RemedySpot.com

Re: First three month visit with Dr. R

Rate this topic

Guest guest

First, I would not take that folder anywhere except to a place to make copies, such as Kinko's. I would be afraid of losing it. If you have had labs, imaging or other procedures from other docs since you last saw him, you might want to provide copies of those reports for him to keep, along with copies of anything else that he has asked for. You could mail all of that, if it is too much to carry. Unless you have a question about a particular item, I would not be concerned about bringing it to the appointment. Do bring your list of

temps. Cauley wrote: I am flying to Lubbock on Tuesday for my first three-month follow up. Since I am flying, I don't want to take too much. Do I have to

take my folder with all my records? Has anyone wished they had it? I have been taking my temps which have ranged from 96.2 (probably because it was 94 inside the house as we forgot to turn on the heater) to 98.2. Not sure what to read from that. Still real tired but better than three months ago. I obviously need an increase in armour as I am only on 1/2 grain a day. I did have a panic attack after Christmas from all the stress and having my first fight with my MIL in twenty years. The anxiety is slowly going away from that. I hope it won't affect my ability to increase the armour as I had no anxiety before the panic attack hit. So, any advice you guys can give me for this visit is appreciated.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Basal body temps are taken in the armpit with a mercury thermometer before getting out of bed or moving. (You shake down the thermometer before going to bed.)They are one indicator of one's thyroid status.

Armour Thyroid doses are measured in milligrams or grains. A 60 mg or one grain tablet contains 9 mcg of T3 and 38 mcg of T4. $ynthroid is T4 only.

Most docs will Rx Armour, as my quilt block on the home page suggests, "when pigs fly. . . ."

> >> > I am flying to Lubbock on Tuesday for my first three-month follow > up. Since> > I am flying, I don't want to take too much. Do I have to take my > folder> > with all my records? Has anyone wished they had it?> > > > I have been taking my temps which have ranged from 96.2 (probably > because it> > was 94 inside the house as we forgot to turn on the heater) to > 98.2. Not> > sure what to read from that. Still real tired but better than > three months> > ago. I obviously need an increase in armour as I am only on 1/2 > grain a> > day. I did have a panic attack after Christmas from all the stress > and> > having my first fight with my MIL in twenty years. The anxiety is > slowly> > going away from that. I hope it won't affect my ability to > increase the> > armour as I had no anxiety before the panic attack hit.> > > > So, any advice you guys can give me for this visit is appreciated.> > > >

Thanks Jan. I gave him copies of every important test I had done last visit so I don't think I need to take my copies. You are right, not worth losing.

First, I would not take that folder anywhere except to a place to make copies, such as Kinko's. I would be afraid of losing it.

If you have had labs, imaging or other procedures from other docs since you last saw him, you might want to provide copies of those reports for him to keep, along with copies of anything else that he has asked for. You could mail all of that, if it is too much to carry.

Unless you have a question about a particular item, I would not be concerned about bringing it to the appointment.

Do bring your list of temps.

Cauley wrote:

I am flying to Lubbock on Tuesday for my first three-month follow up. Since I am flying, I don't want to take too much. Do I have to take my folder with all my records? Has anyone wished they had it?

I have been taking my temps which have ranged from 96.2 (probably because it was 94 inside the house as we forgot to turn on the heater) to 98.2. Not sure what to read from that. Still real tired but better than three months ago. I obviously need an increase in armour as I am only on 1/2 grain a day. I did have a panic attack after Christmas from all the stress and having my first fight with my MIL in twenty years. The anxiety is slowly going away from that. I hope it won't affect my ability to increase the armour as I had no anxiety before the panic attack hit.

So, any advice you guys can give me for this visit is appreciated.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. -- CauleyHome Cell