RemedySpot.com

Re: Re:thoughts on this if you have the time

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Leanne,

I face your same issues on a daily basis and would love to have a chat with you for sure.

Perhaps we could get together sometime?

As you may know (?) I had that surgery in September and financially did not find it expensive. I have a great PS, who even without discount as I have known him 20 years is still exceptionally reasonable.

I was back at work in 3 weeks....Ali

To: SydBand From: devilnall@...Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:45:52 +1100Subject: Re:thoughts on this if you have the time

Hello to all

Just want some thoughts I posted on the mad MSG board but thought I would ask here too

Just a question...I think most of us set goals....for our loss....and I imagine I'm not the only one who keeps moving the goal post.....when is enough...enough

Do you go by your BMI....or how you feel...or maybe how you look???

My dear friend (male) tentatively said to me yesterday....its time to stop....your legs are skin and bone.....now this was said gently....no malice he is my best friend and has encouraged me every step of the way

So give me some thoughts....for those who have reached goal when did you know....for those still on the journey have you made an end point in your journey

I feel I want to lose a few more kilo's...I'm only 5'2" and just now sitting on 25 BMI

My clothes size is erratic I have a size 8/10 bum n thighs but a definite size 12 waist for fitted pants

Size 10 for a less fitted pants so my jeans remain baggy due to the waist

My GP agrees that my tummy n midrift is just skin and not fat

The thighs can be camouflaged with clothes the tummy area is however much harder to disguise

Yes I need a tummy tuck and that would solve some of this but I'm not sure it is or will ever be within my

Reach finacially.....the thighs are dreadful can pick up huge handfuls of skin

But he is right the loose skin on my thighs seems to have doubled overnight...rofl....I have had loose skin for months but yep its doubled....

Just interested in any thoughts

Hugs

Leeanne

Banded Sept 2007 weight 130kgsTodays weight 64kgs

Download free emoticons today! Holiday cheer from Messenger.

Hello,

I am the same height as you, have only just had my band done 5 weeks ago, and have a long way to go.

I will say years ago I went to weight watchers and they set my goal weight at 58kgs, I got there, for about 2 weeks lol, but around that time I was very thin and you could see my rib cage. Going on this I've set my goal not at 63kg's (knowing I needed an extra 5kgs) but I think with a goal weight you need to be flexible and see how you look and feel along the way.

Maybe the tummy tuck is the way to go and see from there. I am sure you know your body and just need to have a think about it and decide.

Best of luck.

Jade

-----Original Message-----From: SydBand [mailto:SydBand ] On Behalf Of devilnallSent: Monday, December 15, 2008 9:46 AMTo: SydBand Subject: Re:thoughts on this if you have the time

Hello to all

Just want some thoughts I posted on the mad MSG board but thought I would ask here too

Just a question...I think most of us set goals....for our loss....and I imagine I'm not the only one who keeps moving the goal post.....when is enough...enough

My dear friend (male) tentatively said to me yesterday....its time to stop....your legs are skin and bone.....now this was said gently....no malice he is my best friend and has encouraged me every step of the way

So give me some thoughts....for those who have reached goal when did you know....for those still on the journey have you made an end point in your journey

I feel I want to lose a few more kilo's...I'm only 5'2" and just now sitting on 25 BMI

My clothes size is erratic I have a size 8/10 bum n thighs but a definite size 12 waist for fitted pants

The thighs can be camouflaged with clothes the tummy area is however much harder to disguise

Yes I need a tummy tuck and that would solve some of this but I'm not sure it is or will ever be within my

But he is right the loose skin on my thighs seems to have doubled overnight...rofl....I have had loose skin for months but yep its doubled....

Hugs

Leeanne

Hi Ali

If I had a tummy tuck I would kinda have the hourglass shape

I still have boobs.....albeit soft n squishy....but still have some

Lost my bum then started exercising daily and found it again

Now its gone yet again.....have had 2 weeks without usual exercise as been in tassie

We get ourselves into a bit of a quandary I guess never satisfied

Hugs Leeanne

-- Re:thoughts on this if you have the time

Hello to all

Hugs

Leeanne

Download free emoticons today! Holiday cheer from Messenger.

Thanks Jade

Yes I originally said I would be thrilled to be a size 16 rofl

And I was and didn't ever think I would lose so much

But now I think I have to make some decisions if I have lost enough

Never thought it was something I had to ever give any thought to

Our perception gets a bit skewered I think well mine is as I have been obese since a toddler

So I suppose I don't really know what normal is

Hugs Leeanne

-- RE: Re:thoughts on this if you have the time

Hello,

I am the same height as you, have only just had my band done 5 weeks ago, and have a long way to go.

I will say years ago I went to weight watchers and they set my goal weight at 58kgs, I got there, for about 2 weeks lol, but around that time I was very thin and you could see my rib cage. Going on this I've set my goal not at 63kg's (knowing I needed an extra 5kgs) but I think with a goal weight you need to be flexible and see how you look and feel along the way.

Maybe the tummy tuck is the way to go and see from there. I am sure you know your body and just need to have a think about it and decide.

Best of luck.

Jade

-----Original Message-----From: SydBand [mailto:SydBand ] On Behalf Of devilnallSent: Monday, December 15, 2008 9:46 AMTo: SydBand Subject: Re:thoughts on this if you have the time

Hello to all

Hugs

Leeanne

Hi Hun

sigh....yes I know your right

I have lost my bum again...which is sad really cause a few weeks ago I had a curve there

I do the stomach exercises n stuff and have a few small muscles now

I'm beginning to think I will never be satifsfied....groan

But I still feel another 5 kgs would be good to lose rofl

Haven't seen my doctor since early July

But have an appt for mid January so I think I will see what he thinks

And in the mean time just continue to try n drop of few pounds

It is misleading when we have the excess skin it isn't giving us the real picture

Hugs Leeanne

Hiya Leeanne

Like you, for me its a goal post that I keep on changing and have no

idea where I pluck my numbers from. I do want to get to 68kg so I am at

normal bmi, but then I am pretty happy where I am on the whole so I dont

know if I am going to change it. I would like to wake up tomorrow, be

10kg lighter and not have any saggy skin. My stomach sounds like yours

- its just a whole lotta skin there, no fat apparently. All my fat is

rather attractively stored in my saddle bags - gotta love that. My

surgeon tells me that I need to do stomach exercises because even if I

wanted a TT it would be more successful if I had a few months of muscle

building etc. Not likely to happen, I am a slacker.

I guess bottom line is that you have to be happy, you have to listen to

your Doctor and those around you that know and care about you. They

have opinions and are usually valid. When I was 65kg I was too skinny,

I looked sick I looked ghastly. I dont want to be like that again, but

I dont want to just be where I am right now.

------------------------------------

PLEASE NOTE: If you experience any problems with any surgeons, doctors or other health professionals and their Code Of Conduct at any stage of your band journey, the arena you need to discuss this will be within the privacy of their surgery or rooms, with them not us.

This is not a forum to air any grievances or defame a professional persons' reputation in any way, even if they have upset you immensely. Some Doctors are members of this group and may well read what you have said about them, and anything defamatory you say could lead to legal action being taken against you by the professional discussed.

This is also not a forum to defame or slander any member on this site. We are individuals with different opinions and need to respect each other and each other's opinion. This journey is about support for all of us.

hehehehe

Yes, the excess skin is an issue, it is a self esteem thing because even

tho you are in the weight range of a clothing size, you cant wear that

because the skin issues. I would need to be ring barked to even begin

to look normal.

------------------------------------

PLEASE NOTE: If you experience any problems with any surgeons, doctors or other health professionals and their Code Of Conduct at any stage of your band journey, the arena you need to discuss this will be within the privacy of their surgery or rooms, with them not us.

This is not a forum to air any grievances or defame a professional persons' reputation in any way, even if they have upset you immensely. Some Doctors are members of this group and may well read what you have said about them, and anything defamatory you say could lead to legal action being taken against you by the professional discussed.

This is also not a forum to defame or slander any member on this site. We are individuals with different opinions and need to respect each other and each other's opinion. This journey is about support for all of us.

Hehehehe I hope so too

No, you perhaps wont ever be satisfied, but I think you have to find a spot and make peace with yourself. You have done fantastically well, you should be so very proud of yourself. I hope you find your bum again

Hi Leeanne

Would love to learn more about yoru journey. I have PCOS and was banded Sep 08. Have lost around 10k (not as much as I would have liked to) but in terms of clothes has gone from 22-22 bottoms to 16-18; and 18-10 top to 14-16. Feel like my boobs are pancakes too! lol.. I started at 101k/ 5'2 and would love to be where you are now... pleassssseeeee shareeeee your amazing success story

CheersKriti

Hello to all

I feel I want to lose a few more kilo's...I'm only 5'2 " and just now sitting on 25 BMI

Hugs

Leeanne

Hi Kriti

Its not amazing Hun there are so many in here with wonderful stories

Of their journey and like all of us its hard work all the way rofl

But I admit once I got restriction I also lost most of my hunger so that has helped me heaps

And I have been strict since day one and counted calories....not for everyone I know

But for me it works and I even do my own sort of exercise which isnt perhaps what many do

But I have chronic pain in knee n hip n various spots so I do my own version of exercise but

Do it every day

For me I was on a quest rofl

My folks paid for 2 yrs of private health ins and as they are quite aged

I wanted them to see the results so it sort of gave me a mission....which at times has felt

A little like pressure but it wasn't from them its the pressure I put myself under

I have had 4 fills n one unfill and havent needed any since early July

I am so thankful to have gotten to that sweet spot with almost no problems along the way

Only one overfill and our dear was at the end of her fone for me that day and gave me

So much reassurance and helped me no end

I do have a tight band, and at least a couple of times a week I will p/b but usually I have either eaten to fast

Or I'm very stressed.....stress plays havoc with these little bands

I chose to be tight...I returned to tassie for my banding so go home for all fills etc, once I realised I could manage

Easily with I tight band I chose to stay like that

We are all very different Hun and do this in our individual way

Good work on your loss so far its not easy but so very worth it

Hugs Leeanne

-- Re: Re:thoughts on this if you have the time

Hi Leeanne

Would love to learn more about yoru journey. I have PCOS and was banded Sep 08. Have lost around 10k (not as much as I would have liked to) but in terms of clothes has gone from 22-22 bottoms to 16-18; and 18-10 top to 14-16. Feel like my boobs are pancakes too! lol.. I started at 101k/ 5'2 and would love to be where you are now... pleassssseeeee shareeeee your amazing success story

CheersKriti

Hello to all

Hugs

Leeanne