RemedySpot.com

We have a few of those kind on this side of the pond, too, Chip. I don't know what these people think sometimes. Good going, though. Glad you got some results.Cindy To: AspergillusGroup ; AsthmaGroup <asthma > Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 7:09

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

We have a few of those kind on this side of the pond, too, Chip. I don't know what these people think sometimes. Good going, though. Glad you got some results. To: AspergillusGroup ; AsthmaGroup <asthma > Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 7:09 AM Subject: pompous

Hi all, hope you're all well?

OK, so once again I have upset the medical profession, tut, tut.

I was in dire need of an appointment with a consultant not related to my breathing, which is a change. However the criteria for obtaining such a hallowed appointment was impossible for me, I could not take the drugs they listed as a must have before any appointments would be considered. My GP's hands were tied, mine were not!

So I wrote a simple letter to the said consultant, explaining my situation and requesting an appointment and to by pass the set routine of drug treatment before appointment. I will admit to using some persuasion by copying the letter to my chest consultant and Manchester so the worthy consultant involved could not just turn me down blindly without an explanation to the other medical professionals included. Hehe . . .

Anyway, in a short time I did receive an appointment with this particular department and saw a very nice Dr who at least appeared to know his job, and he was interested in learning a bit about asper, intraconazole and the relevant drug interactions. He is now investigating possible methods of treating me which will not infringe on the anti-fungal circus.

However, the day after my appointment, my GP surgery rang and stated on of my GP's wanted a telephone appointment with me asap. This was arranged and I began to wonder what was so important that my GP had contacted me personally. I found out.

It seems the eminent consultant I wrote to took offence at the fact I had the cheek to by pass normal channels and contacted him directly. He complained to my GP surgery that I was out of order and gave them a telling off for allowing me to undertake such a heinous act.

My poor GP's had no idea I had contacted the consultant personally, nor did they know I had been for an appointment at his clinic. They were stressed that I had not gone through them and that this consultant had complained to them.

Hah! My blood shot up and I responded in my own way. I informed my GP's that a letter had been sent from the surgery but was declined by this all powerful consultant. I explained that a further letter had been sent by a GP stating I could not take the required medication. I told the Dr that her surgery had indeed followed procedure, it was me alone that stepped out of line. She was pacified at this response until I replied that I may write the over bearing consultant yet another letter.

As he had deemed to complain to my GP surgery that I had not followed the correct contact procedure, I decided I would complain to him that he had not follow the normal decent procedure by writing to me with his complaint! I wrote the letter! I made the request so common manners indicate he should have responded to me, not go behind my back and have a go at my innocent GP's.

My GP then warned me the consultant in question was known to be abrupt and short tempered and it maybe best not to annoy him. No I said, I can be just as abrupt and short tempered and will not tolerate the bullying antics of a backwoods consultant with an over inflated ego and arrogance! Who the heck does he think he is? God? Not in my eye's he's not! He is a man doing a job and being well paid for it. If he doesn't like poor lowly patients writing polite little letters or daring to seek assistance, then maybe he should be a banker instead!

My GP begged me not to reply to him, but we'll see. If I ever meet him face to face . . . . !

Cheers from Mike (Chip) Chapman

Author of, A Fly on the Ward

http://bit.ly/KLXYO6