RemedySpot.com

[SPAM] Re: 7 weeks post TT-help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

30 mg is actually the maximum increase that most folks should make. Some folks need to make adjustments in 15 mg increments.

> >> > I have been greatful to read your post over the last 2 months and > > pleased at the files I have also been able to find useful. After > > research and my best attempts to be prepared for today, I find myself > > needing some guidence from those in the know.> > > > First of all here are a few details:> > > > TT on Nov. 27th to resolve Hashimotos, Thyroid enlarged w/nodules, > > new growth & nodules in a 6 month span, windpipe compression and > > esophagus constricted by wrapping of thyriod.> > > > I was on 88 of Synthroid pre-surgery.> > Placed on 100 Synthroid post-surgery.> > Dosage changed to 125 Synthroid after 2 weeks since I felt really > > bad, and instructed to wait 6 more weeks after that (8 week post TT) > > before blood draw.> > > > I couldn't take it anymore and went ahead and had my blood draw last > > Friday (after 4 weeks on 125's) because I knew things had gotten > > really bad.> > > > My TSH was 3.89 before surgery and at that appointment my endo raised > > me up from 75 to the 88 Synthroid. I saw my endo today and my labs > > today told me what I already had felt:> > > > TSH 22.04> > Free T3 231 (range 230-420) didn't phase him, I even told him I > > should be at the top of normal.> > Free T4 1.1 (range .8-1.8)> > > > He just wanted to up me to 150 Synthriod only. I knew enough to ask > > for Armour and had already done the math to get to 150 with > > additional T4 added if that was going to be the next step. I wanted > > to take T4 in addition to Armour for a better human ratio and > > transition to Armour (from what I've read).> > > > He didn't even want me to try Armour but Cytomel instead. I > > mentioned that since I did not have a thyroid I had nothing in my > > body producing T1, T2 or calcitonin. This seemed like a new concept > > to him. He actually got the Armour dosages wrong and when I produced > > a document that explained compounding/time releasing thyriod meds and > > gave the Armour equivalances...he requested to copy it. At first > > when he gave in to my request he was looking at doing 1 grain and the > > rest as Sythroid. I asked him to write a perscription for 1 1/2 > > grains Armour and 50 Synthroid that would put my equivalancy closer > > to 160. I even showed him how this worked out in the article.> > > > I went to the pharmasist and here is what I have:> > > > 1 grain 60mg Armour (I'll take first thing in the morning)> > 50 Synthroid (SHOULD I TAKE THEM TOGETHER?)> > 1/2 grain 30mg Armour (I plan to take in the afternoon, WHAT TIME > > USUALLY WORKS BEST).> > > > The doctor does not want to see me again for 6 weeks to check blood. > > > > What are your thoughts as to how I have broken up my meds and what > > does my low Free T3 mean?> > > > Thank you so much for your help,> > > > Penny> >>