RemedySpot.com

Re: Home In Australia > Rob

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Good to hear that you are home Rob... lol... that sounded like what it was like at the old Bangkok aiport when I was there two years ago... men with machine guns, people getting nasty, queues... no air con, thank goodness for the nice new airport, hope the protestors haven't ruined that lovely new building.

s friend is stuck on Kho Samui and was due to fly out tomorrow evening from Bangkok... she has been told that her and her friend are not going anywhere for at least 5 days... she is not worried though, as she said, could be worse places to be stuck for a few extra days. She was offered transport back to Bangkok and declined it, better off where she is she figured.

I am pleased that you will go back, it is a beautiful country with beautiful people... great shopping and food. Ohhh... I think I need a Thai food fix!!!

Mel

>> Hi Everyone> > Well my dear friends we are now safely back home in Australia, but not> without our fair share of dramas...... The holiday was brilliant, such a> lovely country, the people were wonderful, but I am a bit over Thai Food for> many months, except for Poached Bananas in Coconut Cream and Condensed> Milk.... Very Nice........ lol...> > > > We were very well treated during the islands Tour and in Bangkok, we flew> out on the flight that we were scheduled on, we just had to Amazing Race it> out to the Military Airbase from Bangkok, our tour guide was brilliant,> CHAOS was what we went into, Pok said there were around 100000 people, over> the airport, and surrounds, ... Read Morethe terminal about the size of> town... it was overflowing with people, flight departures were> written on pieces of paper and stuck on the glass windows, even though it is> an international air base it has 3 check in desks...... but it was> reassuring having soldiers around, knowing that protesters would not venture> in and disrupt the flights trying to get out.........> > It was hot, frustrating, not a plan in sight, people were fainting and> collapsing, people were getting injured, it was horrific, we should have> left at 5.30pm, instead it was midnight, most of that time checking in..> They kept closing the terminal, there was not room to move/.... One guy> jabbed me in the back, and pushed me to try to get the line to move, we had> nowhere to go.... so I lifted my right leg up backwards, and kicked back up> into his gonads, he left me alone after that....lol...... > > So after a 15 hour overnight train tip from Trang In South Thailand, to> Bangkok on Friday night, then fighting at the airport for a plane seat from> 3pm till when we finally went through immigration at 10pm then a 9 hour> flight leaving at midnight,. 5 hours back to Newcastle by shuttle, I AM> TIRED.... so off to bed now...... Will fill you in on more later....> > > > It is good to be home, plans now under way for where we go to next lol.....> Thailand was wonderful and I would go back even with the dramas over the> airport...... There is so much shopping to do....> > > > Sorry I missed the CCB Lunch, we were looking forward to it.....> > > > Now this Jet Lagged Body is going to bed> > > > Cheers> > Rob>