RemedySpot.com

Thanks for the info . I have just run a cursory Google search on it. It seems to have many of the same side effects as prednisone. So, I am not sure what the benefit would be. I think right now I am better off continuing my taper on the prednison

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks for the info . I have just run a cursory Google search on it. It seems to have many of the same side effects as prednisone. So, I am not sure what the benefit would be. I think right now I am better off continuing my taper on the prednisone and not confusing the issue with any new drugs. As I don't have true 's caused by a disease process and my lungs are not steroid dependent most of the time (I will always have bumps from time to time, but I can handle those as long as it is a short burst and I taper fairly quickly). I just have a couple of mg's to go before testing. If the worst case scenario pans out (my adrenals are permanently wiped out), it is something that I have written down in my calendar to ask my doc about. Thanks again for the

option. I need all of those I can get.Madeline To: asthma Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 1:32 PM Subject: Re: tapering off prednisone

Hi again Madeline the medication is called dexamethasone. This med is always discussed in the addisons dissease group as the only med you can be on and it does not effect the results. Something to discuss with your physician if you chose. Again good luck with everything!

> >

> > Hi ,

> >

> > I am also fighting the same thing. Â As bad as the drug is, the step down is worse. Â It has taken me two and a half years to drop from 65mg/day to 4mg/day currently. Â I just made the drop to four this week. Â We will see how it goes. Â The step down has been progressively harder since 10mg/day. Â I am currently stepping down at 1/2 mg/month. Â It took me three months to successfully step down from 5 to 4-1/2 per day. Â If I start getting intolerable symptoms (the bone pain is the worst), I have to bump back up and try it again the next month. Â I totally understand your frustration. Â I have to get down to 2mg/day in order to do the adrenal stem testing. Â I am determined that one day I will be free of this burden.

> >

> > Madeline

> >

> >

> > ________________________________

> > From: <cdem290@>

> > To: asthma

> > Sent: Sunday, January 8, 2012 5:13 PM

> > Subject: tapering off prednisone

> >

> >

> > Â

> > I quess this isn't a question as much as it is more of a rant. I was very healthy until I had a knee surgery with pneumonia two days post op.(2000) From there I had seven year s of hell with infections, bronchitis, sinusitis, laryngitis etc. Many different dxs were given, severe asthma being one. Now I wonder if my adrenals were overwhelmed from the surgery and infection back then causing all the infections. Since diagnosis of AI/AD(June 2010) and being on prednisone, the infections are fewer. However, my sleeping adrenals are attributed to high prednisone used to treat asthma. So my plan is still to taper VERY slowly off prednisone. I had a bad asthma attack in June after going down to 4mg under guidance of endo, that took months to recover from. I think seriously about just staying on the pred and not trying to taper off. I really believe I will just keep getting sicker once my pred levels are too low. BUT on the other end I think

about all

> > the side effects and I think I really should keep trying to get off. So part of me feels like I should always keep trying to get off, but it is miserable tapering once I got below 6mgs I never felt well. Ok Rant over..thanks for listening!

> >

>