RemedySpot.com

three month visit with Dr. R...lab results

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Flying to Lubbock alone took a lot out of me. My brain fog was so bad yesterday (all the stress left over from the holidays) and my anxiety was up so not the best day for me. But, I made it. Dr. R spent about an hour with me. He never once made me feel rushed. Here are my lab results with the results from last September in parenthesis:

Magnesium 1.8 range 1.3-2.3 (1.9)

total Iron 44 range 35-145 (57)

Iron percent saturation 14% range 20%-50% (18%)

ferritin 29 range 10-220 (37)

TSH 2.3 (2.6)

Free T4 0.95 range 0.73-1.95 (0.97)

Free T3 280 or 22.7% range 230-420 (300 or 23.6%)

Testosterone 0.29 range 0.14-0.76 (0.38)

DHEA 780 range 2000-3000 (570)

Progesterone 0.6 range 1.4-28 (0.7)

I am on 1/2 grain armour, 100 mg progesterone and 10 mg dhea daily. As you can see Free T3 barely went up, DHEA barely went up and ferritin, iron % and progesterone went down which most likely means my body is converting the hormone supplements into estrogen.

I am to work my way up to 1 grain armour, 120 mg progesterone and 13 mg dhea and see him again in six months. I am also going to add in some more iron (until I get constipated) and increase my magnesium as needed.

Any advice? I was pretty down after this visit but know this is a long road. It's just when you travel so far you expect too much (kind of like when I did infertility treatments...you spend so much time and $$ and don't get pregnant...disappointing).

-- CauleyHome Cell