RemedySpot.com

Re: Armour not working?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You were taking 125 mcg of T4 and 12.5 mcg of T3 on the synthetic combination.

On 90 mg of Armour plus 50 mcg of Unithroid, you are getting just 107 mcg of T4 and 13.5 mcg of T3. I am not surprised that your Free T4 is lower.

Since you appear to have quite a bit of wiggle room on the T3, I would ask for an increase to 120 mg of Armour and keep the Unithroid at 50 mcg. That will give you 19 mcg more T4 and 4.5 mcg more T3.

or, if you have difficulty tolerating a higher dose of T3, I would ask the doc to increase the Unithroid to 75 mcg.

In any case, I would insist on getting a Free T3, even if you have to order it yourself from HealthcheckUSA.

One more question, did you take your meds before the blood draws? If so, how long before?

>> I switched back to Armour thyroid about 3 months ago.> I was on Unithroid 125mcg/Cytomel 12.5mcg> > I switched to Unithroid 50mcg/Armour 1 1/2 grains> > Labs Keep in mind the free t3 was NOT tested.> > Unithroid/cytomel 9/28/07 Labs> Triiodothyronine, total 60-181 130> t4 9thyroxine), Free 0.9-1.8 1.3> TSH 0.50-5.50 0.03> > Armour/unithroid 11/27/07 labs> Triiodothyronine (T3) 85-205 127> thyroxine (T4) Free direct 0.61-1.76 1.05> TSH 0.350-5.500 0.034> > Any ideas on what I need to do to increase the absorption? I thought > the armour/unithroid was fairly equal to the old dose???> > I am having severe signs of undermedication, not that I felt great on > the old dose, but really bad on this new combination.> I have an appointment with Dr. Rodriquiz next week, and want to come > in with some knowledge.> > Thanks for any advise. Lynn>