RemedySpot.com

Speech

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

> Dana,

>

> Did your son develop speech after you started chelation.

>

> Kim.

He began speech after gfcfdiet, one word at a time, very slow

progress. After adding enzymes, he went up to maybe 2-3 words

together. Now with chelation, he is up to about 5 words occasionally.

No complete sentences yet, but he has always made very slow progress

because he is not a regressive case.

Dana

• 1 year later...

I'm still waiting for my boys words to come back :( You started

interventions young so you've given him the best chance - well done!

Supps such as DMG and EFA's have good records for promtoing speech. I would

look into PECS www.pecs.com or Verbal Behaviour type ABA. Good info here

http://www.mariposaschool.org/programs/

Good luck

Mandi in Uk

> I am pretty new to this board.I have started my 2year4mthsold on

> gfcfdiet,supps and ibi.he is not officially diagnosed but we suspect

> pdd or something like it.his eye contact has improved and he

> actually started waving and pointing.My question is at what point or

> what treatment did any of your kids' start speaking or repeating

> words?I am hearing alot of suggestion that tackling the yeast problem

> was the ticket .I am going to be doing that next but am waiting to

> get a DAN doc.Any suggestions?My son has only ever said 6 words

> maybe once and doesn't say them again.He won't be started speech

> hterapy for a few mths.Thanks for all your replys in advance.

>

> what treatment did any of your kids' start speaking or repeating

> words?I am hearing alot of suggestion that tackling the yeast

problem

> was the ticket .I am going to be doing that next but am waiting to

> get a DAN doc.Any suggestions?My son has only ever said 6 words

> maybe once and doesn't say them again.He won't be started speech

> hterapy for a few mths.Thanks for all your replys in advance.

>

My son did not develop language. He had no words. I started chelation

just before he turned 2 yo. He is 2 1/2 yo and has no more speech

delay... You might want to have your son's hair tested and see the

Austism-Mercury group for more info. I follow Andy Cutler's protocol.

Hi Nikki and Jake,

Welcome! I'm pretty new to all of this too so can't help much but

wanted you to know there are lots of knowledgable, experienced

people on this list who will be able to help. And the list is

caring and compassionate - who could ask for a better combination?

All the best.

Jaci, Australia

---

Thanks -I'll check it out!!! Nikki :)

In , " ferdeson " <ferdeson@y...>

wrote:

> ---

In , " libertystreetsoftware "

> <PDD@l...> wrote:

> > what treatment did any of your kids' start speaking or repeating

> > words?I am hearing alot of suggestion that tackling the yeast

> problem

> > was the ticket .I am going to be doing that next but am waiting

to

> > get a DAN doc.Any suggestions?My son has only ever said 6 words

> > maybe once and doesn't say them again.He won't be started speech

> > hterapy for a few mths.Thanks for all your replys in advance.

> >

>

> My son did not develop language. He had no words. I started

chelation

> just before he turned 2 yo. He is 2 1/2 yo and has no more speech

> delay... You might want to have your son's hair tested and see the

> Austism-Mercury group for more info. I follow Andy Cutler's

protocol.

>

In a message dated 22/12/2003 02:31:37 GMT Standard Time, missynbri@...

writes:

> What is the Andy Cutler protocol?

>

Small frequent doses of chelators - DMSA and or ALA, 1/8-1/2 mg per pound of

child per dose, given 4 hourly for DMSA only and 3 hourly for DMSA/ALA combo

or ALA alone, for at least 20 doses/3 days and then as least as many days off

and start again :) Supporting minerals and antioxidants given throughout. Info

here:-

http://home.earthlink.net/~moriam/

This contrasts with the DAN protocol which is higher doses given 8 hourly and

some say no minerals whilst 'on round'.

HTH

Mandi in UK

What is the Andy Cutler protocol?

> > > what treatment did any of your kids' start speaking or

repeating

> > > words?I am hearing alot of suggestion that tackling the yeast

> > problem

> > > was the ticket .I am going to be doing that next but am

waiting

> to

> > > get a DAN doc.Any suggestions?My son has only ever said 6

words

> > > maybe once and doesn't say them again.He won't be started

speech

> > > hterapy for a few mths.Thanks for all your replys in advance.

> > >

> >

> > My son did not develop language. He had no words. I started

> chelation

> > just before he turned 2 yo. He is 2 1/2 yo and has no more

speech

> > delay... You might want to have your son's hair tested and see

the

> > Austism-Mercury group for more info. I follow Andy Cutler's

> protocol.

> >

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

Hi ,

My son will be 13 mo on 4/1 and really only still babbles, (mama dada,

nana,)no concrete words yet and also does not say these words with

intent as to who he is saying it too. One thing I do say to him is " all

done " usually when he is done eating and I have noticed he says

something along the lines of " ah da " which I am thinking he is

repeating what I have been saying ot him. He may be very close to

saying some words. because he also sometimes when he shows me a toy

says " that " which comes out more like " dat " .

I think try just simple phrases or words but try and do it consistently

when she is doing something or just finished something and I am sure in

the next few weeks you will start to notice if you really look for it

that Maddie is trying to imitate what you are saying.

Dont really know what the guideline age is for baby's saying an actual

word tho, since my son does not really say anything yet either.

HTH!

>

> Hi - just wondering if anyone has a 13 month old who is babbling but

> not really saying any words yet. not even mama or dada with intent.

> this is what my daughter is doing and i am just wondering if anyone

is

> or has experienced the same thing.

>

> thanks,

> candice, ny

>

Guest guest

My b/g twins are 12 mths and they both say mama and dada but not

specifically to us yet. Our boy does say mama when he's crying as if

he knows I'll come but that's it.

Is your daughter more physical? I've always heard, don't know if this

is true, that they are usually less verbal if they are more physical

and more verbal if they are less physical. Although my twins are just

commando crawling and trying to pull up so go figure.

Hope this helps,

Staci (Northern California)

Kaylee 12 mths, Starband as of 3/26/07

>

> not really saying any words yet. not even mama or dada with

intent.

> this is what my daughter is doing and i am just wondering if anyone

is

>

> thanks,

> candice, ny

>

Guest guest

sydney is 15 mo and talks a lot. however i'm in an online group with

other moms of kids the same age and some of them only say mama and

dada if they speak at all. I think there is a huge variation. if she

seems to hear fine, and she's babbling I wouldn't worry.

-christine

>

> not really saying any words yet. not even mama or dada with intent.

> this is what my daughter is doing and i am just wondering if anyone is

>

> thanks,

> candice, ny

>

Guest guest

Luli still doesn't talk too much. She was so mobile that her vocabulary is slower to catch up. I've heard that they usually excel at one thing and are slower at another. Is your dd very active?

Jen and Luli (15mo)

Left Tort - Right Plagio - Hanger Band Grad - CA

Tallulah Jayne -

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jens5th/

speech

Hi - just wondering if anyone has a 13 month old who is babbling but

not really saying any words yet. not even mama or dada with intent.

this is what my daughter is doing and i am just wondering if anyone is

or has experienced the same thing.

thanks,

candice, ny

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Guest guest

, My oldest who is now 9 did not speak until he was 18 months old. It turned out that he had fluid in his ears that had been there since birth and he was unable to hear us. We went to see an ENT and ended up putting tubes in his ears. On the drive home from the surgery he started babbling for the first time...it was amazing. My suggestion to you is to call for a referral to an ENT and then contact your states Early INtervention Service - he had speech therapy off an on until he was 7. It took over a year to have him catch up due to the fluid. Oh and he did not have plagio so it was unrelated to that. Mom to Madison 7 months Severe Plagio - DOC band arrives tomorrow!candicedumerlin <candicedumerlin@...> wrote: Hi - just wondering if anyone has a 13 month old who is babbling but not really saying any words yet. not even mama or dada with intent. this is what my daughter is doing and i am just wondering if anyone is or has experienced the same thing.thanks,candice, ny

We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love(and love to hate): TV's Guilty Pleasures list.

Guest guest

she is very active now, but she is not walking on her own yet. still cruising. her ped. says that her speech development is fine. she is very interactive, inquistive and social, but i was just wondering what was the experience of others. most developmental charts say that they should be saying bye bye, and mama & dada with intent btwn 9-12 months. i just have to remember that those are just estimates and all babies are different. thanks, candice,ny JenandLuli@... wrote: Luli still doesn't talk too much. She was so mobile that her vocabulary is slower to catch up. I've heard that they usually excel at one thing and are slower at another. Is your dd very active? Jen and Luli (15mo)Left Tort - Right Plagio - Hanger Band Grad - CATallulah Jayne -http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jens5th/ speech Hi - just wondering if anyone has a 13 month old who is babbling but not really saying any words yet. not even mama or dada

with intent. this is what my daughter is doing and i am just wondering if anyone is or has experienced the same thing.thanks,candice, ny AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Don't get soaked. Take a quick peek at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut.

Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta.

Guest guest

well, my daughter babbles and seems to hear us...if we call her name she resonds, if i say clap...she will clap her hands, if i say wave bye...she will, if i ask her to show me a picture of say a monkey...she will point to it and she loves to mimic what they call rasberry sounds. so i don't think it is her hearing, but i don't know...did your son still do some of the things that i mentioned? i guess it is something to keep in mind... thanks, candice, ny <aly81475@...> wrote: , My oldest who is now 9 did not speak until he was 18 months old. It turned out that he had fluid in his ears that had been there since birth and he was unable to hear us. We went to see an ENT and ended up putting tubes in his ears. On the drive home from the surgery he started babbling for the first time...it was amazing. My suggestion to you is to call for a referral to an ENT and then contact your states Early INtervention Service - he had speech therapy off an on until he was 7. It took over a year to have him catch up due to the fluid. Oh and he did not have plagio so it was unrelated to that. Mom to Madison 7 months Severe Plagio - DOC band arrives tomorrow!candicedumerlin <candicedumerlin > wrote: Hi - just wondering if anyone has a 13 month old who is babbling but not really saying any words yet. not even mama or dada with intent. this is what my daughter is doing and i am just wondering if anyone is or has experienced the same thing.thanks,candice, ny We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love(and love to hate): TV's Guilty Pleasures list.

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time with the Search movie showtime shortcut.

Guest guest

Hi ,My 15 month old sister has a very limited vocabulary right now but she is really smart. She babbles ALL the time and says a few words like Mama, Dada, Pepe (our dog) and a few others. Her ped is not concerned because she is very social in all other aspects. She can point to things and knows what everything is and is very curious and he believes she is actually quite ahead. We think that she just doesn't feel like talking and doesn't have the need to and so doesn't. Almost 30% of children don't start talking fully until the age of 2 (and that's medically documented). I wouldn't worry. If she is showing an intellect suitable for her age then there isn't much to worry about. Pretty soon she won't stop

talking!NinaMom to Max, brachy, 7.30.06 Re: speech

well, my daughter babbles and seems to hear us...if we call her name she resonds, if i say clap...she will clap her hands, if i say wave bye...she will, if i ask her to show me a picture of say a monkey...she will point to it and she loves to mimic what they call rasberry sounds. so i don't think it is her hearing, but i don't know...did your son still do some of the things that i mentioned? i guess it is something to keep in mind... thanks, candice, ny <aly81475 (DOT) com> wrote: , My oldest who is now 9 did not speak until he was 18 months old. It turned out that he had fluid in his ears that had been there since birth and he was unable to hear us. We went to see an ENT and ended up putting

tubes in his ears. On the drive home from the surgery he started babbling for the first time...it was amazing. My suggestion to you is to call for a referral to an ENT and then contact your states Early INtervention Service - he had speech therapy off an on until he was 7. It took over a year to have him catch up due to the fluid. Oh and he did not have plagio so it was unrelated to that. Mom to Madison 7 months Severe Plagio - DOC band arrives tomorrow!candicedumerlin <candicedumerlin> wrote: Hi - just wondering if anyone has a 13 month old who is babbling but not really saying any words yet. not even mama or dada with intent. this is what my daughter is doing and i am just wondering if anyone is or has experienced the same

thing.thanks,candice, ny We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love(and love to hate): TV's Guilty Pleasures list. 8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time with the Search movie showtime shortcut.

Guest guest

i had a boy, and my sister had a girl, well anyways before i had cheyenne i noticed girls do things much faster, and talk faster because my son never started talking real words to like 2 i guess. i always had to rely on his expressions. trust me i knew my son like a book even though he couldn't tell me what he wanted. he started rolling over at 7 months, and my girl 4 months, and he was crawling at 8 or 9 months, and walking at 14 months. you can probably teach him to point things out, and say what they are. you just have to do it everytime. good luck. he will start talking. lexie mom of cheyenne, and joey Hi ,My son will be 13 mo on 4/1 and really only still babbles, (mama dada, nana,)no concrete words yet and also does not say these words with intent as to who he is saying it too. One thing I do say to him is "all done" usually when he is done eating and I have noticed he says something along the lines of "ah da" which I am thinking he is repeating what I have been saying ot him. He may be very close to saying some words. because he also sometimes when he shows me a toy says "that" which comes out more like "dat".I think try just simple phrases or words but try and do it consistently when she is doing something or just finished something and I am sure in the next few weeks you will start to notice if you really look for it that Maddie is trying to imitate what you are

saying.Dont really know what the guideline age is for baby's saying an actual word tho, since my son does not really say anything yet either.HTH!>> Hi - just wondering if anyone has a 13 month old who is babbling but > not really saying any words yet. not even mama or dada with intent. > this is what my daughter is doing and i am just wondering if anyone is > or has experienced the same thing.> > thanks,> candice, ny>

Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q&A for great tips from Answers users.

Guest guest

sounds a lot like my daughter. i guess i just have to give her time and be consistent like you said. most of all i have to stop worrying and just leave it in God's hands. thanks, candice, nycathyl65 <cathyl65@...> wrote: Hi ,My son will be 13 mo on 4/1 and really only still babbles, (mama dada, nana,)no concrete words yet and also does not say these words with intent as to who he is saying it too. One thing I do say

to him is "all done" usually when he is done eating and I have noticed he says something along the lines of "ah da" which I am thinking he is repeating what I have been saying ot him. He may be very close to saying some words. because he also sometimes when he shows me a toy says "that" which comes out more like "dat".I think try just simple phrases or words but try and do it consistently when she is doing something or just finished something and I am sure in the next few weeks you will start to notice if you really look for it that Maddie is trying to imitate what you are saying.Dont really know what the guideline age is for baby's saying an actual word tho, since my son does not really say anything yet either.HTH!>> Hi - just

wondering if anyone has a 13 month old who is babbling but > not really saying any words yet. not even mama or dada with intent. > this is what my daughter is doing and i am just wondering if anyone is > or has experienced the same thing.> > thanks,> candice, ny>

TV dinner still cooling?Check out "Tonight's Picks" on TV.

Guest guest

that is funny because my daughter says mama a lot when she cries also. she is very physical now, although she is not walking yet. she is crawling and cruising though. thanks, candice

Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains.

• 11 months later...
Guest guest

Don't worry about having speech by five. I also heard that and was

devastated when my son was only in the third percentile for speech when he

started Kindergarten. After Dr. G and doing ABA and anything else I thought

would help, he was in the 85th percentile for speech by fourth grade. Still

very weird, but definitely improving.

Now he is on a merit scholarship for College and recovered. This last

quarter he was one of three in his English class who got an " A " on his

research paper. I was amazed that this kid who lacked language, couldn't

write in middle school and struggled with it in high school is now one of

the best writers around. Don't believe what people tell you that limits

what your child can do. Just keep working at it and remember to notice what

you have accomplished as well as what they still need to learn.

Marcia Hinds

Guest guest

Yes- thanks for passing this along. I also get tired of hearing of the magic

" window " , or ? otherwise to do what ? do not bother? I have even seen an 18

year old make huge gains with treatment starting at 17 only.

Angie

Curtis and Hackler <thehacks@...> wrote:

Marcia-

Thanks for the encouragment! Your son really is

amazing & I am so thankful that he is recovered &

doing so well~~ he's an inspiration!!

--- Marcia Hinds <hindssite@...> wrote:

> Don't worry about having speech by five. I also

> heard that and was

> devastated when my son was only in the third

> percentile for speech when he

> started Kindergarten. After Dr. G and doing ABA and

> anything else I thought

> would help, he was in the 85th percentile for speech

> by fourth grade. Still

> very weird, but definitely improving.

>

>

>

> Now he is on a merit scholarship for College and

> recovered. This last

> quarter he was one of three in his English class who

> got an " A " on his

> research paper. I was amazed that this kid who

> lacked language, couldn't

> write in middle school and struggled with it in high

> school is now one of

> the best writers around. Don't believe what people

> tell you that limits

> what your child can do. Just keep working at it and

> remember to notice what

> you have accomplished as well as what they still

> need to learn.

>

>

>

> Marcia Hinds

>

>

>

>

>

> [Non-text portions of this message have been

> removed]

>

>

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Find them fast with Search.

http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

---------------------------------

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

" Speech delay may be secondary to maturation delay or bilingualism. "

http://www.aafp.org/afp/990600ap/3121.html However we have quite a few members

who have bilingual households where only one child (the one with the impairment)

is affected. We even have twins where one is not able to say a word but the

other is fluent in two languages. So while again a bilingual upbringing may

cause a temporary delay- you'd want to dig a bit deeper for the cause of a delay

if it goes on. You may want to read up on this article on this topic here to

start (and we cover this in The Late Talker too):

DeHouwer, Amnick. Two or More Languages in Early Childhood: Some General Points

and Practical Recommendations. ERIC Digest, [cited 1999].

http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICDocs/data/ericdocs2sql/content_storage_01/0000019b/80\

/15/db/45.pdf

=====

Guest guest

I have seen many children that speak spanish and english and are very verbally

advanced so in my opinion no.

Subject: [ ] Speech

Date: Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 7:05 PM

Is bilingualism responsible of delays on speech in some children

Guest guest

I was for my sister's son. She talked English to him at home and they lived in

Mex. It wasn't until he started preschool and everything was in spanish that he

began to really communicate.

But I have known other children in very similar circumstances who got it without

any delays.

>

> Is bilingualism responsible of delays on speech in some children

>

Guest guest

Our 3 older kids grew up bilingual and it was no problem. Our 4th, special needs

son, has had 3 languages to deal with and speaks nothing! But his lack of speech

is due to other reasons. I prefered to go with the Doman theory that

brain-injured kids can be just as intelligent as normal kids (who have no

problem with learning 2,3 or more languages at one time).

(ny 12)

>

> Is bilingualism responsible of delays on speech in some children

>

Guest guest

We are a Trilingual family and I have heard so many people tell me yes and so

many people tell me no. I am glad that you asked this question because my son is

almost 3 and is just now starting to really talk. He was almost silent up to 2

years and 4 months. They thoughtit was Apraxia, but CPSE is now calling it a

speech delay and the EIOD even blamed the trilingualism. Any thoughts?

Sent: Tue, April 20, 2010 9:05:55 PM

Subject: [ ] Speech

Is bilingualism responsible of delays on speech in some children