RemedySpot.com

Fwd: Raw Milk for sale at Rosewood Market

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,I just received this email below from one of our local health Food Stores. Raw Milk sales are legal in SC, so I really do not understand this action. Can anyone here tell me where I can go to help the market fight this action?Terri in SCBasil Garzia wrote: Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 18:49:32 -0500To: "Raw Milk Customer of Rosewood Market" Subject: Raw Milk for sale at Rosewood Market Hi, DHEC has threatened Rosewood Market with loss of our permit to sell deli food if we continue to offer raw milk for sale in the store. Therefore, we have temporarily changed the way we sell milk to conform to their wishes.

We are taking orders for raw cow milk and will sell it outside the store, farmers market style, on Friday and every other week after until further notice. Please respond to this e-mail with the number of gallons you would like. The deadline to order is Thursday evening at 8:30pm. Pick up your milk between 12 and 6 Friday January 11. If you have already left your order with someone by phone or in person, no need to respond. We will do everything possible to fill your order, but please allow us some flexibility in order to meet everyone's needs. We had to order the milk yesterday before this e-mail went out, so we don't know if we will have enough for everyone, but we should come close. The intention is to do this every other week until the situation with DHEC is resolved and

we can once again sell milk in the store or make other arrangements. When you pick up your milk, please have exact change in cash or check-- $7.00 per gallon, includes sales tax (no credit cards). We appologize for the price increase, but we have new expenses (ice, gasoline) in order to sell this product. We may also be incurring legal expenses to appeal the DHEC decision. If you want goat milk, please say so when you respond to this e-mail. We ordered only a few of those half gallons, but will order more next time if you need. If you have questions, please respond via e-mail and I'll get back to you. Remember, milk will only be sold 11-6 on Friday January 11, 2008. Next sale will be Friday Jan 25th. I will e-mail you

prior to each sale to get your order. Sincerely, Basil

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.