RemedySpot.com

Re: hoophouse/dairy farm in PA can't keep up with demand!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We had some pretty harsh winds this week - flipped a wooden chicken hut that takes two people to move it is so heavy and only maybe 2 1/2 x 4 feet but the hoop houses - one with a wood frame two pamels , one with two panels and held to metal fence posts and one single with metal fence posts - all stayed up just fine. Even the tarps that cover them came out okay. I can email you pictures of them if you want. These were probably 55-65 mph winds and very gusty. aliza Hay man suggested a hoop house. Might check into it. he said you can get them real reasonable and they do well. Although my wind here might nt work w/ it.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Commercial 'hoop' houses for hay storage and livestock housing will

do better in high winds than your standard types of hay/stock barns.

Premier 1 has used them for several decades now in Idaho and done

well. They have been heavily used in Minnisota and Wisconsin, too,

for decades. Around here folks are just starting to use them and

really like them. I would LOVE to have one as a livestock barn!!

Biggest drawback to them is you do have to pay attention to ensuring

all is maintained properly. This, for most part means making sure

what needs to be TIGHT, is; and what needs to be LOOSE, is.

Donna

Safehaven Nubians

Dandridge, TN

>

> We had some pretty harsh winds this week - flipped a wooden chicken

hut that takes two people to move it is so heavy and only maybe 2 1/2

x 4 feet but the hoop houses - one with a wood frame two pamels , one

with two panels and held to metal fence posts and one single with

metal fence posts - all stayed up just fine. Even the tarps that

cover them came out okay. I can email you pictures of them if you

want. These were probably 55-65 mph winds and very gusty.

>

> aliza

>

> Hay man suggested a hoop house. Might check into it. he said you

can

> get them real reasonable and they do well. Although my wind here

> might nt work w/ it.

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

>

donna

we have three CoverAll hoop buildings we use for pigs and the do all right for us.

ro

Re: hoophouse/dairy farm in PA can't keep up with demand!

Commercial 'hoop' houses for hay storage and livestock housing will do better in high winds than your standard types of hay/stock barns. Premier 1 has used them for several decades now in Idaho and done well. They have been heavily used in Minnisota and Wisconsin, too, for decades. Around here folks are just starting to use them and really like them. I would LOVE to have one as a livestock barn!!Biggest drawback to them is you do have to pay attention to ensuring all is maintained properly. This, for most part means making sure what needs to be TIGHT, is; and what needs to be LOOSE, is. DonnaSafehaven NubiansDandridge, TN>> We had some pretty harsh winds this week - flipped a wooden chicken hut that takes two people to move it is so heavy and only maybe 2 1/2 x 4 feet but the hoop houses - one with a wood frame two pamels , one with two panels and held to metal fence posts and one single with metal fence posts - all stayed up just fine. Even the tarps that cover them came out okay. I can email you pictures of them if you want. These were probably 55-65 mph winds and very gusty. > > aliza> > Hay man suggested a hoop house. Might check into it. he said you can > get them real reasonable and they do well. Although my wind here > might nt work w/ it.> > > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1213 - Release Date: 1/7/2008 9:14 AM