RemedySpot.com

Re: New Member and wanting feedback

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If you would like to post the lab results that you do have, we may be able to make some suggestions.

Other tests might include

Free T3 (direct)

Free T4 (direct)

8 am cortisol

ferritin

DHEA-S

estradiol, estrone

progesterone

total testosterone

B6, B12 and folacin

Most endos are TSH-worshipping $ynthroid Nazis, and the few who are willing to prescribe Armour or Cytomel keep most of their patients undermedicated.

One of our better thyroid docs is in ville: Launius. He is unwilling to Rx hydrocortisone, but often prescribes DHEA, which is sufficient for some folks with adrenal fatigue. If you are truly hypo-adrenal and need HC, then you will have to travel. A lot of us travel to Lubbock to see Steve . Ron Manzanero in Austin is the only other doc we know of who treats adrenals and keeps folks on a large enough dose of thyroid. Bessie Owens in Mesquite will Rx HC short term, but then wants you to wean off of it.

-- In Texas_Thyroid_Groups , "pj_rosen" wrote:>> I was diagnosed with Hashimotos/Hypo in February this last year. > After unsuccessful treatment with Synthroid my thyroid continued to > grow and more nodules formed. My endo in ville recommended > surgery since I was having difficulty swallowing and breathing while > lying down. My thyroid was not huge but intead was compressing my > windpipe and was found to be wrapped around my esophagus after years > of having undiagnosed Hashi. I traveled to Austin at the end of > November to have Dr. Anders Rosendahl perform the surgery. All he > performs is thyroid surgeries and did a wonderful job with a > difficult surgery.> > It's now back to seeing my endo and getting on the right > medication/treatment plan for me. I am greatful to have found this > group since I feel I could really use some feedback after all the > research I have been doing over the last 6 weeks. I do feel that I > am suffering from Adrenal fatique and am also peri-menipausal. I > have a 19 month old and a 35 month old and know that my body has been > taxed over the course of the last 4 years due to other health issues > too.> > My endo looks to be a numbers and synthroid guy on the surface but > when I press for him to look at my symptoms he has always been > willing to up my dosage. My problem is that he only test the thyroid > panels. I think that if I go to him with a list of test I would like > done, he may order them.> > My question to the group is: What other blood test are typically > done for hypothyroid patients who are looking for a well rounded > health evaluation and treatment plan.> > I look forward to learning from everyones experiences and thoughts so > that I can be the best mother and wife my family needs me to be.> > Thanks,> > Penny>