RemedySpot.com

Slats,I think the med he referred to is Fluticasone Propionate (brand name Flonase). It is a steroidal nasal spray that quickly and effectively reduces inflammation of the nasal tissue. I believe the others target allergy receptors and don't work t

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Slats,I think the med he referred to is Fluticasone Propionate (brand name Flonase). It is a steroidal nasal spray that quickly and effectively reduces inflammation of the nasal tissue. I believe the others target allergy receptors and don't work the same way. I have found a combination of saline rinse (Netipot or Neil Med - I use the Neil Med) and Flonase works wonders for me. I usually have some relief within an hour or two and total relief within 12 to 24 hours of the Flonase.Madeline To: asthma Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 2:57 PM Subject: Re: ipratropium bromide

Chip, was it you who mentioned a while back finding a nasal spray that worked for chronic runny nose? I'm having a worse than ever problem with that and already know neither Nasalcrom nor Nasocort does anything for it. I can't remember the name of the med that was mentioned as being effective, but I'm seeing my pulmo next week and would like to try it if I could get hold of the right name to ask for.

Sorry I can't help with respect to ipratropium or Spiriva. I use Symbicort, which has both a long-acting bronchodilator and a corticosteroid. It's similar to Advair, which in your part of the woods has a different name, but it uses altogether different LABA and steroid from Symbicort . Have you ever tried a combination inhaler like these, or would the mucous still be a factor in your absorbing the med? Symbicort comes as a liquid metered dose which is propelled forcefully from a cannister and inhaled through the mouth. It is not a "rescue inhaler".

Slats