RemedySpot.com

RE: Drug Approved. Is Disease Real? New York Times front page article 1/14/

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My husband has epilepsy, and Lyrica is also being marketed as an unconventional anti-convulsant. My husband's neurologist had to have a woman committed because it literally made her lose it. Great drug, let me tell you! *roll eyes*

http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2007/NEW01656.html

-

> To: Texas_Thyroid_Groups > Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 21:26:52 +0000> Subject: "Drug Approved. Is Disease Real?" New York Times front page article 1/14/08> > I wrote a letter to the New York Times editor on this one. Doubt they > will ever publish it.> > Pfizer will make millions or billions on a drug that treats a symptom > and which increases the hypo condition/symptoms, IMHO!!> > I just want to scream, scream, scream.> > http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/14/health/14pain.html?> _r=1 & scp=1 & sq=Drug+approved.+Is+disease+real%3F & oref=slogin> > "In many patients, Lyrica causes weight gain and edema, or swelling, > as well as dizziness and sleepiness. In 12-week trials, 9 percent of > patients saw their weight rise more than 7 percent, and the weight > gain appeared to continue over time. The potential for weight gain is > a special concern because many fibromyalgia patients are already > overweight: the average fibromyalgia patient in the 2007 survey > reported weighing 180 pounds and standing 5 feet 4 inches."> > I'm 5-4-1/2 and I was 181 pounds before my last severe bout > through 2004 that sent me to Dr. .> > Or how about this one:> > "Dr. Amy Chappell, a medical fellow at Lilly, said that even though > Cymbalta is an antidepressant, its effects on fibromyalgia pain are > independent of its antidepressant effects. In clinical trials, she > said, even fibromyalgia patients who are not depressed report relief > from their pain on Cymbalta. > > The overall efficacy of Cymbalta and milnacipran is similar to that > of Lyrica. Analysts and the companies expect that the drugs will > probably be used together.> > 'There's definitely room for several drugs,' Dr. Chappell said."> > Slice it, dice it, never treat the root cause. Make billions upon > billions. And go to war on Armour Thyroid and compounded meds. That's > the ticket!> > Sara> > > > > >

Every fibro pt that doc bas put on lyrica has swollen like a toad. The edema was astounding.Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 3:50 PMTo: texas_thyroid_groups Subject: RE: "Drug Approved. Is Disease Real?" New York Times front page article 1/14/My husband has epilepsy, and Lyrica is also being marketed as an unconventional anti-convulsant. My husband's neurologist had to have a woman committed because it literally made her lose it. Great drug, let me tell you! *roll eyes* http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2007/NEW01656.html -> To: Texas_Thyroid_Groups > Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 21:26:52 +0000> Subject: "Drug Approved. Is Disease Real?" New York Times front page article 1/14/08> > I wrote a letter to the New York Times editor on this one. Doubt they > will ever publish it.> > Pfizer will make millions or billions on a drug that treats a symptom > and which increases the hypo condition/symptoms, IMHO!!> > I just want to scream, scream, scream.> > http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/14/health/14pain.html?> _r=1 & scp=1 & sq=Drug+approved.+Is+disease+real%3F & oref=slogin> > "In many patients, Lyrica causes weight gain and edema, or swelling, > as well as dizziness and sleepiness. In 12-week trials, 9 percent of > patients saw their weight rise more than 7 percent, and the weight > gain appeared to continue over time. The potential for weight gain is > a special concern because many fibromyalgia patients are already > overweight: the average fibromyalgia patient in the 2007 survey > reported weighing 180 pounds and standing 5 feet 4 inches."> > I'm 5-4-1/2 and I w[The entire original message is not included]