RemedySpot.com

Re: Jul

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I see Dr Owens also, I live in Waxahachie - 30 min drive away and I just tell Ron that I am not and can not drive back over there to pick up labs and that he can mail them to me. I do not understand their reluctance in doing this, but I refuse to make the drive back over. And now that they are moving to Rowlett it will be even more of a MAJOR inconvience to make the drive, even to just see her, let alone go back and get lab work. Tell your friend to talk with Ron to get the labs mailed. You cannot talk with anyone else, he is the only one.

Christi Randall

www.singingwomenoftexas.com

JulHi Jul,My friend, Ginger that started using Dr Owens just before you has the same frustrations, she wont mail or fax any labs, she says you must come pick them up !Blessings, Pam

Talk to the office manager. You may have better luck with him. When Dr. Owens moves, please send me the new address and phone number, so I can update the list. Christi Randall wrote: I see Dr Owens also, I live in Waxahachie - 30 min drive away and I just tell Ron that I am not

and can not drive back over there to pick up labs and that he can mail them to me. I do not understand their reluctance in doing this, but I refuse to make the drive back over. And now that they are moving to Rowlett it will be even more of a MAJOR inconvience to make the drive, even to just see her, let alone go back and get lab work. Tell your friend to talk with Ron to get the labs mailed. You cannot talk with anyone else, he is the only one. Christi Randall www.singingwomenoftexas.com JulHi Jul,My friend, Ginger that started using Dr Owens just before you has the same frustrations, she wont mail or fax any labs, she says you must come pick them up !Blessings, Pam

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

You have a legal right to copies of your labs, and the doctor must provide them in a timely manner. He can charge you for copying. But I am not sure if the doc can refuse to mail or fax. I have just sent an email to someone who will know. sugasweetswf wrote: Hi Jul,My friend, Ginger that started using Dr Owens just before you has the same frustrations, she wont mail or fax any labs, she says you must come pick them up !Blessings, Pam

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

They are claiming some HIPAA laws of Texas prevent them from doing

anything but sending directly to another physician or handing them

directly to the patient in person. I've never run across this problem

anywhere else so either this is extremely new addendum to this " law "

or what.

I've had no problems requesting copies when I'm there. They print

them right up and hand them over at my request. It's just strange

that there is such problem with mailing them. I could understand

faxing but mailing? Just put my name on the envelope, mark it

confidential, and put a note in my file that I requested them to be

mailed and I would think they'd be completely covered if something

happened.

I tried to call Ron this morning but I missed him. They said he had

to leave unexpectedly but if I called back around 8 am tomorrow, I

should be able to catch him.

Do let us know what you hear back about this!

Jul

> You have a legal right to copies of your labs, and the doctor must provide

> them in a timely manner.

>

> He can charge you for copying. But I am not sure if the doc can refuse to

> mail or fax. I have just sent an email to someone who will know.

>

Hi Jul,

This says nothing about not being able to mail them. It just says you have a right to request a copy of your medical records, it does not specify the method that you have to use.

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/hipaa/consumer_summary.pdf

This specifically talks about copying and mailing:

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/hipaa/consumer_rights.pdf

I believe your doctor's office is in the wrong by refusing to mail records that are requested.

-> To: Texas_Thyroid_Groups > Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:07:38 -0600> Subject: Re: Jul> > They are claiming some HIPAA laws of Texas prevent them from doing> anything but sending directly to another physician or handing them> directly to the patient in person. I've never run across this problem> anywhere else so either this is extremely new addendum to this "law"> or what.> > I've had no problems requesting copies when I'm there. They print> them right up and hand them over at my request. It's just strange> that there is such problem with mailing them. I could understand> faxing but mailing? Just put my name on the envelope, mark it> confidential, and put a note in my file that I requested them to be> mailed and I would think they'd be completely covered if something> happened.> > I tried to call Ron this morning but I missed him. They said he had> to leave unexpectedly but if I called back around 8 am tomorrow, I> should be able to catch him.> > Do let us know what you hear back about this!> > Jul> > > > You have a legal right to copies of your labs, and the doctor must provide> > them in a timely manner.> >> > He can charge you for copying. But I am not sure if the doc can refuse to> > mail or fax. I have just sent an email to someone who will know.> >> > > >