RemedySpot.com

Kirby Greene, 'the Old Buck' of Dalton, Minnesota

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Kirby Greene is my real name, but for many years now, it's usually just the Old Buck... I live on a small farm by Dalton, MN in Ottertail County , which is in west central MN about 30 miles east of where ND & SD meet. My e-mail address is odcf5@... My kids are all grown now, but when they were small and growing up, we used to get our milk from a neighbor farmer who had Holsteins like all the rest of the local farmers; but he also had ONE guernsey cow. We arranged to get our milk from that Guernsey, and many times we walked over to Old Ted's farm and watched him milk that old cow and then filled our two-gallon milk can with a cover... I still hanker to have a critter or two to milk on this place; whether or not I do, I am still convinced that milk - the way it comes

from the cow (or the goat) is the ideal way Mother Nature designed it to be used to our best advantage! I grew up in Minneapolis drinking Golden Guernsey milk from the milkman... This was in the days before homoginization because I can still recall the thick layer of cream that filled the top of the milk bottles, hence the choice of the neighbors Guernsey cow was for me, a no brainer. the Old Buck Would you like a brand new car? What color? And at no cost to you! http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Wealthmaster-2008

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.