RemedySpot.com

Re: Military and Implants

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Did you all know that if you have implants, be it silicone or saline, you can't get into OCS in the US Navy? My friend recently talked to a recruiter about Officer's Candidate School and one of the FIRST questions they ask concerning health is do you or did you ever have breast implants. If the answer is "yes" that's the end of your chances--you're gone. My friend asked the recruiter why, he said it's a real "risk factor" and they don't want sick women joining the Armed Forces.

Funny, I wonder why the rest of the gov't (FDA) does not take a more firm stand on this issue. If the military perceives them as a potential health hazard--but the FDA doesn't kind of makes me wonder who's paying who.........

Just a thought.

-Marie

Guest guest

That is interesting, and listen to this to add insult to injury, they may not let the women get implants, but they will let the wifes of military men get them for a reduced fee of around $800 that is our tax dollar at work, I realize that they do need plastic surgeons in the army navy etc to practice on people to but really free or near free implants, sickens me.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2002 1:11 AM

Subject: Re: Military and Implants

Did you all know that if you have implants, be it silicone or saline, you can't get into OCS in the US Navy? My friend recently talked to a recruiter about Officer's Candidate School and one of the FIRST questions they ask concerning health is do you or did you ever have breast implants. If the answer is "yes" that's the end of your chances--you're gone. My friend asked the recruiter why, he said it's a real "risk factor" and they don't want sick women joining the Armed Forces.Funny, I wonder why the rest of the gov't (FDA) does not take a more firm stand on this issue. If the military perceives them as a potential health hazard--but the FDA doesn't kind of makes me wonder who's paying who.........Just a thought.-Marie