RemedySpot.com

Re: Just Plain Scared!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Food poisoning or being sick in any way can increase your blood pressure and your TSH, too.

Which antibiotics gave you bad reactions? If they were fluoroquinolones (Levaquin, Cipro, Avalox), the steroids can make the reaction worse. Fluoroquinolones have quite a few unlisted possible side effects.

If the blood work you are getting is routine thyroid, you might want to ask the doc if you should postpone it for a few weeks until you are fully recovered.

The last time I had food poisoning, I could not walk straight. I thought I was going to die. I was at WalMart late at night. I prayed all the way home, not knowing what was wrong with me. . . . .until I got home and just barely made it to the bathroom in time to lose my lunch. . . . .several times. . . . .

>> Hi All,> > The past few weeks have been an absolute mess. I've been in the ER 4> times....> > It started after a Christmas trip to Mexico (which was taxing, but I> felt great while I was there, minus one bout of heart "flip-flops"> that scared me). When I got back, I had a horrible sinus infection> (actually eustachian tube dysfunction, that I blame on RAI a year> ago). I had a bad reaction to 2 antibiotics and was put on a> SoluMedrol dose-pak. The sinus infection seems to be gone and I> finished the antibiotics and steroids last week.> > Well, last Thursday night, I was feeling "weird," took my bp and it> was 140/110, so I went to the ER. They ran every test imaginable and> the only thing that came up abnormal was my TSH (5.75). Friday, I the> hypertension continued and I had uncontrollable shaking and dizziness> and hot/cold flashes. I went into Dr. R's office and they gave me some> IV fluids and valium. (And thank you Sharon for letting me cry!). My> bp came down a little, but Dr. R. upped my beta-blocker (that I've> been taking for heart palps). Yesterday, I had horrible diarrhea all> day and felt so yuck. BP was still high, but not crazy-high.> > This morning I woke up with diarrhea again, went back to sleep and> woke up with blurry vision in my right eye and the right side of my> face was numb and a horrible headache. So, off to the ER again. My bp> was down to 137/81, HR still around 90-100. CT Scan and lab work were> fine, so I'm at home again. Oh, and TSH there (2 days AFTER being> 5.75) was 2.5.> > I go for my lab work with Dr. R. in the morning. I'm just so scared.> I'm scared that increasing my Armour (which I obviously need) is only> going to make my bp rise and my palps worse. I'm maxed out on Xanax, I> feel like I'm just losing it. My poor husband has been through the> ringer this week, not knowing what to do with me.> > Is it possible that the steroid dosepak really messed me up this bad?> Would a case of food poisoning cause my bp to spike? > > Has anyone else been through anything like this? I do have> Hashimoto's. I'm just plain scared. I'm only 30 years old. I can't> even take care of my 5 year old right now.> > Any help would be appreciated!> > Thanks,> Kim >

Bless your heart. I can tell you that a steroid pack can do some pretty awful things to you. That is what happened to me this year. Screwed up my thyroid, restless legs, anxiety, etc. It also can take quite a while to get them out of your system.

I can sympathize as I have a six year old and some days my DH has to do all the work as I cannot handle it physically or emotionally. Hang in there. I tell myself it can only get better...positive thinking.

Kim, aren't you in Houston?

Hi All,The past few weeks have been an absolute mess. I've been in the ER 4times....

It started after a Christmas trip to Mexico (which was taxing, but Ifelt great while I was there, minus one bout of heart " flip-flops " that scared me). When I got back, I had a horrible sinus infection

(actually eustachian tube dysfunction, that I blame on RAI a yearago). I had a bad reaction to 2 antibiotics and was put on aSoluMedrol dose-pak. The sinus infection seems to be gone and Ifinished the antibiotics and steroids last week.

Well, last Thursday night, I was feeling " weird, " took my bp and itwas 140/110, so I went to the ER. They ran every test imaginable andthe only thing that came up abnormal was my TSH (5.75). Friday, I the

hypertension continued and I had uncontrollable shaking and dizzinessand hot/cold flashes. I went into Dr. R's office and they gave me someIV fluids and valium. (And thank you Sharon for letting me cry!). My

bp came down a little, but Dr. R. upped my beta-blocker (that I'vebeen taking for heart palps). Yesterday, I had horrible diarrhea allday and felt so yuck. BP was still high, but not crazy-high.This morning I woke up with diarrhea again, went back to sleep and

woke up with blurry vision in my right eye and the right side of myface was numb and a horrible headache. So, off to the ER again. My bpwas down to 137/81, HR still around 90-100. CT Scan and lab work were

fine, so I'm at home again. Oh, and TSH there (2 days AFTER being5.75) was 2.5.I go for my lab work with Dr. R. in the morning. I'm just so scared.I'm scared that increasing my Armour (which I obviously need) is only

going to make my bp rise and my palps worse. I'm maxed out on Xanax, Ifeel like I'm just losing it. My poor husband has been through theringer this week, not knowing what to do with me.Is it possible that the steroid dosepak really messed me up this bad?

Would a case of food poisoning cause my bp to spike?Has anyone else been through anything like this? I do haveHashimoto's. I'm just plain scared. I'm only 30 years old. I can'teven take care of my 5 year old right now.

Any help would be appreciated!Thanks,Kim

Thank you! I am actually blessed to be in Lubbock! I'm sure I am

wearing my welcome out at Dr. R's.

I'm wondering if my adrenals are just way over taxed, as I've also had

that " vibration " feeling, waking up in the middle of the night.

Oh, and I just read that my beta blocker can cause diarrhea, and since

we doubled that, I bet that is where that is coming from.

Thanks,

Kim

Also, when you're dehydrated it can cause your body to do odd things.

It sounds like you had a bit of a migraine, too.

What did Dr. R say?

Isn't Sharon THE BEST? She really is! :)

Hope you're feeling better soon, Kim.

>

>

I agree with - a couple years ago when all my Hashi troubles started, I was given a steroid pack and oh my Lord did it mess me up... anxiety was horrible, I thought I was going to die! I had a 3-month old baby at the time (she will be 3 years old in march!) and it was plain horrible... all that being said, I am now a patient of Dr. R (for 2 years now) and have been feeling much better (slowly but surely). I still have LOTS of room for improvement but you're in the right hands... have patience (thought it can be hard) and take it easy. Cauley wrote: Bless your heart. I can tell you that a steroid pack can do some pretty awful things to you. That is what happened to me this year. Screwed up my thyroid, restless legs, anxiety, etc. It also can take quite a while to get them out of your system. I can sympathize as I have a six year old and some days my DH has to do all the work as I cannot handle it physically or emotionally. Hang in there. I tell myself it can only get better...positive thinking. Kim, aren't you in Houston? Hi All,The past few weeks have been an absolute mess. I've been in the ER 4times....It started after a Christmas trip to Mexico (which was taxing, but Ifelt great while I was there, minus one bout of heart "flip-flops"that scared me). When I got back, I had a horrible sinus infection(actually eustachian tube dysfunction, that I blame on RAI a yearago). I had a bad reaction to 2 antibiotics and was put on aSoluMedrol dose-pak. The sinus infection seems to be gone and Ifinished the antibiotics and steroids last week. Well, last Thursday night, I was feeling "weird," took my bp and itwas 140/110, so I went to the ER. They ran every test imaginable andthe only thing that came up abnormal was my TSH (5.75). Friday, I

the hypertension continued and I had uncontrollable shaking and dizzinessand hot/cold flashes. I went into Dr. R's office and they gave me someIV fluids and valium. (And thank you Sharon for letting me cry!). My bp came down a little, but Dr. R. upped my beta-blocker (that I'vebeen taking for heart palps). Yesterday, I had horrible diarrhea allday and felt so yuck. BP was still high, but not crazy-high.This morning I woke up with diarrhea again, went back to sleep and woke up with blurry vision in my right eye and the right side of myface was numb and a horrible headache. So, off to the ER again. My bpwas down to 137/81, HR still around 90-100. CT Scan and lab work werefine, so I'm at home again. Oh, and TSH there (2 days AFTER being5.75) was 2.5.I go for my lab work with Dr. R. in the morning. I'm just so scared.I'm scared that increasing my Armour (which I obviously need) is only going to

make my bp rise and my palps worse. I'm maxed out on Xanax, Ifeel like I'm just losing it. My poor husband has been through theringer this week, not knowing what to do with me.Is it possible that the steroid dosepak really messed me up this bad? Would a case of food poisoning cause my bp to spike?Has anyone else been through anything like this? I do haveHashimoto's. I'm just plain scared. I'm only 30 years old. I can'teven take care of my 5 year old right now. Any help would be appreciated!Thanks,Kim

Thank you all so much for your replies.

This afternoon, right after lunch, I felt downright awful. Pulse

jumped to 120, and felt like I was having the worst panic attack ever,

but after 2 xanax's, I fell asleep sitting up. :-)

This evening, I've felt much better. I decided to take my beta blocker

as one dose instead of 2 halves (Dr. R said it was my choice), and now

my HR is in the 80's. I feel much more " calm. "

I'm hoping it was some weird bug. I've also been so incredibly thirsty

and I've lost 8 pounds in a week. (Weird, but I lose weight when hypo

b/c I feel too sick to eat).

I see Dr. R. on Friday morning. Praying for a miracle to get me

through until then.

And yes, Sharon is wonderful. I'm starting to think of her as my

Hashi's mom.

Take Care,

Kim