RemedySpot.com

Sheri, you described, perfectly, what happens to me as well but in my case I'm never sure if it's the asthma or my Sjogren's since symptoms overlap. When you said that you're breathing -- like I'm breathing but yet not getting any oxygen, this is e

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sheri, you described, perfectly, what happens to me as well but in my case I'm never sure if it's the asthma or my Sjogren's since symptoms overlap. When you said that you're breathing -- like I'm breathing but yet not getting any oxygen, this is exactly what happens to me and never know if that is asthma or another lung problem. When you get that way, try to sit somewhere where you are completely alone so that you can do some yoga breathing. Clear your mind completely of everything good and bad and close your eyes, take a very deep breathe, hold it in and count to 10 (long counts if you can) then breathe out through your lips and very slowly ... hold your breath for 4 seconds or as long as you can and then immediately take another deep breath in and repeat 5-10 times. That should release your tense lungs and relax them so that your breathing will be back to normal. It works with me since I can't take any of the asthma drugs .... By the way, does Albuterol help when you're like this? With me it doesn't unless my lungs are totally constricted towards the bottom of my back and around to the front. SharonFrom:"Sheri Luckett" Subject: Re: What does it feel like when you have an attackDate:April 13, 2012 11:53:33 PM EDTTo:"asthma " <asthma >For me, it depends on what set off my asthma attack. If it's triggered by a respiratory infection, my symptom is feeling like I can't breathe, even though I am breathing--like I'm breathing but yet not getting any oxygen. I also have had an asthma attack with no symptoms that I could perceive. I went to the doctor with the flu. The nurse was doing her preliminary checks and suddenly said, "You're having an asthma attack!" and literally ran out of the room. She came back with a breathing treatment thingee. I had no idea I was having an asthma attack until she told me...but I was quite "out of it" from the flu.If the attack is set off by someone spraying a chemical in the air, my main symptom is pain in my right lung. It feels like a menstrual cramp, except in the wrong place. If it goes on long enough, it will include that breathless feeling I described above, but the pain is the main thing that bothers me when a chemical is the trigger. The attacks set off by an infection have never included the cramp-like pain.Sheri