RemedySpot.com

That's funny, I live on the 11th floor of the building I am in, and I have to tie down most things on my balcony when it gets really windy up here. I have a lot of tomato plants and other plants usually most of the summer and one summer we had real

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

That's funny, I live on the 11th floor of the building I am in, and I have to tie down most things on my balcony when it gets really windy up here. I have a lot of tomato plants and other plants usually most of the summer and one summer we had really bad windstorms and rain, and we all stayed downstairs in the community room because we were afraid the electricity would go off, and it did for about 4 hours, so when I came back up all of my tomato plants leaves were gone, and even some tomatoes, so I just left them sit there and eventually they all grew back, my porch had everything else tossed all upside down and everything, even the tomato plants, it didn't break them, but just stripped them of all the leaves.

To: asthma Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 5:32 PM Subject: Re: tired of annoying phlegm please help. any help you can give is great.

I live in an apartment block, and can never smell anything from other apartments. Occasionally in the hallway, if someone's cooked a roast or something, but nothing else. I'm currently freezing as I have a night storage heater, and it had been switched off as we were up to 20 degrees last week, whereas one week later we're back to not much above freezing, and my street is currently an obstacle course of branches that came down in last night's strong winds. The two for sale signs for apartments in my block are no longer - one was in hte carpark this morning a good 20m from where it was, and the other was nowhere to be seen. My asthma wasn't liking it this morning, but the cleaner polishing my desk at work as I got there probably didn't help!JennTha can tek t'lass outta Yorkshire...! Don't brand me, don't classify me, don't tell me what to wear. I'll be who I want to be, and I'm proud to be me.Subject: Re: tired of annoying phlegm please help. any help you can give is great.To: "asthma " <asthma >Date: Wednesday, 4 April, 2012, 21:44

That is a great idea. I haven't done this for a long time, but, now that I am retired and moving into smaller apts, you never know what you are going to get, until the weather changes, and all landlords are different. So I think I will invest in some new things. I already have had to buy those air cleaners, and what a difference. I use them especially during the pollen seasons, and if someone in the building is painting or making repairs that you can smell. Haven't had to use them for awhile. I especially like that when they cut the grass all around the building, I have to keep my doors and windows closed, I am allergic to trees and grass, and lots of weeds, so these things come up in the air and come in the roof opening here, the vents, so I have to use the air cleaner, it really

works very

well. To: "asthma " <asthma > Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 3:27 PM Subject: Re: tired of annoying phlegm please help. any help you can give is great.

I find that the white noise of the heater and fan also help me to sleep better. I am living in my Grandparents house right now while they are out of the country. Why pay to heat or cool the whole house when it is just me? I can take the heater or fan with me to whatever room I am in and stay comfortable:) To: "asthma " <asthma > Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 1:21 PM

Subject: Re: tired of annoying phlegm please help. any help you can give is great.

That is what I keep forgetting to do, is buy a space heater, the heat goes on and off at certain times of the year in this building. I need to buy another fan also, because the air conditioning is not on yet either. I am trying to move and find another apartment where I control them myself, should have taken my son's old apartment, he could control it there. To: "asthma " <asthma >

Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 10:47 AM Subject: Re: tired of annoying phlegm please help. any help you can give is great.

The phlegm could be allergies or just the weather change. I know tons of people here that have it. As far as the temperature I love my space heater and my tower fan. Sometimes I even use both in the same night. That way it doesn't matter what the temperature is anywhere else I am comfortable in my bedroom. You can get them for about $20 each. To: asthma Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 7:43 AM Subject: tired of annoying phlegm please help. any help you can give is great.

sorry if this is long. it was warm here for a few days a few weeks ago so my parents turned the stove off(and regular heat is off cause mom does like it on much even in winter). i was ok with the heat being off since it was nice out. but then it got cold again and one day it was cold enough here that i had on a jacket and 3 blankets and was still cold and asked my mom to turn the stove back on and give us heat and she said no the stove is off now and it will stay off. so somedays it is so cold in here that i use jackets and few blankets and i start shaking some cause it is cold in here. at bedtime i use 4 blankets. my asthma gets worse in the winter or cold weather. so with it being cold in the house not only have i been shaking some cause of being cold, but i also seem to wake up lil stuffy and u can also tell in my voice that i am a lil off. but the mainly thing is lil most days for the last week or so i been waking up extra phlegmy

and it is annoying, today i ended up throwing up some of the phlegm. i am tired of the phlegm and also tired of being cold. so is my asthma going off or is it just from being cold? the one summer i had an air conditioner in my room and i would wake every morning extra phlegmy so thinks it might be asthma going off. had a nebulizer once and it got rid of most of my phlegm and i told my lung doctor that and i asked for a nebulizer and they would not give it to me. all they would give me is advair, which it worked stopped my coughing in 2 days but i am still phlegmy. so is my asthma going off or is it just cause i am cold? and what i can do to fix this problem? P.S i had an asthma checkup scheduled for march but mom did not want to take off work and take me and no one else could so i had to reschedule it for april 24th