kind of dough.

Thanks for clarifying.

Take care All,

-Marie

Guest guest

Please Contact Dr. Melmed in Dallas, and you will probably find that you will not need any kind of mastopexy with his Benelli Technique of explantation. You may contact him by email at EMelmed@.... Be certain to tell him you were referred by Martha Murdock.

Please let me know how this goes!

Blessings,

MM

Martha Murdock, DirectorNational Silicone Implant FoundationMAM-NSIF@...www.topica.com/lists/BreastImplantNews

"Knowledge Is Power"

Guest guest

:

Hi. Was the 10,000 billed to your insurance or was it all out of pocket? If there is no hospital fee involved this is WAY TOO MUCH money. When no hospital is involved it should be cheaper. of ALL the PS's I've been to, the scummy along with the good, have all charged less if the surgery is done in their facility vs. the hospital--ALL PS's. Even Gordon doesn't charge that much--not that I'd recommend him. It's good that folks like you and I can afford that but what about the women who can only afford lets say, 6,000, will Feng help them too?

Take care,

-Marie

Guest guest

I looked at her pics and I do not see the anchor that you are talking about, I don't know how you can even see since she has pretty much breast tissue that hide the creases?

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 9:01 PM

Subject: Re: More info from Dr Fengs website

Hi :Apparently she does both--which this is cool. My PS does vertical and "L" but will do an anchor cut IF the patients WANTS it or like in my case when the patient is already botched with an anchor job. Take up the anchor thing with . Also, what about Mandy's pics, she has an anchor (which is a good one for an anchor)? I just am glad to hear that verticals can be obtained from Feng--esp. spending that kind of dough.Thanks for clarifying.Take care All,-Marie

Guest guest

-Marie

I think that a good PS will always try to do what the patient asks

for of course and I am sure if a patient asks for an anchor lift that

Feng would do it also, I just don't think that she would ever do any

type of surgery that the pateint didn't want. If you told Feng you

didn't want any scar in the crease I am sure she wouldn't do it. You

have to realize that the crease incision is one of many PS's favorite

incisions to use to put in implants so that many women already have

this scar when they go for explants. I personally thank the lord that

I didn't have my implants put in this way since I would have another

scar that I wouldn't be able to hide, since my boobs are too small to

cover the crease incision.

Ps's like that incisoin to put in implants cause it is easy for them.

In @y..., perlesetlacet@a... wrote:

> Hi :

> Apparently she does both--which this is cool. My PS does vertical

and " L "

> but will do an anchor cut IF the patients WANTS it or like in my

case when

> the patient is already botched with an anchor job. Take up the

anchor thing

> with . Also, what about Mandy's pics, she has an anchor (which

is a good

> one for an anchor)? I just am glad to hear that verticals can be

obtained

> from Feng--esp. spending that kind of dough.

>

> Thanks for clarifying.

>

> Take care All,

> -Marie

Guest guest

Fengs lifts alone are not $10,000 I can see why she charged so much, my surgery took 5 hours and required so much time to cut away the capsule that it took 4 people to get that crap out of me, I am not so sure that all PS's would have been so meticulous, plus Feng operates her own surgical center so her fees are a bit more than many who operate out of a surgical center or hospital, to me the environment was worth the money, I have no regrets that I spent that money since, I now I have peace of mind that I will never need to get another surgery on my breasts again.

Mandy had a nice lift, vertical, I spoke with her and posted the comments on this board too. I also talked to today, she assured me Feng does vertical lifts, and I had no problem getting in to talk to her at all, she was very polite, she explained that Feng is super busy but that she is busy because so many women are eager to have the implants removed these days, it is difficult to get into see her but certainly not impossible.

Hi :Apparently she does both--which this is cool. My PS does vertical and "L" but will do an anchor cut IF the patients WANTS it or like in my case when the patient is already botched with an anchor job. Take up the anchor thing with . Also, what about Mandy's pics, she has an anchor (which is a good one for an anchor)? I just am glad to hear that verticals can be obtained from Feng--esp. spending that kind of dough.Thanks for clarifying.Take care All,-Marie

Guest guest

The type of lift that is appropriate depends on the patient's anatomy. Only about one half of patients require a lift and sometimes we cannot determine this until the implants are out. The women who do not need a lift tend to have smaller submuscular and noncontracted implants with the nipple areolar complex in the correct position on the chest wall. Many patients do well with an donut or asymmetrical donut lift as the typical deformity is circular as most implants are round. Sometimes a vertical lift is needed but the vertical scar is more prominent than the periareolar scar. Rarely an anchor lift is needed. Sometimes the patient has pseudoptosis and the only solution for this is a submammary resection. The complexity of this shows why plastic surgeons go through such long training periods before they are board certified. For more information see Frequently asked questions at www.plastikos.com. . PS. I am also a very busy plastic surgeon but I answer my emails and return my phone calls except for the occasional phone message that my front desk fails to get to me.

-----Original Message-----From: perlesetlacet@... [mailto:perlesetlacet@...]Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 11:23 PM Subject: Re: More info from Dr Fengs websiteTrue, the pics are blurry that's why I had asked for clarification. I asked for Kolb's opinion too. I think she'd know more about this than all of us combined.It's important to clarify which procedure is what as some of us are PS SHOPPING. There are ladies here such as our new friend from Iowa who asked for clarification and who is in search of a PS in the Midwest. Education helps. Sorry if I'm not PC. Now I too am confused on what is considered an anchor cut. According to the PS's I've gone to, it's a lollipop AND a horizontal incision under the breast in the crease. A more careful PS will have this horizontal line SHORTER, but a sloppy-assed PS's like my implanting PS made these horizontal lines long--from one end of the breast to the other. Note: Ang's breast have NO horizontal line whatsoever under her crease -- this is what I have been told is a true VERTICAL LIFT. If I'm wrong, please Dr. Kolb, correct me. I'm just going by what I've been told by various PS's. Geeeeez, had I know it would cause such a ruckus........'Night Folks.-Marie

Guest guest

Hi e,

I sincerely hope you will agree to be on the Oprah Show, Tom Brokov, Montel , etc. to speak on behalf of the BI Women --- I think you could "Hold your own" with just about any medical doctor and/or researcher you might be up against! You simply amaze me with you knowledge, plus your excellent communication skills!!!

MM

Martha Murdock, DirectorNational Silicone Implant FoundationMAM-NSIF@...www.topica.com/lists/BreastImplantNews

"Knowledge Is Power"

Guest guest

I agree and that was why up front I new going into my explant how much it would be ,there was never any change in that fee, yes it was allot of money, but like I have said not everyone has to chose Feng, yet many do for the reason that is simple she is good at what she does and people don't mind paying, if pateints was a little cheaper there is always Huang or Kolb who are both excellent as well and probably run a little bit less.

Love

Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2002 1:27 AM

To all,

It is important to remember that a physician should give you a cost for the surgery. When docs do surgeries often, they often charge one flat fee, regardless of how long or how complicated. Be sure to ask your ps for his/her cost, as well as the cost of the anesthesia, surgical suite, and recovery. Doctors have no way of knowing how difficult or easy a surgery will be, so they cannot accurately say "if your surgery is only 2 hrs long, I will charge this amt; or if your surgery is 6 hrs long, I will charge this amt." And this is especially true with plastic surgery. A ps never knows what she/he will find when they open your chest and see your implants. Dr. Huang told me up front what she would charge, which actually was a package deal with the surgery center she uses. In addition, she sent me her cost in writing, and then broke down the cost of the OR, anesthesia, and recovery room, for a grand total of $3500.

Another example is my neck surgery. The neurosurgeon charges a set fee for the surgery I had done. He anticipated a 4 hr surgery, and scheduled the OR for that amount of time. Yet my surgery went over by 2 hrs, resulting in a 6 hr surgery. Yet his cost didn't change just because the surgery was longer. What did increase my bill was the OR time.

My point is that you absolutely need to ask your ps what his/her charge is for the surgery, and then get it in writing. And this goes for any surgery anyone may need, in any specialty of medicine. If you don't get it in writing, what they tell you may differ greatly from your actual bill.

e

Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 9:47 AM

Fengs lifts alone are not $10,000 I can see why she charged so much, my surgery took 5 hours and required so much time to cut away the capsule that it took 4 people to get that crap out of me, I am not so sure that all PS's would have been so meticulous, plus Feng operates her own surgical center so her fees are a bit more than many who operate out of a surgical center or hospital, to me the environment was worth the money, I have no regrets that I spent that money since, I now I have peace of mind that I will never need to get another surgery on my breasts again.

Mandy had a nice lift, vertical, I spoke with her and posted the comments on this board too. I also talked to today, she assured me Feng does vertical lifts, and I had no problem getting in to talk to her at all, she was very polite, she explained that Feng is super busy but that she is busy because so many women are eager to have the implants removed these days, it is difficult to get into see her but certainly not impossible.

Guest guest

To all, It is important to remember that a physician should give you a cost for the surgery. When docs do surgeries often, they often charge one flat fee, regardless of how long or how complicated. Be sure to ask your ps for his/her cost, as well as the cost of the anesthesia, surgical suite, and recovery. Doctors have no way of knowing how difficult or easy a surgery will be, so they cannot accurately say "if your surgery is only 2 hrs long, I will charge this amt; or if your surgery is 6 hrs long, I will charge this amt." And this is especially true with plastic surgery. A ps never knows what she/he will find when they open your chest and see your implants. Dr. Huang told me up front what she would charge, which actually was a package deal with the surgery center she uses. In addition, she sent me her cost in writing, and then broke down the cost of the OR, anesthesia, and recovery room, for a grand total of $3500. Another example is my neck surgery. The neurosurgeon charges a set fee for the surgery I had done. He anticipated a 4 hr surgery, and scheduled the OR for that amount of time. Yet my surgery went over by 2 hrs, resulting in a 6 hr surgery. Yet his cost didn't change just because the surgery was longer. What did increase my bill was the OR time. My point is that you absolutely need to ask your ps what his/her charge is for the surgery, and then get it in writing. And this goes for any surgery anyone may need, in any specialty of medicine. If you don't get it in writing, what they tell you may differ greatly from your actual bill. e ----- Original Message ----- From: Heer Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 9:47 AM Subject: Re: More info from Dr Fengs website Fengs lifts alone are not $10,000 I can see why she charged so much, my surgery took 5 hours and required so much time to cut away the capsule that it took 4 people to get that crap out of me, I am not so sure that all PS's would have been so meticulous, plus Feng operates her own surgical center so her fees are a bit more than many who operate out of a surgical center or hospital, to me the environment was worth the money, I have no regrets that I spent that money since, I now I have peace of mind that I will never need to get another surgery on my breasts again. Mandy had a nice lift, vertical, I spoke with her and posted the comments on this board too. I also talked to today, she assured me Feng does vertical lifts, and I had no problem getting in to talk to her at all, she was very polite, she explained that Feng is super busy but that she is busy because so many women are eager to have the implants removed these days, it is difficult to get into see her but certainly not impossible. ----- Original Message ----- From: perlesetlacet@... Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 9:01 PM Subject: Re: More info from Dr Fengs website Hi :Apparently she does both--which this is cool. My PS does vertical and "L" but will do an anchor cut IF the patients WANTS it or like in my case when the patient is already botched with an anchor job. Take up the anchor thing with . Also, what about Mandy's pics, she has an anchor (which is a good one for an anchor)? I just am glad to hear that verticals can be obtained from Feng--esp. spending that kind of dough.Thanks for clarifying.Take care All,-Marie

Guest guest

Anesthesia and OR time are usually billed by the time. .

-----Original Message-----From: e Rene [mailto:e_Rene@...]Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2002 3:28 AM Subject: Re: More info from Dr Fengs website

To all,

It is important to remember that a physician should give you a cost for the surgery. When docs do surgeries often, they often charge one flat fee, regardless of how long or how complicated. Be sure to ask your ps for his/her cost, as well as the cost of the anesthesia, surgical suite, and recovery. Doctors have no way of knowing how difficult or easy a surgery will be, so they cannot accurately say "if your surgery is only 2 hrs long, I will charge this amt; or if your surgery is 6 hrs long, I will charge this amt." And this is especially true with plastic surgery. A ps never knows what she/he will find when they open your chest and see your implants. Dr. Huang told me up front what she would charge, which actually was a package deal with the surgery center she uses. In addition, she sent me her cost in writing, and then broke down the cost of the OR, anesthesia, and recovery room, for a grand total of $3500.

Another example is my neck surgery. The neurosurgeon charges a set fee for the surgery I had done. He anticipated a 4 hr surgery, and scheduled the OR for that amount of time. Yet my surgery went over by 2 hrs, resulting in a 6 hr surgery. Yet his cost didn't change just because the surgery was longer. What did increase my bill was the OR time.

My point is that you absolutely need to ask your ps what his/her charge is for the surgery, and then get it in writing. And this goes for any surgery anyone may need, in any specialty of medicine. If you don't get it in writing, what they tell you may differ greatly from your actual bill.

e

Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 9:47 AM

Guest guest

Thank you e. It's nice having you and your medical expertise here! Yep, get it in writing! You clearly got good care at a more than fair price. It is so nice to hear that.

-Marie

Guest guest

Yes, Kolb is right. When I was explanted in the hospital, I was charged according to the allotted time it would take for me to be explanted. I have found though in private PS's office, a flat fee of the OR cost and procedure is figured out PRIOR to the surgery. When I had my first surgery from jackass (lipo, implants, lift--five hours) the OR cost in his office was the same as the bs scar revision of 2 1/2 hours.