RemedySpot.com

New: Carolyn

Rate this topic

Guest guest

..Hi, I'm new to the group. I've been lurking and enjoying learning from all of you. Here's my history:I've had excema and seborrheic dermatitis all my life.I've had hay fever since teens.

On entering perimenopause, I developed multiple (more than 50) food allergies and rosacea.Had a hysterectomy and found adenomyosis, which is a type of endometriosis.Then as a result of all those allergies, about a year ago I developed eosinophilic pneumonia.

And now I get exercise-induced asthma.Currently, I'm taking one puff of Azmacort, once a day, to prevent another return of the e-pneumonia. Even so, I still cough up (pardon me for the grossness) thick chunks of yellow gunk. And the doc told me to take a puff of Ventolin prior to exercise, but since I've been slacking since Christmas, I haven't tried it yet.

On a dietary level, I'm trying to add coconut oil whenever possible, since it promotes lung health. Also, I've been reading about the anti-inflammatory benefits of turmeric, so I had some on my rice last night. Interestingly, this morning there was a lot less phlegm coughed up than usual, and my lungs feel more ... hmmm, *calm*, if you know what I mean. More elastic. I don't know if that's attributable to the turmeric, but I'll be continuing the experiment and hope to see further improvement.

Here's wishing all of you a free-breathing 2008!Carolyn