RemedySpot.com

Peak Flow Meters

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everyone,This site has a copy of what an asthma action plan looks like and what the different categories mean: http://www.asthmaactionplan.com/ Basically, it works like a traffic light. If your peak flows are green, you're good to go. If you're in "yellow," that means that you should be cautious and follow the extra medicines in that zone that your doctor prescribes. If you're in the "red" zone, you need to seek emergency medical attention. Your physician can (and should) complete each of these categories for you at a regular office visit and train you how to take your peak flows so you know which category you're in. I had a bunch of free peak flow

meters from doctors/hospitals, but the one that I like the best is the Microlife PF 100 Peak Flow Meter for Spirometry with FEV1. (I'm by no means endorsing this--just saying it's my favorite!) It's easy to blow into, its readings are accurate, and it tells you if there is an error (as in too much coughing or wheezing for an accurate reading). I found this on Amazon, but I'm sure other places sell it as well.I know there is some software that you can buy with some peak flow meters that will work with the computer, but I don't worry about it. This little peak flow meter that I like holds over 200 of my peak flows, so it's almost as if I am "recording" the information.Be well!

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.