RemedySpot.com

Re: My Bandiversary - tomorrow>>for kate from UmmAleah

Rate this topic

Guest guest

wow - congrats u r an inspiration.

I was banded this year in march and have had many hurdles - infections and port removal.

Port replacement will be next wed 10th December. I have lost 26 kilos and am very happy with that.

I also have wondered whether or not I shud have chosen the sleeve but reality is I have a band and I have to work with it.

Sometimes we think the grass is greener on the other side but these wls r just tools.

Congratulations again and may the next year be equally as good for you....

kind regards UmmAleah

My Bandiversary - tomorrow

Hi All,Tomorrow is my bandiversary - and since I wont' be at work - I thought I would send this post now.I started exercising and modifying my diet (ie kicking my serious "Coke" habit) a year before my surgery as I had to wait for health insurance. In that time I lost 10kg. A huge achievement for me that really gave my self confidence a boost after years of failed diets.After I got my band, I actually left hospital heavier than when I went in!! *laughs*It's been a slow process and I have lost a total of 38 kg to date. So I am down from a starting weight of 170kg and a BMI of 62.4 to 132 kg and a BMI of 49.9. I am now officially morbidly obese and NOT SUPER OBESE. This is also a huge achievement and I know I will never by super obese again!This year I have walked 10km from Gladesville to Anzac Bridge for no other purpose than because I wanted to do it. What a change! This would usually be the last thing I would suggest.I have started to RUN! Again, something I would never have done...or even wanted to do. Completing the triathlon this year was a real landmark for me. My life has changed...because I have changed it. I am not the couch potato I once was...although I still enjoy sitting on the couch...I am not limited to it or defined by it.I have started wearing my seatbelt in the car after years of not wearing it because it didn't fit. While this is a small achievement, it is really big for me as I used to be very embarassed by the fact that I couldn't wear the seatbelt.This has not been an easy year. There have been plenty of tears and anxieties about how *slow* the weight loss is. I've started taking a low dose anti-depressant to help deal with these anxieties and it has made a real difference. I've had days where I wish I had done the bypass or sleeve instead of the band. But on the whole, the band has been very good to me. Never in my life could I have imagined losing 38kg and believe that I'm still going to lose a whole lot more. While I haven't gone down as many dress sizes as I had hoped...and I've got the most bizare wrinkly skin on the tops of my boobs now...I am in a much happier and healthier place. I'm looking forward to what the next year will bring.So happy birthday to my band! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray!Love Kate

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1827 - Release Date: 12/3/2008 5:41 PM

happy bandiversary kate,

you have achieved a whole lot more than most people can even dream of, the funny skin is a reminder of where you came from and is a part of who you are, im sure that 2009 will continue to shower you with success....

Helen

Subject: Re: My Bandiversary - tomorrow>>for kate from UmmAleahTo: SydBand Received: Wednesday, 3 December, 2008, 4:42 PM

wow - congrats u r an inspiration.

I was banded this year in march and have had many hurdles - infections and port removal.

Port replacement will be next wed 10th December. I have lost 26 kilos and am very happy with that.

I also have wondered whether or not I shud have chosen the sleeve but reality is I have a band and I have to work with it.

Sometimes we think the grass is greener on the other side but these wls r just tools.

Congratulations again and may the next year be equally as good for you....

kind regards UmmAleah

My Bandiversary - tomorrow

Hi All,Tomorrow is my bandiversary - and since I wont' be at work - I thought I would send this post now.I started exercising and modifying my diet (ie kicking my serious "Coke" habit) a year before my surgery as I had to wait for health insurance. In that time I lost 10kg. A huge achievement for me that really gave my self confidence a boost after years of failed diets.After I got my band, I actually left hospital heavier than when I went in!! *laughs*It's been a slow process and I have lost a total of 38 kg to date. So I am down from a starting weight of 170kg and a BMI of 62.4 to 132 kg and a BMI of 49.9. I am now officially morbidly obese and NOT SUPER OBESE. This is also a huge achievement and I know I will never by super obese again!This year I have walked 10km from Gladesville to Anzac Bridge for no other purpose than because I wanted to do it. What a change!

This would usually be the last thing I would suggest.I have started to RUN! Again, something I would never have done...or even wanted to do. Completing the triathlon this year was a real landmark for me. My life has changed...because I have changed it. I am not the couch potato I once was...although I still enjoy sitting on the couch...I am not limited to it or defined by it.I have started wearing my seatbelt in the car after years of not wearing it because it didn't fit. While this is a small achievement, it is really big for me as I used to be very embarassed by the fact that I couldn't wear the seatbelt.This has not been an easy year. There have been plenty of tears and anxieties about how *slow* the weight loss is. I've started taking a low dose anti-depressant to help deal with these anxieties and it has made a real difference. I've had days where I wish I had done the bypass

or sleeve instead of the band. But on the whole, the band has been very good to me. Never in my life could I have imagined losing 38kg and believe that I'm still going to lose a whole lot more. While I haven't gone down as many dress sizes as I had hoped...and I've got the most bizare wrinkly skin on the tops of my boobs now...I am in a much happier and healthier place. I'm looking forward to what the next year will bring.So happy birthday to my band! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray!Love Kate

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1827 - Release Date: 12/3/2008 5:41 PM

Start your day with Yahoo!7 and win a Sony Bravia TV. Enter now.