RemedySpot.com

Well it was a rheumatologist that prescribed it. The prescription was a large blue gel like capsule, I am supposed to take once a week, but I will call him tomorrow and discuss it. I know that I will not take it again in that dosage. Can you just b

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Well it was a rheumatologist that prescribed it. The prescription was a large blue gel like capsule, I am supposed to take once a week, but I will call him tomorrow and discuss it. I know that I will not take it again in that dosage. Can you just buy it over the counter there? Here even if it is over the counter, you need a script for it. I have noticed that around here before, or maybe it is just my particular health problems, but they dose you up pretty high for things like that, to get some in you right away, at least in my experiences. This is the first time I have had that bad a problem. I am still sick from it, and I took it on friday. I threw it up about 2 hours later, so i must have gotten a good amount of it in my system, because I still am

sick. To: "asthma " <asthma > Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2012 9:47 AM Subject: Re: Re: Jenn

Hi Jenn, don't think the NHS allows for Vit. D prescriptions. Only as part of the calcium supplement and that is only 3 micrograms. Holland & Barrett sell vit.D in several strengths quite cheaply. Vit.D is rapidly becoming the new wonder drug for those with immune deficiencies etc. About 1,000 iu is a good dose to begin on.

Doubt if your GP will know enough about Vit.D to help, most haven't caught up yet!

Cheers from Mike (Chip) Chapman

Author of, A Fly on the Ward

http://bit.ly/KLXYO6

To: "asthma " <asthma > Sent: Sunday, 24 June 2012, 10:27Subject: Re: Re: GP

I'm supposed to be on it, except that I've not got round to going to the hospital to pick up the prescription yet! They sent a letter to me informing me of the outcome of my rheumatologist appointment, and sent a copy to my doctor, yet didn't think to put the prescription in with either letter. Fair enough if they want me to speak to someone when I get it, but in that case, send it to my doctor so I can get it from there! I had a reminder on my last repeat prescription for my seretide that they won't prescribe me any more till I've had a check up, so may just ask the doctor to prescribe me the Vitamin D there. Alternatively, if it turns out to just be standard vit D, I can get it from work with a staff discount! The hospital is only a few

miles away, but it's a good 15 min drive whihc I don't

have time for, it's not near anywhere else I'd go, and it's £2 for parking when I'd be in and out in minutes

Jenn

Tha can tek t'lass outta Yorkshire...!

Don't brand me, don't classify me, don't tell me what to wear. I'll be who I want to be, and I'm proud to be me.

To: "asthma " <asthma > Sent: Sunday, 24 June 2012, 7:51Subject: Re: Re: GP

Does anyone take vitamin D by prescription. My Rheumatologist just told me I am severely deficient. So he prescribed me 50,000 IU D2. Well I threw it up and had diarrhea for the entire evening, and next day, and I also became all congested, and could not breathe through nose, kept clearing it out, but it became congested again right away,and I had chest pain. I read ta

hat Vitamin D2 is made from irradiating yeast,and is not really good for us to take and can be toxic, but that vitamin D3 is natural and better to take for our bodies, I have a milk allergy, I wonder if that is why the one with the yeast made me sick. Does anyone here know anything else about this? It was a large capsule, and I am supposed to take it once a week.

To: asthma Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2012 12:47 AMSubject: Re: GP

Amazing we have to write a book to get the attention of a doctor. Now I have to get the book too.I feel the same right now, if I don't wake up with out asthma problems lately I would be in shock too!HUGS G>> Well what a surprise! Went to my GP today, the male one not the cute one or the pretty one, and almost the first thing he said was how much he laughed at my book! Surprised the life outta me coz when I first developed ABPA on top of my old faithful asthma, I called him a plonker and walked out!> Admittedly since stating that aspergillosis is just `fluid on the lung' he has done

his research and is now helping me greatly.> Not good news as usual, I have to go off several of my meds coz they're causing actual bodily harm, but nice to know he was enjoying my book.> > This time of the year is always dodgy for me, wheezing like an old vacuum cleaner and just enough breath in me to run about a metre! PF is dropping like the rain and I'm way too scared to monitor my BP, so I haven't! Otherwise all is fine, sort of. Getting used to no breath now, if I ever woke up with no breathing problems, I think the shock would take my breath away . . . . !> > Anyway, I hope you are all well, my thoughts are with who is still very ill.> > > Cheers from Mike

(Chip) Chapman> http://bit.ly/KLXYO6> Author of, A Fly on the

Ward>